26 replies to this topic

#1 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:15 AM

Figures he would announce it on Bravo TV :rolleyes: (could have been worse, could have been a show on LOGO)
I think he can read the writing, nobody wants him. He and his mouth are too much of a liability

NHL.COM: Avery Retiring?

Is Sean Avery done with hockey?

The controversial forward told a live viewing audience during the online "After Show" segment of Bravo TV's "Watch What Happens Live", that he was calling it quits.

Avery's announcement came after the show's host, Andy Cohen, posed a viewer question to him regarding his future.

"Sean, what are your thoughts about your hockey future?" Cohen asked Avery.

The 31-year-old Avery lounged back in his chair and said: "I am officially retired; I threw my skates in the Hudson [River]."

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#2 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:22 AM

Figures he would announce it on Bravo TV :rolleyes: (could have been worse, could have been a show on LOGO)
I think he can read the writing, nobody wants him. He and his mouth are too much of a liability

NHL.COM: Avery Retiring?

He literally threw away his career... AHAHAHAHAAA.
Put food on my family

#3 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:33 AM

Dudes a fvcking loser. Glad to see him go. :hi:

Edited by Quinn01, 13 March 2012 - 11:34 AM.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#4 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,010 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:46 AM

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#5 ironsights

ironsights

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:55 AM

"The 31-year-old Avery lounged back in his chair and said: "I am officially retired; I threw my skates in the Hudson [River].""

Good. Right where they belong.

#6 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:56 AM

he could have just jumped in himself wearing them...:whistling:

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#7 volchenkov28

volchenkov28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:01 PM

Thank you finally the punk goon left. And hopefully no one overseas wants him either.

#8 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,099 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:02 PM

The 31-year-old Avery lounged back in his chair and said: "I am officially retired; I threw my skates in the Hudson [River]."

Wow. He's a jerk AND he litters, too.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#9 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,356 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:05 PM

brooks tweet confirms avery statement that he's done.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#10 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:12 PM

On Puck Daddy his agent says he doesn't intend to officially retire with the NHLPA
Posted Image Posted Image

#11 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:14 PM

what's the point of being in the union if he's not a player in the league? Does he think he's going to get some leadership role in the union or something?

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#12 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,099 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:18 PM

what's the point of being in the union if he's not a player in the league? Does he think he's going to get some leadership role in the union or something?

I'm guessing to leave the door open in case he decides to return.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#13 Joonas #6

Joonas #6

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:01 PM

Haha. Sean Avery...

I fvcking hate animated avatars and signatures.

#14 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,398 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:23 PM

He'd be a fool to retire now. Maybe he'll file at seasons end; the Rags don't want him anywhere... but they still have to pay him to sit home. If he retires, they don't pay.
He'll collect the March and April checks before his contract expires.

I don't know the fees/benefits of remaining active/retiring. But I would think if I'm 31, I wouldn't file retirement just yet.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#15 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:28 PM

He'd be a fool to retire now. Maybe he'll file at seasons end; the Rags don't want him anywhere... but they still have to pay him to sit home. If he retires, they don't pay.
He'll collect the March and April checks before his contract expires.

I don't know the fees/benefits of remaining active/retiring. But I would think if I'm 31, I wouldn't file retirement just yet.

But you're also not a delusional mental patient who believes you're about to strike it rich in the world of fashion. You'd be right if we were talking about a rational person here. Anyway good riddance. Honestly it's been refreshing to not here about him anymore for a while since he hasn't been playing this year. Finally the Rangers figured out what everybody else already knew a while ago - Avery is a talentless waste of space.

#16 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:10 PM

well the karma of his brodeur comment finalized. retired before the old man. :giggle:

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#17 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,099 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:25 PM

well the karma of his brodeur comment finalized. retired before the old man. :giggle:

Plus his "Clarkson is a minor leaguer".

#18 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,953 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:09 PM

I think as douchey as Avery is and has always been, I think part of the anger and hatred towards him from our fanbase is, deep down, we know his nonsense got the best of us more than once. I really wish I could say the Devils could've turned the other way when it came to him, but they didn't...he DID get to them at times, and the '07-'08 playoffs were the worst...3 goals and 2 assists in 5 games, while clearly getting in the minds of the Devils yet again. That series was that much more maddening to watch for that reason alone. It was like every other NHL team knew that Avery was a clown, except for ours, who for some reason let his antics get to them. I'll never understand why.

I'd rather not even acknowledge him...it's almost like we're admitting like he still gets to us somehow.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 13 March 2012 - 04:12 PM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#19 mxm262

mxm262

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:37 PM

Bottom line the league had to add further clarity to what is unsportsmanlike because of this guy.

"yeah, if you are on the ice, you need to follow the puck/action instead of playing a game of I'm not touching you w/ the goaltender"

#20 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:54 PM

I think as douchey as Avery is and has always been, I think part of the anger and hatred towards him from our fanbase is, deep down, we know his nonsense got the best of us more than once. I really wish I could say the Devils could've turned the other way when it came to him, but they didn't...he DID get to them at times, and the '07-'08 playoffs were the worst...3 goals and 2 assists in 5 games, while clearly getting in the minds of the Devils yet again. That series was that much more maddening to watch for that reason alone. It was like every other NHL team knew that Avery was a clown, except for ours, who for some reason let his antics get to them. I'll never understand why.

I'd rather not even acknowledge him...it's almost like we're admitting like he still gets to us somehow.

I agree with almost all of this...bottom line the guy is a joke. He's a joke because of his antics, his untasteful comments to the media concerning his personal life, his comments to other players bringing in religion or ethnicity. The part of him that ISN'T a joke is he's extremely effective in the role he plays. IF he ever learned how to not go over that line, he might have been an extremely talented player in that particular role. Let's face it, he can score, he can hit, and he can talk sh!t and distract the other teams players. Done properly, that's a role that every team needs.

Don't even for one second believe his career is done in the NHL, in Sean Avery's eyes. He wants everyone to think that, so we all talk about it. Which, we are all talking about it. It's all over FB, NHL, Twitter, and message boards. It did it's trick just as Sean Avery intended.

Now if only he would stop with tricks/antics and just play some decent hockey, like he can do, he'd become an effective player in the NHL. Kind of like David Clarkson, with just a little more AHL experience.

P.S. fvck Sean Aver that ragdolled turtling mother fvcker!

Edited by Coorslight, 13 March 2012 - 04:56 PM.

1dun.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users