49 replies to this topic

#41 peteyvegas

peteyvegas

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:14 AM

I think we're looking at the future of the Devils here. When all is said and done, the devils are a D first organization. We have built our championships on this. This kid is it!!! We are one defenseman away from a possible championship team here. But not yet. More than that: We NEED this kid to get to maturity. He's got the goods as it is now. But you cant teach age. We need him going full tilt and he's not. He cant. He's got to hit the weight room and toughen up first. Playoff hockey in the NHL is not the way to do that. It could bury him. I'm afraid of seeing the fight go out of him.

#42 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:02 PM

There comes a point where 'development' isn't just letting a guy get crushed over and over again, and I think the Devils are reaching that point. I don't even know if Larsson can play in the AHL - I think he had to be on the Clear Day roster for that to happen - and I don't think the Devils should send him down even if they could, but he's playing so poorly that the Devils have to consider sitting him out.

Correct. From the AHL's web site:

Each Clear Day roster consists of a maximum of 22 players. According to AHL by-laws, only those players listed on a team’s Clear Day roster are eligible to compete in the remainder of the 2011-12 AHL regular season and in the 2012 Calder Cup Playoffs, unless emergency conditions arise as a result of recall, injury or suspension.

Teams may also add signed draft choices and players signed to amateur tryout contracts, provided that their respective junior or college seasons are complete.

I don't have an opinion as to whether or not he should sit for a while, but there's no point in sending him down since all he'll be able to do is practice.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#43 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:16 PM

I thought Larsson was real good tonight

#44 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,466 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:37 PM

I thought Larsson was real good tonight

It was his best night in awhile and he was still the worst defenseman on the team.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#45 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,657 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:45 PM

I think the Adams are really tired. They need some rest, if somehow they can get it.

#46 Gunslinger27

Gunslinger27

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:25 AM

Getting round the rookie wall ! Looked good tonight though....
#47 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:17 AM

Last night he was 5th among defensemen in TOI, ahead only of his partner Volchenkov. From looking at the TOI charts, it looks like this is because he was paired with Salvador (who led all Devils defensemen in TOI) in the second period.

So, yeah, last night was another instance where he was being protected. Limited ice time, no PP, no PK, paired with our best defensive guys without sticking either one of them with the rook full-time.

Have I mentioned before that I like these coaches?
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#48 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:02 AM

He was fine until whatever the hell that was at the end of regulation/OT, don't remember which, but Greene totally saved his ass.

#49 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:09 AM

I'm not worried about Larsson. He's 19. Growing pains are to be expected, especially after the way he got rocked by Subban. It also has to be pointed out that this is the most games he's ever played in a season, so he's adjusting to that as well.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#50 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,485 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:28 AM

I'm not worried about Larsson. He's 19. Growing pains are to be expected, especially after the way he got rocked by Subban. It also has to be pointed out that this is the most games he's ever played in a season, so he's adjusting to that as well.

All true. I just hope he's sane enough to handle adversity. Either way, next year's the test. I'm assuming the physical will get easier, and if he's mentally tough, he'll come in ready to bring it.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users