#121 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,230 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:16 PM

Lol right after he scored I knew this post was coming

When a guy's had success in the shootout, you can't bail on him after a few NGs...Zach's simply been too good in them in the past. He's now 7-for-14 this season (50%) and 28-for-61 lifetime (45.9%).

And the Devils' freakish prowess in this thing continues..they're now 42.1% lifetime shooters in shootouts. The next closest franchise is Colorado, at 37.8%. It really is scary how much better the Devils continue to be in these than everyone else. They're now 53-28 in them all-time.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#122 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,758 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:20 PM

When a guy's had success in the shootout, you can't bail on him after a few NGs...Zach's simply been too good in them in the past. He's now 7-for-14 this season (50%) and 28-for-61 lifetime (45.9%).

And the Devils' freakish prowess in this thing continues..they're now 42.1% lifetime shooters in shootouts. The next closest franchise is Colorado, at 37.8%. It really is scary how much better the Devils continue to be in these than everyone else. They're now 53-28 in them all-time.

I still don't get how that it but I am not complaining. Too bad the shootouts end in the playoffs.

I am glad I was wrong about parise though lol

#123 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,230 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:24 PM

In one of the wildest things ever, Marty Brodeur's GAA is now better than Tim Thomas' (currently 2.36 to 2.40). That seemed pretty much impossible two months ago when Brodeur was close to 3 and Thomas was at 1.7. Shows how well Brodeur has played and how poorly Thomas has been.

Brodeur's GAA is now better than Pekka Rinne's too.

Bruins are 12-16-1 in their last 29 GP...I knew they'd been struggling, but that is BAD. And that's not a small sample either.
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#124 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:27 PM

from snakebit to shoot out...as good as the shoot out is they play like their hair is on fire in regulation, miss passes missed shots, just awkward turnovers in general.

anyone see kovy troll face right before his shoot out attempt?
Posted Image

#125 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,758 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:38 PM

Larsson had a better game tonight but boy does he still look lost out there many times.. I know he is a young rookie and all but he was not like this before his injury.

#126 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,827 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:42 PM

My completely unprofessional and merely observational opinion on Larsson is that he's just playing scared out there.

I think since Subban rang his bell (in combination with some other pretty big hits this year), he's just had some fear knocked into him

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#127 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,758 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:45 PM

My completely unprofessional and merely observational opinion on Larsson is that he's just playing scared out there.

I think since Subban rang his bell (in combination with some other pretty big hits this year), he's just had some fear knocked into him

That's kinda my feeling too.

I remember one play tonight where it was either a 2 on 2 or 1 on 2 rush by the avs and larsson is defending his player coming across the blue line and volchenkov on the other side comes skating across and makes the defensive play for larsson right in front of him. It is like he was really trying to take the pressure off the kid.

Edited by DevsMan84, 15 March 2012 - 09:46 PM.

#128 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:46 PM

Couldn't watch the game due to work so I.can't really form an opinion but that's a big 2 points right there.
Not happy we technically got shut out again but we had a lot of shots on goal so I guess they put forth a better effort this game.
Zac didn't seem too happy on the radio interview.
It makes me really happy that Brodeur is playing like this. I'm guessing we owe this game to him. I haven't seen highlights.

Edited by ScoreMoreThan3, 15 March 2012 - 09:47 PM.

Respect The New Jersey Devils 30 Year History
Stanley Cups 3 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2002–03)
Conference championships 5 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2011-12)
Division championships 9 (1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10)

#129 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:47 PM

most definitely, but if you keep him in he can erase all of that in the playoffs, its a tough call for sure.
Posted Image

#130 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:51 PM

This should have been an easy win, the Avs were exhausted. I'll take the 2 points, but the Pens wont be that easy on them

#131 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,758 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:52 PM

most definitely, but if you keep him in he can erase all of that in the playoffs, its a tough call for sure.

Yeah I say keep him in still. He did look a little better today so that is a step in the right direction.

#132 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:55 PM

Couldn't watch the game due to work so I.can't really form an opinion but that's a big 2 points right there.
It makes me really happy that Brodeur is playing like this. I'm guessing we owe this game to him. I haven't seen highlights.

11o'clock msg+

Edited by lazer, 15 March 2012 - 09:56 PM.

Posted Image

#133 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:36 PM

Did anyone notice how the Avalanche basically lined up like a little league team when they were out there for the national anthem?

#134 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,000 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:12 PM

This should have been an easy win, the Avs were exhausted. I'll take the 2 points, but the Pens wont be that easy on them

And we're not exhausted after playing nine games in fifteen days? (and four in six with the fourth being a bit of a trap game) Besides they needed the game more, I'm fine with the result today.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 15 March 2012 - 11:12 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#135 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:37 PM

And we're not exhausted after playing nine games in fifteen days? (and four in six with the fourth being a bit of a trap game) Besides they needed the game more, I'm fine with the result today.

Agreed, I felt the biggest negative of the night was our play in overtime.

#136 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,486 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:59 PM

His save% is also up to .908...he has a shot to reach his career .913 mark...I remember when it was .883 on the season. I'm so happy for him, in that he's finishing up so strongly. I never wanted to see him leaving the game in embarrassment...he'll probably finish the season with 30-33 wins. Considering where he and the Devils were after the first third of the season or so, that's beyond terrific.

It's funny, Brodeur started to say he'd probably be back next year right when he started to turn it around, and I was like, oh man, what is this guy thinking? This could easily be a fluke. But it seems like he had some sort of revelation about his game and since then he's been the old Brodeur. I'm still worried about a possible Roloson-ing if he did come back - they've got to get him a better backup than Hedberg - but barring a meltdown in the playoffs, I'm mildly comfortable with the notion of Brodeur returning. And I would've never believed that 2 months ago.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#137 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:38 AM

Good win, but worried about the Pens game now.
Posted Image Posted Image

#138 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,230 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:12 AM

It's funny, Brodeur started to say he'd probably be back next year right when he started to turn it around, and I was like, oh man, what is this guy thinking? This could easily be a fluke. But it seems like he had some sort of revelation about his game and since then he's been the old Brodeur. I'm still worried about a possible Roloson-ing if he did come back - they've got to get him a better backup than Hedberg - but barring a meltdown in the playoffs, I'm mildly comfortable with the notion of Brodeur returning. And I would've never believed that 2 months ago.

I'm on the fence about Brodeur coming back. I've said it before, but being that there's never been a player with a career workload like Marty's, it's so hard predict how good he'll be. Yeah, back in December, I felt sad for the very first time watching Brodeur. It would be easy to say that I knew Marty would turn it around eventually, because of his unbelievable track record, but I had no idea if he would ever get it going again...at his age, how could anyone know what he's going to do? All I want for him is to go out on top, or as close to it as possible. If he continues what he's done during this resurgence, and finishes the season with, say, 34 wins and a .910 save% or something like that, I think he can leave the game with his head held very high, regardless of what may happen in the playoffs. There's a part of me that would like to see him call it quits right there, rather than risking coming back nest season, starting slow, and possibly never recovering. But like you say, at least you feel better about him taking that chance that you did two months ago.

#30 FOREVER!

#139 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,230 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:32 AM

Good win, but worried about the Pens game now.

Meh, it'd be nice if the Devils won the game for sure, but it's not like they need to. All a loss would do is pretty much make getting the fourth seed extremely difficult, but if you're in the "6th seed or bust" camp (like me), then that doesn't even matter. If anything, it'd be funny to see the Rangers not win the Atlantic after looking like a shoo-in for the #1 seed for a few months.

#30 FOREVER!

#140 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 06:54 AM

Marty Brodeur's pre- and post-All Star break stats ...

Pre:
14-12-2 w/ 0 SOs
.894 Sv%
2.77 GAA

.930 Sv%
1.77 GAA

Posted Image
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users