Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,899 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:13 PM

I sent it to mgmt@newjerseydevils.com

:lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe4EK4HSPkI

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#22 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:09 PM

I don't really compare the two (horn to uniforms). To me, one horn was distinct, special, and Devils. This new one is just there...unlike the old horn, it doesn't really sound much different than some other ones. I don't dislike it...it just doesn't have anywhere near the same impact on me that the old one did. That classic horn just makes the Devils scoring experience that much more complete for me...just like something was missing when the Devils stopped playing R&R Part II, something is still missing with this much more generic horn being used now.

Fair enough. I guess I should rephrase what I said in that I like the new horn, but I would not be opposed to them bringing the old one back.

#23 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,665 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:12 PM

On the You Suck chant... Has anyone else noticed that recently the scoreboard says "you rock" when "you suck" is yelled after a goal?
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#24 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:16 PM

On the You Suck chant... Has anyone else noticed that recently the scoreboard says "you rock" when "you suck" is yelled after a goal?

I think its been that way since the beginning of the season.

I'm definitely being in favor of bringing back the old horn.

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#25 Demonic26

Demonic26

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:08 PM

LOVE the old goal horn brings back so many memories. Definitely would enjoy to have it at the Rock, I think it is a hell lot better than the new one. I as well do not like the "You Suck" chant after we score (unless we are playing the rangers :lol:).

#26 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,944 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:26 PM

I'll post this here since I don't really think it warrants a thread:

Who is in charge of the pregame outdoor festivities in Championship Plaza? Because someone needs to tell the DJ to turn down the freaking volume on the speakers. Don't get me wrong, I'm an old heavy metalhead, so I can appreciate loud music, but Holy Crap yesterday the music pumping out of those speakers was so loud my ears were practically bleeding! And I don't think I'm the only one who was bothered by it because the whole center of the plaza was empty. Why? Because the damn speakers were set up right there! To whomever is in charge of that: Please, please please lower the damn volume next time! I don't need to hear Bruce Springsteen blasted at ungodly decibels!

Edited by 95Crash, 18 March 2012 - 04:26 PM.

#27 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:47 PM

I'll use this thread as an opportunity to step on the soapbox once again, but let's make a deal. Bring back the old goal horn, once people stop the You Suck chant. Notice how we haven't gotten out of the first round since that nonsense started.

Rant over.

Bring back the old horn....along with the o'lays. Man do I miss the o'lays. :unsure:

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#28 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,899 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:24 PM

Bring back the old horn....along with the o'lays. Man do I miss the o'lays. :unsure:

We haven't been past the first round of the playoffs since they replaced Ole! as our goal song.

Surely that must mean something, right? RIGHT?!

...I miss Ole.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#29 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,116 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:00 PM

I sent it to mgmt@newjerseydevils.com

Cool, I will definitely send them something.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#30 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,807 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

Ole sucks, sucked, and always will suck.

This isn't soccer, keep that sh!tty chant out of our arena. Let the moronic habs fans keep it

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#31 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:08 PM

This should be the song when the Devils win :uni: :uni: :uni:

Edited by Mayday, 18 March 2012 - 06:09 PM.

#32 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:20 PM

This isn't soccer, keep that sh!tty chant out of our arena. Let the moronic habs fans keep it

Ah dont be a debbie downer. It has been one of the best chants we have had, especially compared to a chant that makes us look like we are illiterate when we are down by 3 goals.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#33 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:57 PM

Edited by lazer, 18 March 2012 - 07:00 PM.

Posted Image

#34 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:08 PM

Ah dont be a debbie downer. It has been one of the best chants we have had, especially compared to a chant that makes us look like we are illiterate when we are down by 3 goals.

I don't see how Jets fans chant stupid sh!t like "Crosby's better!" when there team has neither player and get all the love for it, but half our own fanbase hates on itself for yelling "you suck!" It's the year 2012! Saying you suck to someone is borderline innocent and playful. It's not like we're chanting fvck you! We don't always have to be so politically correct and I'm pretty sure other teams know it's in good fun.

#35 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,555 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:16 PM

It's also what the Canadians use, so we were basically stealing from them.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#36 mxm262

mxm262

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:21 PM

my two cents:

- Yes to the old horn
- No to "you suck", especially when we're losing.

and it wouldn't hurt to mix up the goal song every now and then.

#37 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:25 PM

i only like that bouncing souls song because its a jersey team supporting a jersey band

#38 brodeur14301991

brodeur14301991

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:27 PM

In case anybody wanted to hear it

#39 puckrock

puckrock

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:36 PM

Bring back the old goal horn, once people stop the You Suck chant. Notice how we haven't gotten out of the first round since that nonsense started.

Not true. The "You Suck" chant really took off during the playoff series against the Rangers in 2006. I'd say that series ended pretty well. I was in section 217 that whole season.
This is my 2012 Playoff signature.

#40 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:14 AM

Notice how we haven't gotten out of the first round since we said "Ole" sucked? So much insecurity in our fanbase.

:giggle:
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users