#62 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,153 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:12 PM

It's not like we're chanting fvck you!

HEYYYY fvckKKK YOUUUUUUU! Maybe we should start doing that, I mean it's definitely original :lol:

#63 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:13 PM

Thing is it seems that this kind of boorish behavior is getting worse and worse every year. Growing up in a family with season tickets, I do not remember back in the 90's and even through the early 2000's the fans being this bad. It just seems to get worse every year since we moved to Newark and not sure if it is just a sign of the times or what, but it needs to stop.

Anyways does anyone know of an email of a person that has some power to change something like the goal horn? I think if we just keep emailing the mgmt alias we will just get canned responses.

Yeah I'd like to know that too. I was prepared to send a passionate e-mail about it, but I don't want to bother if I'm going to get the response that 26 did.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#64 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:39 PM

I'd say go ahead and email the mgmt address. As recently as a year ago I sent something to that address and it obviously made its way up the chain. I got replies from Rich Krezwick (President of Devils Arena Entertainment) and Christopher Modrzynski (COO/Senior Exec. VP), the latter of whom told me my note had been forwarded to Lou.

If enough fans pass along the same sentiment, it will get attention, and that email address is definitely not just a dumpster attached to an auto-reply. I can vouch for that.

Edited by DaneykoIsGod, 19 March 2012 - 12:40 PM.

Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#65 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:43 PM

I'd say go ahead and email the mgmt address. As recently as a year ago I sent something to that address and it obviously made its way up the chain. I got replies from Rich Krezwick (President of Devils Arena Entertainment) and Christopher Modrzynski (COO/Senior Exec. VP), the latter of whom told me my note had been forwarded to Lou.

If enough fans pass along the same sentiment, it will get attention, and that email address is definitely not just a dumpster attached to an auto-reply. I can vouch for that.

I'll give it a shot then. Man how I'd love to hear that goal horn from now on...
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#66 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:46 PM

Well the response I got was dumb and generic but maybe if he gets enough e-mails he'll send it up the ladder.

#67 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,029 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:11 PM

To everyone complaining about the 'you suck' chant: you suck.

just kidding

#68 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:32 PM

HEYYYY fvckKKK YOUUUUUUU! Maybe we should start doing that, I mean it's definitely original :lol:

Lmao the board would surely implode. I don't see the problem with it, everyone hates the Devils & New Jersey already anyway :P

Edited by DevilsFanSteve30, 19 March 2012 - 01:32 PM.

#69 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,153 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:43 PM

Lmao the board would surely implode. I don't see the problem with it, everyone hates the Devils & New Jersey already anyway :P

And instead of putting our closed fist in the air during the heyyyyy we can stick out the middle finger! It would surely be an intimidating place to play if 17,000+ were doing that after every goal. :evil:

#70 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:56 PM

And instead of putting our closed fist in the air during the heyyyyy we can stick out the middle finger! It would surely be an intimidating place to play if 17,000+ were doing that after every goal. :evil:

Oooh, tough call. Middle finger vs. fist pump. State bird vs. state dance.
Posted Image

#71 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,153 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:59 PM

haha that's awesome

#72 Beck27

Beck27

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:01 PM

2 arms, 2 hands...problem solved.

#73 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:05 PM

Posted Image

mother of god...

Edited by lazer, 19 March 2012 - 02:35 PM.

Posted Image

#74 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:21 PM

You actually made me "lmao" here. Bravo zulu sir.

#75 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:45 PM

Love that "ooooone minute" call! However bad the game was, all three times I heard it actually made me downright giddy. I was 12-years old all over again, eating Skittles during intermission and racing my friends up the stairs of the CAA upper bowl. Funny how two little words can be a time machine.

I use to love yelling with the crowd, How much longer Bob? (or something to that effect) strategically timed to finish at the 1:00 minute call...

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#76 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:53 PM

2 arms, 2 hands...problem solved.

Genius.
Posted Image

#77 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

As a father of a three-and-a-half year old daughter, I am responsible for shaping her behavior and for teaching her manners. It's my job, my wife's job, and a few select others.

I agree 100%, we are responsible for shaping our own; they are going to hear curses, see nudity, etc at various points... and it is on to us to explain why, why not to, etc.

My issue is more with civility; less so cursing in front children. To me, it diminishes the experience of enjoying a game when you have someone yelling obscenities, belittling refs/players/other fans (same or opposing), etc. or the tossing of food, containers, whatever else coupled with "Oh that's horsesh!t!!!", etc ... it ruins the experience that we all pay good money for just because someone feels they are entitled to throw a tantrum because the game didn't go the Devils way. I am far more vulgar in my own home, than I am ever in a public venue or space.

When you have a singular fan mouthing off... it just makes for a bad experience. So I usually will say something if it goes on for too long, and if they give me attitude back, just bring it to the attention to the staff and it normally just works itself out.

This is a bit different than the "You Suck!" chant; as most of the times the crowd is in good spirits for that... it's still unfortunate, and really, I don't understand why we do it (especially when we're trailing).

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#78 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:16 PM

I agree 100%, we are responsible for shaping our own; they are going to hear curses, see nudity, etc at various points... and it is on to us to explain why, why not to, etc.

My issue is more with civility; less so cursing in front children. To me, it diminishes the experience of enjoying a game when you have someone yelling obscenities, belittling refs/players/other fans (same or opposing), etc. or the tossing of food, containers, whatever else coupled with "Oh that's horsesh!t!!!", etc ... it ruins the experience that we all pay good money for just because someone feels they are entitled to throw a tantrum because the game didn't go the Devils way. I am far more vulgar in my own home, than I am ever in a public venue or space.

When you have a singular fan mouthing off... it just makes for a bad experience. So I usually will say something if it goes on for too long, and if they give me attitude back, just bring it to the attention to the staff and it normally just works itself out.

This is a bit different than the "You Suck!" chant; as most of the times the crowd is in good spirits for that... it's still unfortunate, and really, I don't understand why we do it (especially when we're trailing).

Agreed on all counts.

During Saturday's game, after the goal that went off the Pen's player skate was ruled a goal, someone in my section, one row in front but on the other end (section 231), decided his form of showing his displeasure of that decision is to throw his entire cup of beer all over the people sitting in 131. Needless to say the people in 131 were very pissed as now adults and kids were now covered with beer on their clothes and you can tell it pretty much ruined their experience. When security came after the usher saw it, no one would admit to it until finally 10 minutes after security questioning a bunch of people, a couple of pens fans pointed out the guy who did it in the front row and kicked him out.

But I guess being at an arena those people in 131 should expect to be covered in beer by one of their own fans right? I mean it is part of the experience right? :rolleyes:

Edited by DevsMan84, 19 March 2012 - 04:17 PM.

#79 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:29 PM

Agreed on all counts.

During Saturday's game, after the goal that went off the Pen's player skate was ruled a goal, someone in my section, one row in front but on the other end (section 231), decided his form of showing his displeasure of that decision is to throw his entire cup of beer all over the people sitting in 131. Needless to say the people in 131 were very pissed as now adults and kids were now covered with beer on their clothes and you can tell it pretty much ruined their experience. When security came after the usher saw it, no one would admit to it until finally 10 minutes after security questioning a bunch of people, a couple of pens fans pointed out the guy who did it in the front row and kicked him out.

But I guess being at an arena those people in 131 should expect to be covered in beer by one of their own fans right? I mean it is part of the experience right? :rolleyes:

I was more referring to bad language as being a part of the experience that you can't really do too much about, though if it gets to be too much, one can always go to an usher or security.

The throwing of food and beer...clearly unacceptable. Sucks that some people think a ticket is license to do whatever they want.

#30 FOREVER!

#80 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,063 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:34 PM

I was more referring to bad language as being a part of the experience that you can't really do too much about, though if it gets to be too much, one can always go to an usher or security.

The throwing of food and beer...clearly unacceptable. Sucks that some people think a ticket is license to do whatever they want.

Yeah I mean I can take bad language. When it gets excessive or people get out of control then I text the PC Guest number. I have used it more than once this season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users