Come onnnnnnn

#162 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:02 PM

yeah thanks ref, when we do something bad, THEN you see it. when they do it, maybe.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#163 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:03 PM

That building is loud..... :blahblah:

#164 ironsights

ironsights

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

aww crud...

#165 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Nice embellishment, Callahan. Stick to the chest? Throw head back as if it caught you in the eye.

#166 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,673 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:04 PM

OH so we miss the high stick to sykora, but damn we sure saw the josefsen one. AHHHHH.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#167 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:05 PM

OH so we miss the high stick to sykora, but damn we sure saw the josefsen one. AHHHHH.

Sykora got hit with the puck.

#168 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,238 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:05 PM

This game reminds me a lot of our last playoff series. We were so inferior in speed and physicality that we just got manhandled while sneaking in a few goals here and there.

Agree, I pretty much said the same thing in this thread...scary how slow and easily overwhelmed these guys can look.

And there it is.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#169 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,029 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:06 PM

Well they better show up tomorrow or the mass panic will start again :rolleyes:
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#170 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,192 posts

Brodeur deserved better tonight.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#171 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,673 posts

Sykora got hit with the puck.

My mistake. Carry on.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#172 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:07 PM

The worst part is that even though the season series is 3-3 the rags fans will still brag that they somehow "own" us.

Edited by DevsMan84, 19 March 2012 - 09:07 PM.

#173 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,029 posts

Agree, I pretty much said the same thing in this thread...scary how slow and easily overwhelmed these guys can look.

And there it is.

It's amazing that we're 3-3 against the Rangers and Flyers, and 3-2 against the Pens and yet I'm not 'at all' confident in beating any of these teams if we met in the playoffs. I mean the Pens got 40 shots on net in like three or four of the games against us and are a different team now, we can't score on Bryzgalov and Pete just can't help but play the useless goons against the Rangers. Not to mention Marty stole one or two of those games we did beat the Rangers in.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#174 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,238 posts

By all means, give them a shot to win 5-2. Guess they're going for consistency.

Oh well, beat Ottawa tomorrow and this will be forgotten.
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#175 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:09 PM

And there it is.

It's like sometimes we're great but when other teams take it to the next level we stay playing regular season hockey.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#176 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:10 PM

"Devils suck! Devils suck! Devils suck!"

Gosh I bet there will be outrage on the Rangers boards tonight about how classy they are not being!

#177 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,238 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:12 PM

It's amazing that we're 3-3 against the Rangers and Flyers, and 3-2 against the Pens and yet I'm not 'at all' confident in beating any of these teams if we met in the playoffs. I mean the Pens got 40 shots on net in like three or four of the games against us and are a different team now, we can't score on Bryzgalov and Pete just can't help but play the useless goons against the Rangers. Not to mention Marty stole one or two of those games we did beat the Rangers in.

I agree 100%. Devils will lose any one of those series in six games or less. In the same maddening two-steps-slower fashion.

My hope is that they wrap up the #6 seed, knock out the #3, and then somehow have enough confidence built up to do better against those teams than I'm expecting.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 19 March 2012 - 09:19 PM.

#30 FOREVER!

#178 Gunslinger27

Gunslinger27

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:12 PM

Tough loss, but we played like sh!t tonight.....
#179 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,962 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:14 PM

I agree 100%. Devils will lose any one of those series in six games or less. In the same maddening fashion two-steps-slower fashion.

My hope is that they wrap up the #6 seed, knock out the #3, and then somehow have enough confidence built up to do better against those teams than I'm expecting.

If the Sens win tomorrow, things get very interesting. This is a rested Sens team going against a very tired Devils game. I'd be happy with a point, but that's going to be tough.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#180 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:16 PM

I'm tired of watching our team play like crap. We desperately need a win tomorrow night and need to break out of this funk. All night long we were forcing offensive plays that weren't there, over-passing, breaking down defensively, and taking stupid penalties. Just a dumb game all around. Only reason it was close is because Lundqvist was off his game. Most of the time we would have been shut out in a game like that. Just not good enough. There's still time before the playoffs but we need to get our act together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users