Photo

Chat Moderators and a request about the GD Chats...

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:35 PM

Congrats to all the new mods! :boogie: :burn:

Carp, if you really think your particular style will consistently come off wrong in real-time (or even on the boards), consider this piece of advice: Emoticons are your friend. Something like a :lol: or a ;) can go a long way toward delineating the difference between a serious snark and a humorous one.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#42 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:40 PM

This is an attack against trolls

Well... maybe it should be. :noclue:

we're leasing a horse btw.... again... just seeing if El D is even HERE! <_<

Leasing a horse?

Sure was! Haven't been in chat in ages.

Me neither. It's got nothing to do with the quality (or lack thereof) of the conversation, it's just that I'm usually otherwise occupied during games, and I don't feel like I should be in the chat room if I'm not giving it my undivided attention.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#43 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:37 PM

Oh I see, just more people to boot me.

Well, does it still work? You should be proud of your bootability resulting in positive on-ice events, and thrilled that there will be more people to take up the slack when the team's doing poorly! :lol:

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#44 El Diablo

El Diablo

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,353 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:57 PM

It is pretty hard to get banned or kicked in the chat.

I promise to kick you out next time youre there ... and dont take it personal, everyone gets kicked eventually .. its part of the initiation and charm.

Oh PK Im not ignoring you.. how could I... I finally been able to watch some games from beg to end lately... and lets catch up on the equestrian talk

Sammy my brother, missed you are.

Star -- chat never changes ...its either feast or famine -- nothing in between.

Rowdy -- where ya been?

Congrats to the rookie class of 2012

"with great power comes great responsibilty"
Posted Image

- props to Puddy for Stevens banner above -

"Stevens doesn't check a guy's age, his salary, his scoring record or his Hall of Fame credentials when he lines him up. He just hits him. "

"YOURE NEXT" -Scott Stevens

"Where are you from?" Jersey. Where the weak are killed and eaten. "Starbuck, what do you hear? ... Nothing but the rain...

"Look for my coming, at first light on the fifth day, at dawn, look to the East"

"I have the libido of a 15-year-old boy. " - Megan Fox

- Proud njdevs keeper of the Boss' Sold Out banner at the CAA -

#45 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,421 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:40 AM

I lost the thread!

Rowdy - yep - we're leasing my husband's buddy - King. He's half Belgian half Quarter horse. OMG he's so ^&#*$^&*Q#$%( cute! I guess he's a tough ride though because he has a "go" button and our daughter is too little to really reign him in so he's just the old man's horse. A friend lost her job - started a catering business and has ZERO time to ride him... she must be OK on funds because she gave us a great deal and gave us full showing privilege.

All I ever want is full mauling rights. I think of horses like big skittish dogs. I LOVE hugging them so much. King is a riot he does that crazy mating thing with his lips but he's just looking for treats -- it's insane but so cute!!! It's like he should be saying something "Awe Wiiiiiiilburrrrr" or something like that. We had been leasing a damm pony - who I loved but that near broke the bank the little bastard. And my daughter was getting entirely too used to his pony gait and was also fearless almost to the point of non-respectful of all horses.

OK -- so CHAT! No one does it - it's all hockey hockey hockey. :o Seriously though -- it wanders away fromt he game sometimes is the only that that I notice... there will be this prospect conversation going on with a quick reference to the game if someone scores.

I admit I enjoy wasting time saying things Like "SEE? That was GOOD." about Clarkson or someone and then all the little goods get ruined with one massively boneheaded play.... It was chat that kind of drove it home to me that whatshisface little guy Olivier was just a mess at the core. I had hoped he was solid at core.... :(

ANYHOW -- so there doesn't seem to be a lot of in the moment stuff unless it's obvious or absurdly subtle - like someone reaches for the possible savior of the Devils with some little guy in triple double minymite minors in the Yukon - then a few others chime in "yeah yeah I heard about that kid .. errr refresh my memory" and it turns onto esoteric :blahblah: with everyone trying to 'out knowledge' the other... while giving an occasional prop out to the select "Say - you oughtta know this soandso - what do you think about Rene Bobbalink down in ZZ Anchorage?" :argh: :argh: Then someone references a player actually on ice and it's brushed off - I guess because it's too obvious? OR somebody says "lets get Tony Amonte" type stuff and someone (not in the esoteric bunch) takes it seriously and .... :saddevil: but BUT -- I am not there that much so I actually dont know how it regularly is :giggle: I'm just mouthing off on why I'm not there much now.... :P

I guess what i'm saying is it reads like a brag fest not so much an informative chat. At best it's a lecture by the hockey geniae (all plurals of any word ending in "us" must end in "i" - it's arule of mine)

I'm here for the party

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users