64 replies to this topic

#1 Beetlebum

Beetlebum

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:54 AM

A move that i've been in favor of if the right situation came to fruition. Kovy and him together could be feast or famine but they should at least try.

http://spectorshocke...ens-and-bruins/

#2 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,968 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:57 AM

Get him off that contract and out of the spotlight...and for the right price that isn't even remotely close to his current cap hit...it could work easily. Is there room here for another center though?

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#3 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 08:57 AM

:blink:

speechless
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#4 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,252 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:01 AM

No thanks. Enough with ex-Devils.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#5 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:02 AM

I suppose a Sykora like try out with a potential sub-$1 million one year deal wouldn't hurt.

I don't watch any Canadians games, but if he can still carry the puck through the neutral zone he might have some use.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#6 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:06 AM

No thanks.

815631765.gif

#7 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:07 AM

A move that i've been in favor of if the right situation came to fruition. Kovy and him together could be feast or famine but they should at least try.

http://spectorshocke...ens-and-bruins/

well never say never.....I didn't think Holik or Lemieux would ever be back as Devils...but Lou thought it would help the team so...

But having someone (like Gomez) that passes 99% of the time and shoots 1% of the time might be what Kovi needs to get back to that 40+ goal season consistently.

#8 Microwavepizza

Microwavepizza

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:09 AM

oh so many ways to say no...
ill just let Michael Scott say it!

POTATO!!!

#9 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,250 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:15 AM

gomez skates through the zone just like kovy does. carrying the puck up ice is generally not the devils problem.

also center - at least for next year - is the one position the devils do not have to worry about. At this point, they have to really think about moving henrique to wing. Top 3 centers are zajac, elias and josefson.

it was discussed in chat last night, but i think the devils need to move one of their established D (greene would be my choice) for a RW who can score - gagner was my choice.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#10 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:31 AM

TVA article (in French)

Google translation to English

Depending on what the hockey analyst Patrice Brisebois has advanced to the show "The Match" on Monday night, Gomez would like to make a comeback with the New Jersey Devils, the organization with which he was successful for seven seasons, between 1999 and 2007.

"It would not surprise me that Lou Lamoriello to submit a contract offer, because he grew up in the organization. Perhaps with a one million and less pressure, he arrives to perform [the expectations], "said the former Canadiens defenseman.

Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#11 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:59 AM

This is exactly the type of move I can see Lou make if we lose Zach on July 1. At which point I will put my head through a wall. God, I want no part of this guy. He's lazy, overweight, and generally is hated by the fans. Even at $1 million for 1 year he'd be overpaid.
Posted Image

#12 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,838 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:03 AM

Nope.

He showed what he's loyal to already. fvck him

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#13 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:32 AM

Oh hell no!

#14 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:36 AM

As someone said before, for a low Sykora-like deal I could see it.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#15 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:52 AM

I don't want a center who hasn't pulled his weight in years. Gio for a Sykora like price is a different story, but I don't see the Habs cutting ties with him yet.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#16 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:53 AM

Have to give BB credit if it does happen, he has been calling for this for a long time.

Edited by Devils Pride 26, 20 March 2012 - 10:53 AM.

#17 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:54 AM

I don't want a center who hasn't pulled his weight in years. Gio for a Sykora like price is a different story, but I don't see the Habs cutting ties with him yet.

Gio also hasn't hit rock bottom like Sykora or Gomez have.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#18 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,982 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:04 AM

If Parise walks, the Devils are going to have two top six holes to fill. My guess is Tedenby will be one. Why not buy extremely low on Gomez?

#19 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:06 AM

Gio also hasn't hit rock bottom like Sykora or Gomez have.

Exactly. I just threw him out as an example of a former Devil who could help this team.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#20 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,509 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:23 AM

If Parise walks, the Devils are going to have two top six holes to fill. My guess is Tedenby will be one. Why not buy extremely low on Gomez?

Tedenby has not exactly been lighting up the AHL; I wouldn't count on him for anything.

I think Gomez still has a lot to offer a team if his attitude is right. If Parise walks:

Elias-Zajac-Zubrus
Henrique-Gomez-Kovalchuk
?-Josefson-Clarkson

me likey.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users