102 replies to this topic

#81 Steadevils

Steadevils

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:12 PM

Moose is on fire. That was a good win. Obviously you'd like to see more goals, but still that is a very well played game defensively.
"I realized from Day 1 the way I played I'd never be a Gretzky or a Lemieux, well, a Mario I mean. I was never going to be a player to get standing ovations in a visitors' building."

-- Claude Lemieux - May 7, 1999

#82 devs82fan

devs82fan

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:21 PM

nice win and shutout for :moose:

#83 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:26 PM

Low scoring and Hedberg kept the Devils in this game. A mistake and it's a different game. Kovy looks hurt to me but he got his 400 goal and won this game.

#84 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,493 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:30 PM

Posted Image

Whoo Hooo! Win!

#85 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 09:52 PM

Good solid win.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#86 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:30 PM

I want Moose to start the Penguins game.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#87 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,884 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:35 PM

I want Moose to start the Penguins game.

That's the best way to punish him :P

Besides, he's not starting two out of three games. Hopefully we'll see him once next week, but I think he'll only play once the week after with Marty getting the other seven.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#88 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,604 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:43 PM

I think you guys are misreading this. Moose is probably having the best season of his career because he is playing at a backup goalie pace. Its what suits him.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#89 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:31 PM

Moose deserves a start in the playoffs, screw the regular season.
Also, not thrilled with us only scoring 5 goals in 5 games.
That's not good at all and these lines need to be changed. Now.
Respect The New Jersey Devils 30 Year History
Stanley Cups 3 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2002–03)
Conference championships 5 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2011-12)
Division championships 9 (1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10)

#90 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,131 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:09 AM

I'll try to make this the last time I say this the rest of the regular season cuz I'm probably gonna sound like a stuck record: the officiating this season has been HORRIBLE. Countless obvious infractions are not called per game. Instead, it seems to be random calls from the refs.

#91 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,940 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:04 AM

Moose deserves a start in the playoffs, screw the regular season.

With the way he's played, I definitely think DeBoer and Co. won't be that hesitant to go to him if things are not going well in the playoffs, especially if the Devils fall behind 2-0 in a series and Marty's not playing well. But Marty's obviously the guy going in, no questions asked.

Also, not thrilled with us only scoring 5 goals in 5 games.
That's not good at all and these lines need to be changed. Now.

Well, duh, no one's thrilled with that output.

Henrique has really disappeared...I barely notice him anymore. I think I give the current lines another game or two...Toronto is a good opponent to get it going against.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#92 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:36 AM

Important win with great D in front of moose. our back-checkers picked up some big rebounds in the slot.

Shutout again at even strength is not good, we need a scoring surge going in

#93 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:58 AM

"They like to trap it up and make it a difficult game. We just weren't able to get one past Hedberg," Senators forward Nick Foligno said.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=390940

Trappity trap trap trap
Posted Image

#94 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:29 AM

it's like laughing at yourself to diffuse the joke. deboer should tell the media that their trap system is killing everyone this season every chance he gets, maybe the teams will expect trap when we skate past them.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#95 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:42 AM

How dare we attempt to prevent teams from carrying it into our zone! we should be fined by Gary Bettman AND Roger Goodell

btw: read some of the comments! too funny!

Edited by EdgeControl, 21 March 2012 - 08:42 AM.

#96 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 09:09 AM

Posted Image

Whoo Hooo! Win!

I dont think this was legal back in those days !!

#97 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:27 AM

7-4-1 in the month from hell. All things considered, not bad. Looks like that 6th seed is the Devils' to lose.

12 down, 5 to go. Not a bad showing thus far at all. If they win just one of these last five they're guaranteed to finish March at a minimum of .500, which I believe was your hope at the month's start.

And from here on out it actually isn't that bad. No more back-to-backs. They have two two-day breaks between games in these last two and a half weeks (whereas their last two-day break was three weeks ago). Of the eight remaining games, four are against teams out of the playoff picture, five are at home, and the farthest they have to travel is Detroit (with Pittsburgh and Carolina being the other remaining away games). As far as the brutality of the March schedule goes, the worst of it has passed ... on paper, at least.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#98 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,274 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:13 AM

"They like to trap it up and make it a difficult game. We just weren't able to get one past Hedberg," Senators forward Nick Foligno said.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=390940

Trappity trap trap trap

Heard it by everyone in the media here in Ottawa. This is clearly a stigma that will never ever go away.

This was a smart game by the Devils. A very tough back-to-back game where you badly need two points. You don't go running and gunning against a team coming off a few days off that are very fresh. They got the lead and played smart hockey. Good game plan. End of story.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#99 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,067 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:24 AM

Heard it by everyone in the media here in Ottawa. This is clearly a stigma that will never ever go away.

Yeah, but just last year they were trapping a ton. Give it 5 years, let Lou and Brodeur leave, then see where we stand.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#100 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,274 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:32 AM

Yeah, but just last year they were trapping a ton. Give it 5 years, let Lou and Brodeur leave, then see where we stand.

Sure, but it is simply dumped on the Devils. No one other than annoyed Devils fans have called what the Rangers do...trapping. No one mentions it when any team around the league plays that way. Haven't heard it once when talking about the Blues this season. And no one has ever had the Bruins and trap in the same sentence.

Just the way it is. I'm not that annoyed, but it did annoy me when some educated hockey people were saying that, "it's the same old boring Devils. They just don't play entertaining hockey to watch." People who have played the game should understand the situation coming off a very tough emotional game against your rivals 24 hours before and what kind of game you're going to play to get the job done.

Edited by devilsrule33, 21 March 2012 - 11:36 AM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users