102 replies to this topic

#101 peteyvegas

peteyvegas

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:54 AM

I dont like this habit they've gotten into lately. They're spending way too much time behind the nets. On D, they get caught in their zone behind the net and on offence they spend too much time behind their opponents net. They have no one in the slot and they're trying to cram every goal in instead of working the slots (except, of course, the pp). They've had great success this year from the half board and yet they put 3 players behind the net.

#102 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,943 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:17 PM

12 down, 5 to go. Not a bad showing thus far at all. If they win just one of these last five they're guaranteed to finish March at a minimum of .500, which I believe was your hope at the month's start.

And from here on out it actually isn't that bad. No more back-to-backs. They have two two-day breaks between games in these last two and a half weeks (whereas their last two-day break was three weeks ago). Of the eight remaining games, four are against teams out of the playoff picture, five are at home, and the farthest they have to travel is Detroit (with Pittsburgh and Carolina being the other remaining away games). As far as the brutality of the March schedule goes, the worst of it has passed ... on paper, at least.

Actually, my hope was 20 points for the month. So three over NHL-.500 (something like 10-7-0, 9-6-2, etc.). They need five more over the next five to achieve that...pretty do-able.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#103 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 12:20 PM

Actually, my hope was 20 points for the month. So three over NHL-.500 (something like 10-7-0, 9-6-2, etc.). They need five more over the next five to achieve that...pretty do-able.

Ah, my bad. Toronto, at Pittsburgh, Chicago, Tampa, and at Carolina remain in March. Five in five is definitely doable.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users