129 replies to this topic

#61 Kovy138

Kovy138

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:43 PM

fvck.. whatever, every point counts. marty really wasn't sharp tonight, e3specially in the S/O
LET'S GO DEVILS

#62 Easy Parise

Easy Parise

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:44 PM

so now can we play hedberg... broduer faced 17 shots, let in 3, and then let in EVERY SINGLE SHOOTOUT GOAL GLOVE SIDE.
Posted Image

#63 Parisalchuk

Parisalchuk

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:44 PM

Well.....that was disappointing. Would have liked to see Marty make a save on one of those. At least they got a point.

#64 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:46 PM

No excuse for a game like that. No way Marty can't shoulder the blame. The boys up front did everything they could to climb back in to this game and the Goalie play lets us down. EP said it...he stopped 14 out of 17 shots...that is unacceptable this time of year.
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#65 pumpkin cutter

pumpkin cutter

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Exciting 3rd period. I'm happy with the point. On to pitts.

#66 Deke

Deke

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

the first two were stoppable shots, that third one was just a slick move also lol at patty having the goalie looking like a street hockey rubber goalie and still hitting him in the pads
Go Carp, go!
Salmonbellies rule!
Hit 'em harder cops!
But a hockey team called the Mighty Ducks?
Aw, man.

#67 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,001 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:47 PM

An absolute who cares result in the shootout. The Elias shot decision was beyond weird since his move is cut inside and go top corner glove side.

Good comeback by the Devils. Really not worried that they lost in the shootout. Marty really didn't seem to know what the heck the young guys were doing in the shootout.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#68 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:47 PM

No excuse for a game like that. No way Marty can't shoulder the blame. The boys up front did everything they could to climb back in to this game and the Goalie play lets us down. EP said it...he stopped 14 out of 17 shots...that is unacceptable this time of year.

Guy is beat. Let moose ride a few games.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#69 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,366 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:48 PM

They came back from 3-1...not really that disappointing. And they didn't really need the win tonight, though it would've been nice. Ottawa probably loses their game tonight...if that happens, Devils are up 6 on Ottawa with 7 to play. Can't see Ottawa overcoming that.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#70 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,851 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:49 PM

Did Marty have a rough night? Probably.

But I do remember on two goals our defense was caught standing around, especially larsson and fayne

#71 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,366 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:51 PM

Did Marty have a rough night? Probably.

But I do remember on two goals our defense was caught standing around, especially larsson and fayne

C'mon, everything's Marty's fault. The sharks are smellin' chum in the water tonight...
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#72 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:51 PM

They came back from 3-1...not really that disappointing. And they didn't really need the win tonight, though it would've been nice. Ottawa probably loses their game tonight...if that happens, Devils are up 6 on Ottawa with 7 to play. Can't see Ottawa overcoming that.

Interesting enough: Florida catches and surpasses Boston, Ottawa catches up to us and it ends up being Devils in 7th vs. FLA in 2nd.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#73 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:52 PM

Yup.. Gotta take the positives that we generated a ton of shots and battled back in the 3rd.. Sometimes Marty bails you out and sometimes you try to bail him out
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#74 Parisalchuk

Parisalchuk

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:54 PM

My mom's (who barely watches hockey) comment on the leafs in the shootout: "why are they scoring so easily?"

#75 Beck27

Beck27

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:55 PM

Not sure I've ever seen a goalie look more clueless than Reimer in the shootout...he barely flinched on all three shots; yet somehow he was the winning goalie.

The Devils would be a powerhouse if it wasn't for these mindless defensive lapses they have every game. I don't think it has anything to do with skill deficiency...it's just letting up...losing concentration.

Edited by Beck27, 23 March 2012 - 08:56 PM.

#76 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:57 PM

Another pathetic performance on home ice against a garbage team. Go ahead and come up with the excuses you want--you need to win these type of games. Marty was atrocious tonight.

#77 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:58 PM

Take the point.....and sit Martys a$$ a few games......Moose throws a shutout and sits....now Marty needs to.
And The Rags Have How Many Cups--Can't win many with a Farm team.

#78 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 08:59 PM

hope the offense gained confidence in the fact they can come back and score some goals. Brodeur will bounce back. Id much rather have him have am off night like tonight now then in the playoffs

#79 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,730 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:01 PM

My mom's (who barely watches hockey) comment on the leafs in the shootout: "why are they scoring so easily?"

what did you say? :blahblah:
Posted Image

#80 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,851 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 09:02 PM

C'mon, everything's Marty's fault. The sharks are smellin' chum in the water tonight...

Lol actually I didn't mean it like that. I used bad wording. I think he did well but because of no help from the defense he was having a rough time. At least two if not all goals against were not his fault.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users