31 replies to this topic

#21 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:48 PM

thank jesus christ the KHP line was broken up. time to try something new. good to see zajac back.

#22 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:07 AM

New lines this morning.

Henrique Zajac Kovalchuk
Ponikarovsky Josefson Clarkson
Sykora Carter Bernier

I like! I really expect that Zajac line to be extremely dangerous with Henrique on the wing.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#23 Anhkheg

Anhkheg

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:45 PM

New lines this morning.

Henrique Zajac Kovalchuk
Ponikarovsky Josefson Clarkson
Sykora Carter Bernier

I like! I really expect that Zajac line to be extremely dangerous with Henrique on the wing.

I like this move a lot. I think one change can really help here, switching Poni and Sykora. Sykora is too slow against other teams' top lines and our fourth line needs some help as teams have pegged it as our weakness.

#24 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,123 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:44 PM

Elias is 19-for-48 in the shootout (39.6%) lifetime and 5-for-11 (45.5%) this season.

Zajac is 4-for-13 lifetime for 30.8%

But let me guess...since Elias didn't get it done last night, he needs to replaced in the shootout.

What a joke of a post.

Fwiw Elias is honestly not that good at the SO. Ive been wishing we would substitute Henrique for Elias for a long time

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#25 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,755 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:15 PM

Fwiw Elias is honestly not that good at the SO. Ive been wishing we would substitute Henrique for Elias for a long time

Based on what?

The numbers tell a different story. So Elias' 5-for-11 isn't good enough for you this season? The only thing bad about Kovy being ridiculously automatic this season is that some think that if other shooters aren't producing at somewhere near that rate, it's not enough. The fact that Kovy's now at 40.0% AFTER this season's burst should tell you how off-the-charts he's been this season. Elias is just fine in shootouts. 39.6% lifetime is very good.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#26 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,303 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:17 PM

Based on what?

The numbers tell a different story. So Elias' 5-for-11 isn't good enough for you this season? The only thing bad about Kovy being ridiculously automatic this season is that some think that if other shooters aren't producing at somewhere near that rate, it's not enough. The fact that Kovy's now at 40.0% AFTER this season's burst should tell you how off-the-charts he's been this season. Elias is just fine in shootouts. 39.6% lifetime is very good.

Elias has had 11 shootout attempts this season?!

I can barely remember 3. Usually it seems we win it after 2-2.5 rounds

Edited by DevsMan84, 26 March 2012 - 04:18 PM.

#27 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,755 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 04:31 PM

Elias has had 11 shootout attempts this season?!

I can barely remember 3. Usually it seems we win it after 2-2.5 rounds

Only six players have taken shots for the Devils this season in the shootout:

Kovy: 11-for-13
Parise: 8-for-15
Elias: 5-for-11
Clarkson: 1-for-1
Henrique: 1-for-3
Sykora: 0-for-1

That makes for a team shooting% of 59.6...the next closest team is Colorado, at 51.7.

And the Devils as a team are shooting 42.4% since this thing started. No other team is even close to 40%.
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#28 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,624 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:00 PM

In a few weeks, shootouts won't matter anymore.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#29 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,721 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:42 PM

lol I actually thought Elias's numbers were worse in the shootout this year too, both in terms of attempts and percentage. But it's easy to get overshadowed when the guy leading off seems to make every one of them.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#30 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,123 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 10:37 PM

Based on what?

That's better than I thought but it's because I feel like out of the goals he has succeeded on, one of two of them may have barely bounced in.. And the point is yea I think Henrique would have been better.

Whatever not like this will matter in a few games anyway

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#31 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,755 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:01 PM

That's better than I thought but it's because I feel like out of the goals he has succeeded on, one of two of them may have barely bounced in.. And the point is yea I think Henrique would have been better.

Whatever not like this will matter in a few games anyway

You're basing that on basically nothing. So be it.

Like you said, ain't no shootouts come playoff time anyway.

#30 FOREVER!

#32 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,755 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:05 PM

lol I actually thought Elias's numbers were worse in the shootout this year too, both in terms of attempts and percentage. But it's easy to get overshadowed when the guy leading off seems to make every one of them.

And that is a lot of the problem. I've seen both Parise and Elias get criticized this season for shootout performances when neither deserved it. But that's what can happen when one guy is so off-the-charts dominant. Parise and Elias are a combined 13-for-26 this season...can't say enough about how good that is.

#30 FOREVER!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users