33 replies to this topic

#1 Beetlebum

Beetlebum

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:20 AM

with 10 points in 14 games big mistake in my opinion that the devils did not reacquire him.

#2 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,837 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:23 AM

with 10 points in 14 games big mistake in my opinion that the devils did not reacquire him.

Nope. He more than proved his uselessness to us the last 3 years. He was downright lazy some nights and terrified of contact.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#3 Devs4LordStanley

Devs4LordStanley

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:27 AM

he is useless 4 us! we need speed & besides, he had 9pts in 49gp w/the iles. we traded him 4 a reason...

Let's Go Devils!

@NTylerNJD

#4 Risky

Risky

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:57 AM

R u liter8?
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder
of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain.

#5 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,504 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:59 AM

Oh please. He had one point in his first 9 games as a Bruin. He's done next to nothing in the NHL since he signed his deal with the Devils. The guy was actually a healthy scratch for the ISLANDERS. He has 9 points in his last 5 GP. Do you really think that's going to continue?
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#6 Beetlebum

Beetlebum

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:03 AM

You need depth and he would give us that plus another PP option from the point.

I'd rather see YAYO centering him rather than Boulton or Carter.

#7 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:17 AM

I'd rather see YAYO centering him rather than Boulton or Carter.

I wouldn't. You need 1 fighter on the roster to survive in this division. Carter's been pretty good. He can play center, he has some offensive touch, especially for a 4th liner, and he plays on the PK.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#8 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:19 AM

Who cares?

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#9 Beetlebum

Beetlebum

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 10:19 AM

Great Carter can stay on the roster then as a winger and start over Boulton. Playoffs are 7 games away and fighting almost becomes non existent when they start.

#10 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:02 AM

Rolston was good in the 90's.........remember music from the 90's, these bands are now played on classic rock radio stations, my point is, that was a long time ago.
Brian had a bunch of points in that one game the other night when Boston scored like 8 goals.....other than that he's done / washed up/ finished
He's a good guy, but hardly a good player anymore.

#11 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,837 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:20 AM

Great Carter can stay on the roster then as a winger and start over Boulton. Playoffs are 7 games away and fighting almost becomes non existent when they start.

So does Rolston
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#12 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:31 AM

hell no. sure rolston may be putting up points now but in the long run he won't.

#13 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:43 AM

So we're benching Bernier too? And what if we play Philly or the Rags? Rolston adds nothing we don't have. He's a worse, more expensive version of Sykora. Carter and Boulton each have flaws, but they bring something to the table.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#14 Beetlebum

Beetlebum

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 11:55 AM

I'm becoming more a fan of the Red Wings model they don't fight and they succeed. I'd rather roll 4 lines that are competent on both sides of the puck than play a person like Boulton and to lesser degree Carter.

Rolston was good in the 90's.........remember music from the 90's, these bands are now played on classic rock radio stations, my point is, that was a long time ago.
Brian had a bunch of points in that one game the other night when Boston scored like 8 goals.....other than that he's done / washed up/ finished
He's a good guy, but hardly a good player anymore.

He would be playing on the 4th line.

#15 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:10 PM

I'm becoming more a fan of the Red Wings model they don't fight and they succeed. I'd rather roll 4 lines that are competent on both sides of the puck than play a person like Boulton and to lesser degree Carter.

The Red Wings don't have to play in the same division as Philly and the Rags. I have no problem benching Boulton, but he has to be on the roster for these guys to survive in the Atlantic.

Where his age and lack of speed would matter less why? I'd rather have a young, energetic 4th line that could raise some hell, not an old shooter waiting for a pass.

Sumus Legio

sguq.jpg

#16 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:14 PM

Just say nooooooooooo....to winky....He can't help us or hurt us.
And The Rags Have How Many Cups--Can't win many with a Farm team.

#17 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,982 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:15 PM

So does Rolston

zzzzing!

But seriously. Rolston sucks. He'd bring down our 4th line

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#18 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,510 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:16 PM

Just say nooooooooooo....to winky....He can't help us or hurt us.

This. If they want to roll the dice on someone rather than riding Carter, go with Tedenby, whose a good athlete and can draw penalties, or Zharkov who plays great d and is decent at keeping possession.

Edited by mouse, 25 March 2012 - 12:16 PM.

Sumus Legio

sguq.jpg

#19 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,463 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:18 PM

zzzzing!

But seriously. Rolston sucks. He'd bring down our 4th line

Rolston, although terrible has more points than Tedenby, Zalewski, Janssen, Boulton, Carter, Mills, Sestito, Zharkov, and Bernier combined. He would improve and not bring down our 4th line.

Edited by Zubie#8, 25 March 2012 - 12:19 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#20 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,418 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:40 PM

Where he would be doing ****, just like he did **** as a Devil for three years. The only reason he's doing well in Boston is he's on a hot streak while playing with their top line due to injuries.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users