#1 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,916 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:28 PM

http://www.nhl.com/i...pid=nhl-rxl-twt

NHL.com has two mock drafts (one eastern scout, one western scout) based on current standings. Here's who the eastern scout has us picking:

22 NEW JERSEY DEVILS
Stefan Matteau, C, USA U-18 (USHL)
SKINNY: High-energy power winger plays with a nasty edge; no fun to play against, and he can score.

...Yes, it's his son.

Meanwhile, the western scout says:

22 NEW JERSEY DEVILS
Martin Frk, C, Halifax (QMJHL)
SKINNY: Seems like he has been around forever; has good overall skills, hard to not like him here.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#2 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,748 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:37 PM

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=624196&cmpid=nhl-rxl-twt

NHL.com has two mock drafts (one eastern scout, one western scout) based on current standings. Here's who the eastern scout has us picking:

...Yes, it's his son.

Meanwhile, the western scout says:

Lmfao. If we draft Stephane Matteau's son, that would pretty much be irony personified.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#3 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:38 PM

Martin Frk? With the scratch Lou would likely pay him, it'd take a good long while before he could finally afford to buy a vowel. Poor kid.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#4 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,278 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:48 PM

I think I mentioned Stefan Matteau on a previous thread a month or 2 ago.

I wish we would take him just to have him score on the Rags in overtime in the playoffs. The arena would collapse under the weight of the huge amount of irony.

#5 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:49 PM

Let's just forfeit this pick....

#6 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:49 PM

well it would neutralize the chants, so worth it, do it lou!

these idiots do know we don't have a pick this year right? :giggle:

Edited by ZeroGravityFat, 26 March 2012 - 02:50 PM.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#7 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,278 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:55 PM

well it would neutralize the chants, so worth it, do it lou!

these idiots do know we don't have a pick this year right? :giggle:

Why did we trade it away or something?

If it is the Kovy penalty, then we don't know for sure since Lou hasn't submitted it as far as I know.

#8 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 02:58 PM

I think I mentioned Stefan Matteau on a previous thread a month or 2 ago.

I wish we would take him just to have him score on the Rags in overtime in the playoffs. The arena would collapse under the weight of the huge amount of irony.

This would be absolutely amazing.

#9 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:10 PM

If it is the Kovy penalty, then we don't know for sure since Lou hasn't submitted it as far as I know.

i thought this year was our last year to give up the first, i don't think we get to postpone again.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#10 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,893 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:12 PM

He doesn't have to submit it until after the season and can do so anytime up until 2014. Hopefully though, we end up having the last pick in the first round. Still, I would exercise the option if we draft anywhere beyond 20. Nathan McKinnon, who's supposed to be a beast, is draft eligible next year. Would hate to potentially miss out on that if we're awful next year.

Edited by Daniel, 26 March 2012 - 03:13 PM.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#11 BCdevil

BCdevil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:16 PM

i thought this year was our last year to give up the first, i don't think we get to postpone again.

The Devils were given a four year window (2011-2014).

Edited by BCdevil, 26 March 2012 - 03:16 PM.

Posted Image

#12 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:17 PM

Unless the Devils win the Cup, it makes not much sense for Lou to forfeit the draft pick this season, especially from his perspective.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#13 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:21 PM

Can Lou decide to forfeit his pick AT the draft? Is there any sort of deadline that he needs to decide by before the draft?
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#14 Ollie McKraut

Ollie McKraut

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:21 PM

I'd buy a Frk jersey
Send us back to hell,
we've had out fill of heaven,
give us back our sins,
deadly one through seven

#15 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,893 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:22 PM

Can Lou decide to forfeit his pick AT the draft? Is there any sort of deadline that he needs to decide by before the draft?

I think he has to decide before the draft but after the end of the post-season.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#16 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,916 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:24 PM

After the Stanley Cup final. I can't find anything more specific, but I could swear I remember reading that it was within 48 hours of the conclusion of the SCF. So realistically, they've got up until two-ish weeks before the draft.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#17 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,278 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

He doesn't have to submit it until after the season and can do so anytime up until 2014. Hopefully though, we end up having the last pick in the first round. Still, I would exercise the option if we draft anywhere beyond 20. Nathan McKinnon, who's supposed to be a beast, is draft eligible next year. Would hate to potentially miss out on that if we're awful next year.

True and I have heard that this draft year is pretty weak outside the top 4 or so picks. If that is true even if we possibly get a little above 20 I wouldn't mind Lou forfeiting this year's pick.

#18 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:36 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if we forfeited it this year. Depending on our eventual playoff position.

#19 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,726 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:45 PM

Martin Frk? With the scratch Lou would likely pay him, it'd take a good long while before he could finally afford to buy a vowel. Poor kid.

Nice DIG...good one.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#20 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,863 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:51 PM

Lou likes this kind of irony... he does it with numbers frequently

I wouldn't be surprised....
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users