43 replies to this topic

#41 BCdevil

BCdevil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 10:19 AM

It would be 1-14 in the draft lottery? 30 teams, so 14 don't make it. I'd guess 15-22 are the first round losers, inverse from regular season record.

My bad. Fixed. The rest is right, with one caveat: division winners are given worse picks. The only seeds that are based on the playoffs are the 4 conference finalists.

To illustrate: in 2011, re-ordering by each round of the playoffs would have produced (without trades):

23: Nashville
24: Detroit
25: Philadelphia
26: Washington

Instead, it was:

21: Nashville (RS#10)
23: Pittsburgh (RS#4)
24: Detroit (RS#6, Divison Champ)
25: Philadelphia (RS#3, Division Champ)
26: Washington (RS#2, Division Champ)

Edited by BCdevil, 27 March 2012 - 10:35 AM.

Posted Image

#42 daneyko_booster

daneyko_booster

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:06 PM

Martin Frk? With the scratch Lou would likely pay him, it'd take a good long while before he could finally afford to buy a vowel. Poor kid.

:rofl:

If the Devils picked Matteau, and he pulled off something good in a game against the Rangers, how much fun would it be to chant "Matteau, Matteau, Matteau..." back at them?
Official Keeper of Ken Daneyko's missing teeth, Jeff Friesen's moustache, Shanahan's Pub in the CAA concourse (only place you could buy Guinness). Unofficial Keeper of Wayne Gretzky's perm.

#43 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,057 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:06 PM

If the Devils picked Matteau, and he pulled off something good in a game against the Rangers, how much fun would it be to chant "Matteau, Matteau, Matteau..." back at them?

What if Matteau turned out to be a really good player for us- could you imagine people walking around the Rock with Devils Matteau jerseys? I mean, it would be like the Twilight Zone.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#44 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,917 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:56 PM

I would be all for this, but it would need to be for something big. I fear the majority of our fanbase wouldn't be able to put it off until he scored a major goal and would just start screaming it on draft day. :rolleyes:

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users