24 replies to this topic

#21 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:14 AM

I remember two Olympics ago Curling was the most searched-for thing on Google. People wanted to know wtf it was

well, seeing people on a sheet of ice push this heavy thing with a handle and people run in front of it with brooms....does look a little weird. maybe thats where shuffleboard came from...

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#22 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:49 AM

I love watching curling for the cute curling girls :D.

I need tour around the world to all the curling halls after I watch the last Olympics. Curling is weird in how interesting I find it. Sure not enough to go search for it when its not the Olympics but still.

I bet it will be like alot of years even with 4 channels where you get a few games joined in progress for the 3rd period before the late game comes on

#23 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,832 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:52 AM

My understanding is that the first-round is not guaranteed to be on a national network, so we would see most games on the MSG netowrk

But the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th (Conf. Semis, Conf. Finals, SC Final) rounds will all be exclusive to NBC and/or Versus networks.

#24 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,832 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:55 AM

so, is this just so they can carry it nationally? or will MSG (+) carry the games as well locally?

My understanding is that after the 1st round, the games are exclusive to NBC / Versus.
So no local MSG coverage after the first round

I think the SC Final still has Games 1 & 2 on Versus, then NBC gets the rest.

#25 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 02:00 PM

The song American Woman was created at a curling rink,
from Wiki:
The song's origins took the form of a live jam at a curling rink concert in Kitchener, Ontario

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users