24 replies to this topic

#1 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,702 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:30 AM

lol i gotta say, its hilarious... i like to see reporters asking the REAL questions and this guy is lol

good luck signing Zach in the offseason Toronto like they are all pretending

www.SterioDesign.com

#2 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:35 AM

haha.....he's dedicated he try's he just shouldnt be captain
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#3 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:43 AM

Nah...they are still capable of getting the second overall pick if they lose (or TANK) all of their remaining games.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#4 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,978 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:49 AM

I fvcking hate Toronto, I love seeing them perpetually fail. The great thing was the "Let's go Blue Jays" chant at the game the other night. Lmfao.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#5 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,836 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:01 AM

I fvcking hate Toronto, I love seeing them perpetually fail. The great thing was the "Let's go Blue Jays" chant at the game the other night. Lmfao.

This, this, and some more of this.

Hope they fail for another 10 years. Which is entirely possible with Burke as GM

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#6 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,616 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:04 PM

I sus pect the next question will be, " when did you stop beating your wife?"
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#7 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,037 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:56 PM

I just happened to have on the end of the Isles postgame to see the score, and Stan was asking someone (I want to say Parenteau) about how the Islanders have shown fight at the end of the season, as opposed to teams like Toronto.

Now he just asked the same thing to Okposo, Burkie must really be under Stan's skin :lol:

Edited by NJDevs4978, 31 March 2012 - 02:57 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#8 Parisalchuk

Parisalchuk

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:46 PM

Lmao this was hysterical.

#9 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:25 PM

I didn't find this funny and I didn't find this fair to the players. I mean Phil Kessel answered with humility. If I was him I would have been like, "dude I don't know about these other chumps but I'm 7th in the league in scoring."

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#10 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:41 PM

And the media in Toronto is one of the reasons why they are so bad...If I were one of the players I would of asked the media questions and blast them.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#11 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:47 AM

I thought Phaneuf answered the question well. It seemed like a well articulated response under the gun.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#12 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,243 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:15 AM

And the media in Toronto is one of the reasons why they are so bad...If I were one of the players I would of asked the media questions and blast them.

It must take a lot of restraint for these players not to want to knock one of these reporters senseless at times. They can come off as such smug know-it-alls. I know this is part of the gig that comes with being an NHL player in Toronto, but still...

Look at a complete douchey noodge like Larry Brooks...even though Tortorella can come off as a douche as well, I can see why Tortorella looks at a guy like that and becomes instantly annoyed by his presence.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 01 April 2012 - 09:18 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#13 Devilsrock01

Devilsrock01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 12:38 PM

just put it this way leafs just suck

Posted Image

#14 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:59 PM

Posted Image

815631765.gif

#15 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:17 PM

I think its completely arrogant of us to have a thread saying how much the "Leafs Suck". Didn't we learn last year not to take success for granted?

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#16 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:24 PM

I think its completely arrogant of us to have a thread saying how much the "Leafs Suck". Didn't we learn last year not to take success for granted?

What?? Seriously?

#17 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,037 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

Except the Leafs do suck lol...they've missed the playoffs every year since the lockout, we missed once in fifteen years. This isn't a Rangers suck thread when they're about to win the conference tonight or soon enough :P

Edited by NJDevs4978, 01 April 2012 - 05:42 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#18 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:15 PM

It's not arrogant to say that a team that hasn't made the playoffs since the lockout sucks. That's common sense.

#19 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,243 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:22 PM

It's not arrogant to say that a team that hasn't made the playoffs since the lockout sucks. That's common sense.

Admittedly, Toronto's struggles don't make any impact on me.

But I DO enjoy it when Carolina fails to get in. But they seem to have the Devils' number when they do make it, the fvckers!
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#20 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:19 PM

the ny media should ask these types of questions to the mets and the wilpons after this upcoming season

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users