24 replies to this topic

#21 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:19 AM

Its ok I think to say the leafs suck. But we should be focusing on our team entering the playoffs right now. Not a good time to do it.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#22 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:38 AM

Look at a complete douchey noodge like Larry Brooks...even though Tortorella can come off as a douche as well, I can see why Tortorella looks at a guy like that and becomes instantly annoyed by his presence.

LOL, can you imagine Tortorella coaching Toronto or Montreal? :giggle:

The video was pure gold. The media there is one of the reasons I have a general dislike for Canadian teams, but that was just too funny.

#23 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:50 AM

I didn't find this funny and I didn't find this fair to the players. I mean Phil Kessel answered with humility. If I was him I would have been like, "dude I don't know about these other chumps but I'm 7th in the league in scoring."

Agreed. I'm not close enough to Toronto to hate the Leafs, though i don't give a rat's behind about them regardless. But it can't all be on the players up there, and the media seems to think they are owed something other than effort - and they are not. If they are actually really trying their best and they are losing due to lack of talent, then those players can hold their heads up. If they aren't trying and they're losing despite their talent, then that's another story and they deserve to be called out about it. Again though, I don't really know which is the case up there.

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#24 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:28 PM

This however, IS funny:

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#25 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,412 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:59 PM

But we should be focusing on our team entering the playoffs right now. Not a good time to do it.

We're not coaches or other players.

Its perfectly legitimate to take shots at the Leafs who are supposed to be the premier organization in this sport and have been a joke since MLSE as it is now came into existence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users