25 replies to this topic

#21 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:06 PM

I like how Clarkson worked on his skill set this year. Sure, he had some luck backing him up in the goal department, but he also takes a ton of shots and plants himself around the net... you're bound to get some "lucky" ones when you play that way. He also did a pretty good job of filing down some of the flaws in his game. He's less predictable in the offensive zone (less wrap-arounds/toe drags) and does a better job of staying on his feet along the boards. Though he'll always be a scorer and not a playmaker, he has gotten a bit better at distributing the puck too. Just a great all-around season for him.

There's no reason we shouldn't expect at least 20-25 goals from him next season as well. Wonder what kind of contract he would get if he re-signed here after that?

#22 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:24 PM

He had me fooled thanks Clackson

#23 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,195 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:36 PM

I'm late to this thread but I have to say I love seeing a heart and soul player like Clarkson reach a milestone like this. Very well deserved.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#24 hystyk28

hystyk28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:46 PM

Just some quick points on why he is enjoying a career year:

1. He worked very hard in the offseason with a skating coach that improved his overall stability, but I think more importantly, the coach made him cut off about 2 inches of his stick. His previous stick was a log. These guys can tell a 1/4 of inch withou much problem, so for him to make that radical equipment change is impressive.

2. Skating with Matt D daily could only help, that kid can skate.

3. He is getting a ton of PP time.

4. Peter D definately provides a fire under his @ss to play his best.

5. He has fully healed from his injury. Yes, it was a long time ago, but sometime major injuries still tend to nag or prevent full flexibility while skating.

#25 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:13 PM

Well, the surprise of the year is Clarkson scoring 30 goals. Almost everyone here called him "overpaid" in one way or another when he signed his new contract and believe it or not he has more than lived up to it. He takes care of the enforcing on our team and still found time to almost double his career high in goals and already match his career high in assists. He sits at at 21st in the league in goals, above the likes of Marian Hossa and Patrick Marleau...wait did I really just say that? Posted Image

Clarkson deserves a thread of congrats and notoriety - so: WAY TO GO CLARKY!

EDIT: I thought I'd throw in this from TG's blog: "Clarkson’s 30th goal also turned out to be his team-leading seventh game-winner of the season."

You jinxed him with this thread

#26 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

If I ever get the chance to meet Mr. Clarkson, I'm gonna kiss him as thanks for this season.

Right on the mouth.

Tongue? Maybe. I haven't ruled it out.

Consider yourself warned, Dave.
"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users