Well Done David Clarkson
Posted 01 April 2012 - 03:06 PM
There's no reason we shouldn't expect at least 20-25 goals from him next season as well. Wonder what kind of contract he would get if he re-signed here after that?
Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:36 PM
RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
My New Jersey Devils Prospect Blog
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award
Posted 01 April 2012 - 06:46 PM
1. He worked very hard in the offseason with a skating coach that improved his overall stability, but I think more importantly, the coach made him cut off about 2 inches of his stick. His previous stick was a log. These guys can tell a 1/4 of inch withou much problem, so for him to make that radical equipment change is impressive.
2. Skating with Matt D daily could only help, that kid can skate.
3. He is getting a ton of PP time.
4. Peter D definately provides a fire under his @ss to play his best.
5. He has fully healed from his injury. Yes, it was a long time ago, but sometime major injuries still tend to nag or prevent full flexibility while skating.
Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:13 PM
Well, the surprise of the year is Clarkson scoring 30 goals. Almost everyone here called him "overpaid" in one way or another when he signed his new contract and believe it or not he has more than lived up to it. He takes care of the enforcing on our team and still found time to almost double his career high in goals and already match his career high in assists. He sits at at 21st in the league in goals, above the likes of Marian Hossa and Patrick Marleau...wait did I really just say that?
Clarkson deserves a thread of congrats and notoriety - so: WAY TO GO CLARKY!
EDIT: I thought I'd throw in this from TG's blog: "Clarkson’s 30th goal also turned out to be his team-leading seventh game-winner of the season."
You jinxed him with this thread
Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:34 PM
Right on the mouth.
Tongue? Maybe. I haven't ruled it out.
Consider yourself warned, Dave.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users