#1 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:30 AM

Man up and post now Manta....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#2 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:42 AM

C'mon Manta, come back, seriously. You're still a Devils fan at the end of the day. That's all that matters.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#3 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:01 AM

maybe the sky fell on him...:rolleyes:

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#4 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,280 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:04 AM

You'll see him soon if the Devils make a first round exit

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

Rutgers:  The Birthplace of College Football

First B1G Season: 7-5

#5 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,230 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:13 AM

Just let it go!

#6 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:36 AM

maybe the sky fell on him...:rolleyes:

If ever there was a case to observe your own warning!

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#7 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:37 AM

Kovy has 80 points? What a worthless horrible signing. Amiright?

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#8 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,013 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:43 AM

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#9 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:38 AM

Maybe he's happy and doesn't need to rant.

Don't get me wrong -- YOU ALL can rant about his not posting. But we can also choose to take his silence as continued affirmation things are on the right track.

I think, were I Manta, I'd keep quiet until the team made it past the first round... maybe even second -- in fact I think I'd keep mum until the playoffs were through. I'd be far more joyful eating crow at a Cup celebration than right before a first round ousting.

If you all force him out and the Devils lose -- it's all on you guys! You ruined the juju forcing a guy to admit defeat before he even had been!!

I'm here for the party

#10 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,901 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:51 AM

Maybe he's happy and doesn't need to rant.

Don't get me wrong -- YOU ALL can rant about his not posting. But we can also choose to take his silence as continued affirmation things are on the right track.

I think, were I Manta, I'd keep quiet until the team made it past the first round... maybe even second -- in fact I think I'd keep mum until the playoffs were through. I'd be far more joyful eating crow at a Cup celebration than right before a first round ousting.

If you all force him out and the Devils lose -- it's all on you guys! You ruined the juju forcing a guy to admit defeat before he even had been!!

Except you know he'll come back if we do flame out in the first round and Zach walks as a FA.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#11 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:53 AM

I'm pretty sure manta said we were 5 years away from the postseason

#12 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,100 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:54 AM

Except you know he'll come back if we do flame out in the first round and Zach walks as a FA.

With a vengeance of "I told you so's"
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#13 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:14 AM

That's his prerogative. He put his money on Devils checking out first round at best and Zach leaving the team as a UFA.
True, he also embellished with loads of unsubstantiated negativity and darkest/least productive interpretation not based even remotely upon reality. :noclue:

I think it's the most obvious conclusion - one and done and Zach walking - but for COMPLETELY different reasons, which I feel are far closer to reality than manta's "all because of Kovalchuk" reasoning. AND I can hope for better outcomes - I can see the very real possibility of far better outcomes in fact.

Manta's posts serve to get the collective goat -- and since he's just one guy, very little satisfaction is to be had should he say "I was completely wrong" He never will. Even if he acknowledges his predicted outcome was mistaken it will be due to coincidence, outside failure, or someone's EXTREME moral superiority, instead of careful and balanced planning on the part of the organization.

Edited by Pepperkorn, 02 April 2012 - 10:15 AM.

I'm here for the party

#14 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:17 AM

I'm pretty sure manta said we were 5 years away from the postseason

Yeah, but with manta's style of rubbing the collective nose in it, you have to take his best-case scenario which was "one-and-done."

I'm here for the party

#15 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,958 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:34 AM

In defense of Manta:

PK is right in that, while many of us wondered aloud whether signing Kovy was the right move, Manta did go overboard with the negativity.

Having said that, just like Year 1 of Kovy's contract didn't make the deal a complete disaster, Year 2 doesn't make it an overwhelming success either. We won't know for several years whether or not signing him for 15 years was the right move, and as we're seeing, other factors that have nothing to do with Kovy (such as the franchise's messy finances) could have a much more profound effect on the on-ice product that Kovy ever could, sadly enough.

It would be nice to see Kovy have a solid impact in the playoffs, even if the team doesn't do much as a whole.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#16 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,925 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:34 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VLzJX8CRzM

Three cheers for this clip!

#17 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:35 AM

Manta's a hot topic... you know what's hotter...

What makes Sal smile? :)

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#18 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,727 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:25 AM

:e-drama:

believe-zubrus.jpg

#19 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,086 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:29 AM

In defense of Manta:

PK is right in that, while many of us wondered aloud whether signing Kovy was the right move, Manta did go overboard with the negativity.

Having said that, just like Year 1 of Kovy's contract didn't make the deal a complete disaster, Year 2 doesn't make it an overwhelming success either. We won't know for several years whether or not signing him for 15 years was the right move, and as we're seeing, other factors that have nothing to do with Kovy (such as the franchise's messy finances) could have a much more profound effect on the on-ice product that Kovy ever could, sadly enough.

It would be nice to see Kovy have a solid impact in the playoffs, even if the team doesn't do much as a whole.

I don't think it's a good deal either, but the idea that it would ruin the franchise for years to come was of course, preposterous. The notion that there are players who 'can't win', especially very good players like Kovalchuk, just isn't true.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#20 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,925 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

I don't think it's a good deal either, but the idea that it would ruin the franchise for years to come was of course, preposterous. The notion that there are players who 'can't win', especially very good players like Kovalchuk, just isn't true.

I didn't think he could or would alter his game to fit in with the Devils, but for the most part, he has. I'll happily dine on crow for that one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users