6 replies to this topic

#1 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:13 PM

We moved up 5 spots in the power rankings, plus this, which is positively ecstatic from Burnside.

The Devils appear locked into the sixth seed, in spite of having won three in a row. That's probably not a bad place to be, all things considered.

http://espn.go.com/n...on/2012/week/27

Of course, he never admits he didn't see it coming, but still.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#2 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,903 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:45 PM

On the flip side, NHL.com continues it's anti devil bias. Here is their rookie of the year article:

http://www.nhl.com/i...vid=DL|NHL|home

No mention of henrique at all.

#3 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,092 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:05 PM

Uh, have you seen the "Because it's the Cup" commercials. No Devils fans at all.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#4 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,954 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:05 PM

On the flip side, NHL.com continues it's anti devil bias. Here is their rookie of the year article:

That's because Henrique hit the rookie wall and probably doesn't deserved to be dominated anymore. He has 1 goal in his last 20 games?

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#5 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,469 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:10 PM

That's because Henrique hit the rookie wall and probably doesn't deserved to be dominated anymore. He has 1 goal in his last 20 games?

That doesn't discount everything he did earlier in the season. It's not a what have you done for me the last 20 games award. I find it's much easier to make a case for Henrique over Read than Read over Henrique.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#6 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:43 PM

Wow! That truly is ridiculous. Just pathetic.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#7 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,597 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:25 AM

Uh, have you seen the "Because it's the Cup" commercials. No Devils fans at all.

To be fair if there was better attendance, Devils fans might get better coverage in this sort of things.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users