• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:42 PM

Haters gonna hate. No one will ever be as good as Doc, so get over it. If you think Cangi's bad, do some channel surfing the next time there's a Center Ice free preview and you'll see he's fairly decent compared to some of the so-called "talent" around the league.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#42 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,926 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:01 AM

Haters gonna hate. No one will ever be as good as Doc, so get over it. If you think Cangi's bad, do some channel surfing the next time there's a Center Ice free preview and you'll see he's fairly decent compared to some of the so-called "talent" around the league.

That's the whole problem though, you're right that he isn't the worst because there are a lot worse then him but others being sh!t doesn't excuse him being sh!t as well.

#43 centralnj

centralnj

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:07 AM

That's the whole problem though, you're right that he isn't the worst because there are a lot worse then him but others being sh!t doesn't excuse him being sh!t as well.

Exactly.

#44 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:17 AM

I really still do understand how he is sh!t though. I keep seeing the same criticisms of him and the same could be applied to even Doc.

Yes he uses the same catch phrases over and over again, but so did Doc with Big Drive, Pitchforked, as well as using the phrase "meanwhile, back at the ranch..."

Like Doc though, Cangi never uses dumb, over the top calling like the PBP announcer in Florida or being a complete homer like the Bruins announcer and the Pens announcers.

#45 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:29 AM

How can you hate on Jack Edwards?...

Posted Image

#46 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:56 AM

Do you guys really even pay enough attention to the commentators to care this much? It's just background noise to the game itself.

#47 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,926 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:01 AM

I really still do understand how he is sh!t though. I keep seeing the same criticisms of him and the same could be applied to even Doc.

Yes he uses the same catch phrases over and over again, but so did Doc with Big Drive, Pitchforked, as well as using the phrase "meanwhile, back at the ranch..."

Like Doc though, Cangi never uses dumb, over the top calling like the PBP announcer in Florida or being a complete homer like the Bruins announcer and the Pens announcers.

I don't like his voice or the fact that he looks like an elf with a fake tan.

#48 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:33 AM

Do you even remember what Doc sounded like back in the mid 90's? His voice used to literally hurt my ears and I would put the volume pretty low. I guess either he realized or someone told him to tone it down and by the late 90's early 2000's his voice was def lower and less shrill.

As for looks, um I really do not see why that matters so much lol.

Give Cangi some time, he is getting better every game. Wish I could say that about our radio announcers, but that is another story.

#49 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,926 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

Do you even remember what Doc sounded like back in the mid 90's? His voice used to literally hurt my ears and I would put the volume pretty low. I guess either he realized or someone told him to tone it down and by the late 90's early 2000's his voice was def lower and less shrill.

As for looks, um I really do not see why that matters so much lol.

Give Cangi some time, he is getting better every game. Wish I could say that about our radio announcers, but that is another story.

Yes I do and I still don't like Cangi and I never will. I had to deal with him calling the Red Bulls games before he did the Devils games full time and he was horrible then too.

and as far as looks the dude just bothers me, he screams "I'm fake"

I can see why some people like him and he is way better then most in the league but I still can't stand the guy but that's just my opinion so you can't convince me otherwise :P

and I agree about our radio announcers, I wish they would bring back Matt to take over Debs job, at least the Matt and the Maven segments were so ridiculous you just had to laugh at them.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 04 April 2012 - 10:47 AM.

#50 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:59 AM

Yes I do and I still don't like Cangi and I never will. I had to deal with him calling the Red Bulls games before he did the Devils games full time and he was horrible then too.

and as far as looks the dude just bothers me, he screams "I'm fake"

I can see why some people like him and he is way better then most in the league but I still can't stand the guy but that's just my opinion so you can't convince me otherwise :P

and I agree about our radio announcers, I wish they would bring back Matt to take over Debs job, at least the Matt and the Maven segments were so ridiculous you just had to laugh at them.

lol fair enough.

And yeah Matt just doesn't have the skills to be a radio PBP guy. In my opinion it is even harder to be the radio PBP announcer than on TV and you have to be very descriptive and quick with your announcing on the radio to give the audience a mental picture of the action. He just sounds bored and is always a good 5-10 seconds behind the play. I wish Mike Miller and Randy would do it again, but I know that is wishful thinking.

I do miss the Matt and the Maven segments though. lol those were great.

#51 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:37 AM

Half the state of New Jersey has a fake tan. If anything, it better qualifies him to be the voice of the state's only pro team.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#52 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,926 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:41 AM

Half the state of New Jersey has a fake tan. If anything, it better qualifies him to be the voice of the state's only pro team.

Too funny :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users