Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,982 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:11 AM

https://www.facebook.com/corybooker/app_196506863720166

Live streaming right now.

*Booker not sounding very happy with Vanderbeek.

Dude is so full of sh!t, just like the rest of them. "Newark is a city of hope" What a bunch of political bullsh!t.

These guys signed this agreement and now have to abide by it and somehow it's Jeffs fault. Right.

btw it's not Jeff Vanderbeeks job to clean up the city, THAT'S YOUR JOB BOOKER!

#22 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:13 AM

Cory Booker is ripping Jeff Vanderbeek pretty hard right now. He's calling him a liar. Just called him a "high class huckster and hustler"
Posted Image

#23 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,982 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:13 AM

Booker is really trying to attack Vanderbeek here, good job Booker, try to take all the blame off yourself cause you suck at your job.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 04 April 2012 - 11:13 AM.

#24 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:19 AM

"A Pathetic Penny Pincher"

"Legally Manipulated, and exploited"

"This Bamboozler"

"One of the most despicable owners in pro sports"

"We are going to the NHL"

Just said..
...."Please don't make this out to be a complete Bamboozlement by Jeff Vanderbeek"

Edited by oofrostonoo, 04 April 2012 - 11:25 AM.

Posted Image

#25 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,982 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:26 AM

Did they get Jeffs so called "promises" in a contract? If they didn't then that is their fault. If they really wanted this athletic facility and him to put all this money into job training then they should have put it into a contract.

Booker is such a clown it's not even funny.

#26 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,072 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:29 AM

Typical politician. Suck at your job, blame everyone else. Unless its in writing, it don't mean sh!t. Shut the fvck up Cory.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#27 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:31 AM

i guess our stanley cup parade will have to be held outside of newark
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#28 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,672 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:37 AM

Dude is so full of sh!t, just like the rest of them. "Newark is a city of hope" What a bunch of political bullsh!t.

These guys signed this agreement and now have to abide by it and somehow it's Jeffs fault. Right.

btw it's not Jeff Vanderbeeks job to clean up the city, THAT'S YOUR JOB BOOKER!

Just to be clear, Booker did not sign on to this. However, if we wants to blame someone for this, should be the folks in the previous mayor's office that agreed to it.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#29 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:52 AM

Missed that live feed, is there any video of it?
Posted Image

#30 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,982 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:58 AM

Just to be clear, Booker did not sign on to this. However, if we wants to blame someone for this, should be the folks in the previous mayor's office that agreed to it.

You're right, it was that Sharpe James guy before him no? Either way, none of this crap is Vanderbeeks fault. What has Booker done for the city of Newark since he's been elected? I sure as hell don't see too many improvements in the city that were any of his doing.

#31 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:06 PM

no, newark HOPED to get $7MM in parking revenue after guaranteeing the devils $2.7MM. They haven't gotten $10MM in parking revenue so they're making next to nothing on parking.

No, the arbitrators ruled that the original lease letter is valid. The city will still pull in a lot of coin from parking.

"In 2005, James’ business administrator Richard Monteilh and Vanderbeek signed a 'parking letter' separate from the original lease agreement. The letter guarantees the Devils $2.7 million of an estimated $10 million in parking revenue generated by the arena each year."

"The city will still take much of the parking revenue from around the arena, as well as payroll taxes from players and hotel taxes."

Cory Booker is ripping Jeff Vanderbeek pretty hard right now. He's calling him a liar. Just called him a "high class huckster and hustler"

If this is true then wow, Booker needs to settle down. JVB hasnt done anything wrong. If the City of Newark doesnt know how to omptimize their financial deals then thats their problem.

'South Ward Councilman Ras Baraka said the arbitrators sided with a corporation over Newark residents.'
Give me a break! The court of law says corporations have no rights? Please...

Edited by devlman, 04 April 2012 - 12:09 PM.

#32 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:33 PM

Cory Booker makes Bryant Gumbel look like Malcolm X.
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#33 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:38 PM

It's just unprofessional. In politics and business you understand that a businessman does what he does in negotiations and deals to get the upper hand. It's not personal and everyone does it - manipulating and omission. It's childish to call Vanderbeek out on this. It's like, "dude you're the mayor of Newark - If everyone was just doing what JVB did, you'd be in a lot better shape.

Edited by ben00rs, 04 April 2012 - 12:40 PM.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#34 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:45 PM

He didn't make the original deal, but he attempted to stop the project when he took office and quickly learned that you can't just break a legally binding contract because you don't like what your predecessor agreed to (remember him bitching about the City not being "gifted a luxury box at the Rock after JVB told them to shove it because they never asked or bargained for it in the deal to begin with?). He then tried to "correct" his perceived inequities in the agreement by failing to pay the Devils their owed parking revenue, which led to the Devils withholding rent payments and many people (on this board included) calling them a deadbeat organization. At the end of the day, he can rant and rave all he wants like a little kid whose mom refuses to buy him candy when checking out at the supermarket, but the correct legal decision was made.

People like Booker are the exact reason why I detest all politicians. They will say anything to get more votes and take the popular position in order to ensure their re-election. They are bigger whores than the prostitutes walking the Atlantic City boardwalk right now.
Posted Image

#35 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,072 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:46 PM

It's just unprofessional. In politics and business you understand that a businessman does what he does in negotiations and deals to get the upper hand. It's not personal and everyone does it - manipulating and omission. It's childish to call Vanderbeek out on this. It's like, "dude you're the mayor of Newark - If everyone was just doing what JVB did, you'd be in a lot better shape.

Can these remarks by Booker be interpreted as defamation of character against Vanderbeek, thus resulting in some kind of lawsuit? I'm curious to see how Jeff reacts to these accusations. I mean, what Booker said was really harsh.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#36 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:48 PM

Cory Booker makes Bryant Gumbel look like Malcolm X.

Hilarious...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezP77L5jhCI
Posted Image

#37 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

Can these remarks by Booker be interpreted as defamation of character against Vanderbeek, thus resulting in some kind of lawsuit? I'm curious to see how Jeff reacts to these accusations. I mean, what Booker said was really harsh.

I don't think damage can be proved here.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#38 ILikeItVeryMuch

ILikeItVeryMuch

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:56 PM

Booker is just going through the motions of any failed government leader, placing blame where it doesnt belong.

You lost Cory. What happened to the 100 million from Zuckerberg?

I liked this man up until this.

#39 eaglejelly

eaglejelly

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:01 PM

The Devils and the City of Newark being in a clinch can’t be a good thing

#40 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,427 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:03 PM

He's doing what he had to do. He already knew and never said anything about this beforehand. It runs alot deeper than JVB, it goes to the state and the prior mayor. But he has to present himself to his constituents. Remember, this is the guy that approved the James deal after appointing someone to rip it apart, it's that ironclad. I don't even know why the Newark Housing Authority took it to court.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users