70 replies to this topic

#21 John Wensink

John Wensink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:39 PM

What about Wohlberg. He's a older rookie and a center. Lou's kind of guy.
"I feel privileged to have played on three Stanley Cup teams and finally help the New Jersey Devils get the respect they deserve." Scott Stevens

"I knew in my heart that one day we would turn it around and we'd do something special here," Ken Daneyko

"I hate the Rangers, and Lou hates them to death."- Martin Brodeur, "Beyond the Crease", page 261

#22 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,897 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:50 PM

That's an intriguing idea, but I can't see it.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#23 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,975 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

Missed the game. fvck that is frustrating. Things were coming together nicely.

#24 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,428 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:57 PM

Wohlberg isn't under contract this year. Can't be done.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#25 John Wensink

John Wensink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:01 PM

Too bad, a 4 yr college player was very tempting to me.
"I feel privileged to have played on three Stanley Cup teams and finally help the New Jersey Devils get the respect they deserve." Scott Stevens

"I knew in my heart that one day we would turn it around and we'd do something special here," Ken Daneyko

"I hate the Rangers, and Lou hates them to death."- Martin Brodeur, "Beyond the Crease", page 261

#26 Beetlebum

Beetlebum

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

No chance for Brylin?

#27 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,938 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:57 PM

It had to be Zharkov...right? I mean Lou knows what he'll get from him which is more than anything anyone else will bring if they're called up.

Don't need offense. Just a guy who plays sound defensively, can skate and can cycle.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#28 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 11:43 PM

Kid just cant catch a break. :(

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#29 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,828 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:04 AM

Fuuuuck this sucks.. That poor guy, it has to be so frustrating- because it sure is from a fan's point of view.

I don't know what I would like te lines to be, it pains me to see Henrique on the 4th line but I guess maybethat's what we have to do

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#30 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,182 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:35 AM

I feel absolutely terrible for Josefson. 2 seasons in the league and he's suffered 3 big injuries. Its almost like Josefson's career hasn't had a chance to start. More than production next season, I just want him to stay healthy.

In terms of the line up, it really sucks to lose the decent 4th line they finally had. Obviously I wish Zharkov would get the call up but I know that there is no way in hell that is happening. I don't want Boulton or Janssen playing in the playoffs and the only call up I could see them making that wouldn't be that bad would be Zalewski.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#31 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,895 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:13 AM

Zharkov sucks

JJ needs to drink some milk..he's so damn brittle.

Wohlberg isn't under contract this year. Can't be done.

Thought he just signed a pro deal

#32 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:17 AM

FREE ZHARKOV

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#33 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,468 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:05 AM

Thought he just signed a pro deal

It starts next season, this year he is just on an Amateur Try Out contract.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#34 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,072 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:11 AM

I feel absolutely terrible for Josefson. 2 seasons in the league and he's suffered 3 big injuries. Its almost like Josefson's career hasn't had a chance to start. More than production next season, I just want him to stay healthy.

In terms of the line up, it really sucks to lose the decent 4th line they finally had. Obviously I wish Zharkov would get the call up but I know that there is no way in hell that is happening. I don't want Boulton or Janssen playing in the playoffs and the only call up I could see them making that wouldn't be that bad would be Zalewski.

If I'm the Devils, I almost start planning my future as though Josefson's not going to be a part of it...which obviously sucks, as he's shown some promise, but for whatever the reasons, some guys just seem injury-prone. Not saying he can't contribute, and who knows, maybe after these three freak injuries he'll find his health, but I sure as hell wouldn't count on it.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#35 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:40 AM

If I'm the Devils, I almost start planning my future as though Josefson's not going to be a part of it...which obviously sucks, as he's shown some promise, but for whatever the reasons, some guys just seem injury-prone. Not saying he can't contribute, and who knows, maybe after these three freak injuries he'll find his health, but I sure as hell wouldn't count on it.

It's one thing if you do stupid things like Taylor Hall, but like you say these have been truly freak injuries.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#36 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:53 AM

Unfortunately, I'm feeling the same way. It's a killer too 'cause the kid's got talent.

I almost wanna see him spend a full year in Albany. His skill level isn't below NHL standards, but his ability to handle the physicality of the North American game is very much below NHL standards. Give him a whole year against mostly younger, smaller opponents. Hopefully it'll allow him to actually get a full healthy season under his belt and add some bulk to his frame before rejoining the big club in 2013-14.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#37 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:46 AM

This injury sucks for JJ and the team. However, I wouldn't touch the top 3 lines and don't think they should take Henrique off the 3rd to center the fourth. The fourth line doesn't play enough minutes to justify that kind of move, especially in the playoffs.

I would like to see Zharkov up here, but that probably isn't going to happen. Putting Tedenby on the 4th is pointless because he can't produce without skilled players around him. Unfortunately, I think we will see a little bit of Boulton and alot of Kovy double shifting in the playoffs.
Posted Image

#38 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:54 AM

this makes me mad at josefson kinda. he's our depietro
Devils.

#39 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:34 AM

this makes me mad at josefson kinda. he's our depietro

Except his contract runs out next year, not in 2026, and he gets paid less then $1 million/year to be on the IR, not over $4 million. Nonetheless, this injury hurts our depth for the playoffs, big time.

Edited by Chuck the Duck, 04 April 2012 - 09:35 AM.

Posted Image

#40 hystyk28

hystyk28

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:08 AM

I don't believe you can relegate Henrique to the 4th line.
Also, I wouldn't mind seeing Tao brought up and used on wing or even Corrente for that matter. It provides a serviceable player on the 4th line and gives flexibility in the playoffs for carrying extra D if needed. I think Pete D plans on doubling Zach more anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users