lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:15 AM

Stephen Gionta

Any ideas on how he has been doing?

Edited by lucifer91, 04 April 2012 - 10:25 AM.

Posted Image

#42 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,943 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:25 AM

Wow. Zharkov must really be in the dog house.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#43 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,947 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:31 AM

I'm hardly the kid's biggest fan but this is insane. Maybe he really did do something off the ice to get blackballed like this.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#44 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,317 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:40 AM

Albany are fighting for the playoffs, Devils have their spot locked down. Makes sense, for the time being, to not call up Zharkov and hamper the farm team.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#45 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:46 AM

So anyone thinks that my "JJ = injury prone" argument still doesn't have any legs? It also always seems to come during times when he starts playing really well too...

Shame.

Edited by TheMazz, 04 April 2012 - 10:46 AM.

n2eg.jpg

#46 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,446 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:47 AM

Gionta is technically an emergency recall so nothing ventured there, plus it makes him eligible for the playoffs to play a game.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#47 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,947 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:00 AM

Albany are fighting for the playoffs, Devils have their spot locked down. Makes sense, for the time being, to not call up Zharkov and hamper the farm team.

We called up Albany's captain, that isn't hampering them? :lol:

Edited by NJDevs4978, 04 April 2012 - 11:00 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#48 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,183 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:15 AM

I doubt NJ cares about Albany's playoff run...especially since they would have to win their remaining 6 games and still get help to make it. I really don't know why PDB doesn't want Zharkov up, he'd be perfect for the 4th line role. I guess you can say Zharkov is as good as gone back to Russia next year. I agree with earlier posters about not expecting much from Josefson, he really is starting to seem like he's going to be injury prone.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#49 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,943 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:20 AM

I doubt NJ cares about Albany's playoff run...especially since they would have to win their remaining 6 games and still get help to make it. I really don't know why PDB doesn't want Zharkov up, he'd be perfect for the 4th line role. I guess you can say Zharkov is as good as gone back to Russia next year. I agree with earlier posters about not expecting much from Josefson, he really is starting to seem like he's going to be injury prone.

I think it is too early to say that. Many young players have reputations as injury prone but soon mature, get stronger and train better to help them avoid injuries. I'm not ready to write off Josefson's future with the Devils because of injuries.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#50 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,947 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:40 AM

I think it is too early to say that. Many young players have reputations as injury prone but soon mature, get stronger and train better to help them avoid injuries. I'm not ready to write off Josefson's future with the Devils because of injuries.

Or you can be like Gaborik, always injury prone until he got to the Rangers and magically became an ironman. Actually, they usually have a healthy roster, I'm jealous of their medical team.

But when you get taken out by Pando on something not even that hard, I'm sorry...that's real brittle. That's DiPo territory.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 04 April 2012 - 11:41 AM.

#51 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:30 PM

I don't think so. Lou normally trades players he is upset with.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#52 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 12:32 PM

Man I was hoping this was just a dream.
Still can't believe he's hurt that badly, again.
It's crazy because you don't want to think 1 person will have an affect on a game or the playoffs but this really does put a major damper on things.
The chemistry was starting to flow a bit, we finally had an easy part of our schedule & we nailed it by getting 6 points out of 6 points.
I figured that would have helped moving into the playoffs playing tougher teams but I bet this injury screws with everyones mood.
Anyway, why not bring up Zelewiski (sp?)
Leave the other lines alone. Just please god no Boulton or Jansen in the playoffs.
Respect The New Jersey Devils 30 Year History
Stanley Cups 3 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2002–03)
Conference championships 5 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2011-12)
Division championships 9 (1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10)

#53 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

People are overreacting here. It hurts to lose Josefson but his injury won't destroy us in the playoffs. JJ was playing well but he wasn't putting up tremendous numbers so putting a guy like Zharkov in there, and not CJ/EB, won't be a huge drop off.

parise - zajac - kovalchuk
sykora - elias - zubrus
ponikarovsky - henrique - clarkson
zharkov - carter - bernier

no need to move henrique to the 4th line. keep the top 9 together. the 4th line could be a lot worse.

#54 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,842 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:01 PM

People are overreacting here. It hurts to lose Josefson but his injury won't destroy us in the playoffs. JJ was playing well but he wasn't putting up tremendous numbers so putting a guy like Zharkov in there, and not CJ/EB, won't be a huge drop off.

sykora - elias - zubrus

no need to move henrique to the 4th line. keep the top 9 together. the 4th line could be a lot worse.

I like that lineup a lot better than what I have seen in this thread

Edited by Onddeck, 04 April 2012 - 02:02 PM.

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#55 Beck27

Beck27

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:04 PM

The obvious answer is to dress Corrente at forward...

#56 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:15 PM

wish their was video of the injury....was at the game and didnt know it even happened till after the game

he does seem to be injury prone which is not good going forward this season or the future considering how tedenby seems to be panning out

hopefully things flip next season for both swedes
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#57 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,842 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:18 PM

yea if anyone can find a video of the hit, please put it up :D

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#58 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:27 PM

yea if anyone can find a video of the hit, please put it up :D

thinking deb will show footage during the pregame next game
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#59 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,947 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:57 PM

sykora - elias - zubrus

A) They're not putting Zharkov in there, that's obvious at this point. It's probably going to be Cam-Boulton or other trash like junior Gio.
B) You're not beating good teams with only three lines and running Kovy-Zach out there 25 minutes a night because they have to waste five of those minutes double-shifting with the fourth line.

wish their was video of the injury....was at the game and didnt know it even happened till after the game

It's not pretty...when you see it, you'll be like, he got hurt off of THAT?!

#60 JustinZ

JustinZ

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

They showed a video during the game. It looked like absolutely nothing.

The good news is he seemed to come back from the collarbone injury pretty quickly. He's still young so his bones should heal fast plus it was a non displaced fracture. If he's on the shorter end of that 4-6 week span he could be back by the ECF if we by some chance make it that far.

Although the fact that he's a lefty and it's his left wrist does make it worse.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users