112 replies to this topic

#81 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,113 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:11 PM

Is every French Canadian guy's name "Marc Andre"?

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#82 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:11 PM

14th 30win season for Marty! :) Nice win boys!

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#83 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:12 PM

Gutsy win....

Hoping it's that kinda win to catapult us to a strong playoffs

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#84 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,186 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:18 PM

Steve Cangialosi is a pretty good announcer
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#85 Kovy138

Kovy138

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:07 PM

Steve Cangialosi is a pretty good announcer

he's good and all. i just can't stomach hearing him say "pour some sugar on me"..
LET'S GO DEVILS

#86 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:17 PM

If the Devils beat Ottawa, and the Cancuks lose tonight (which is looking like a pretty good possibility), the Devils will have the longest win streak going in to the playoffs. Probably doesn't mean much, especially since most of the games weren't very important, but still nice.

EDIT: now, Devils just need to beat Ottawa.

Edited by nessus, 05 April 2012 - 10:34 PM.

#87 Beetlebum

Beetlebum

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:36 PM

The more you win the harder it is to lose.

#88 Kovy138

Kovy138

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 10:38 PM

The more you win the harder it is to lose.

best post of the night
LET'S GO DEVILS

#89 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,823 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:18 AM

Patrick Elias with another crucial game winning assist. Can we retire his jersey while he's still playing?
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#90 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:14 AM

ahaha im french canadian and my name is Marc-André

#91 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,761 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 02:47 AM

Made some researches... My driving liscence and pretty much everything else is saying "Sebas"

So id guess id say no to your question

www.SterioDesign.com

#92 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 05:08 AM

Is there 2 players with greater chemistry than Sykora and Elias??? Oh the years that could have been.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#93 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:31 AM

Is there 2 players with greater chemistry than Sykora and Elias??? Oh the years that could have been.

How true, picture perfect

#94 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:45 AM

Hi all!

Uk Devils fans here! We watch every game through nhl game centre. Some of you may already follow us on twitter.

2am here!

Cant wait for the playoffs to start. They will be our first. Hoping to be on here alot more to chat hockey and learn a hell of a lot more

Lets Go Devils

Welcome aboard, my good man! We have refreshments over there, snacks over there, there's a "Pin The Tail On The Donkey" contest in a half-hour, take a free "Welcome To NJDevs!" pamphlet and...a little bit of advice...

Stay away from that Pepperkorn dude. He's nuts.

Glad to have ya!
"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#95 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,868 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:57 AM

Posted Image
"And then coach said, 'Marty, you're sitting this game out.'"

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#96 pumpkin cutter

pumpkin cutter

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:12 AM

@nessus, I think that will be a huge boost of confidence goin into the playoffs. They just beat an amazing team while keeping a streak goin. No better time to get hot. Keep it goin in the playoffs and maybe well see a 2nd round. Either way im very happy with these guys. Marty has looked great for over a month now.

#97 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,222 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:18 AM

Welcome aboard, my good man! We have refreshments over there, snacks over there, there's a "Pin The Tail On The Donkey" contest in a half-hour, take a free "Welcome To NJDevs!" pamphlet and...a little bit of advice...

Stay away from that Pepperkorn dude. He's nuts.

HE?! Ruh roh :lol:

Edited by NJDevs4978, 06 April 2012 - 07:18 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#98 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,387 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:13 AM

Can't second-guess that one when one of the players who came back (Friesen) was so instrumental in helping the Devils win Cup #3.

And if you're going to reminisce about Elias and Sykora in 2000 and 2001, don't forget about 2002. Both players had significant down seasons that year, and the A-line was doing next to nothing on the road. Not saying they couldn't have bounced back in future seasons, but I don't think them getting back to '01 form would've been a slamdunk.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#99 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:31 AM

How true, picture perfect

I was pissed when he was dealt. If we had him all those years it could have helped us for sure...

Can't second-guess that one when one of the players who came back (Friesen) was so instrumental in helping the Devils win Cup #3.

And if you're going to reminisce about Elias and Sykora in 2000 and 2001, don't forget about 2002. Both players had significant down seasons that year, and the A-line was doing next to nothing on the road. Not saying they couldn't have bounced back in future seasons, but I don't think them getting back to '01 form would've been a slamdunk.

This is the only thing that softened the blow and made me accept the deal. I loved the A-Line, and Sykie was always one of my favorites from when he came up with the big club. Friesen was HUGE during the 03 run so the deal was a win for us....

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#100 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,877 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 08:42 AM

And we also got Tverdovsky from that trade too. Yeah he was on his downside of his career and was a liability, but still he was a pretty decent 6/7 defenseman IMO. On this team he might be #4 defenseman.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users