1219 replies to this topic

#361 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,905 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:28 PM

If the devils win their series against the panthers and the pens lose, I cannot wait to see burnsides article on espn crying hysterically

#362 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,131 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

So Hagelin gets 3 games, and Carkner gets 1. Discuss.

Edited by MadDog2020, 15 April 2012 - 10:16 PM.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#363 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:47 AM

Full disclosure: when time ran down in the second period, I thought it was the third because the game had gone on for so long and the score was that high.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#364 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:38 AM

Which team, Canucks or Penguins, will bow out first? Take your pick.

Edited by Devil Fan, 16 April 2012 - 06:39 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#365 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:56 AM

Penguins. Flurry is too big a sieve and Flyers have too much firepower. Kings - Canucks have still been close games and Kings aren't putting the biscuit in at a frightening rate.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#366 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:01 AM

canucks have a backup goalie capable of stopping the kings, pens don't have a chance in hell with either goalie they have. easy pick

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#367 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:09 AM

So Hagelin gets 3 games, and Carkner gets 1. Discuss.

The difference is that Hagelin's play resulted in one of Ottawa's best players potentially having to sit out a few games. (I'm not sure if anything there's any determination of how much time Alfredsson is going to miss.) So it's basically tit for tat. I would imagine there's also a liability issue, since hits to the head might result in a lawsuit, as we're already seeing the NFL.

Otherwise, it's all part of the league conspiracy to get Ottawa into the SC finals.

Edited by Daniel, 16 April 2012 - 10:09 AM.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#368 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,131 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:11 AM

Curious to hear everyone's thoughts on the suspensions yesterday. I think Hagelin getting 3 is hilarious in that it fvcks the Rangers, but I thought it was a little excessive. 1 game probably would've sufficed. Carkner getting 1 game is also hilarious in how it's enraged the Rangers fanbase, but he probably should've gotten 2. Thoughts?

#369 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,131 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:14 AM

The difference is that Hagelin's play resulted in one of Ottawa's best players potentially having to sit out a few games. (I'm not sure if anything there's any determination of how much time Alfredsson is going to miss.) So it's basically tit for tat. I would imagine there's also a liability issue, since hits to the head might result in a lawsuit, as we're already seeing the NFL.

Otherwise, it's all part of the league conspiracy to get Ottawa into the SC finals.

From what I've heard, its a possibility that Alfredsson could play tonight, at least that's what I heard yesterday. He was "feeling better" according to TSN. The thing with Hagelin's hit is I don't think it was with intent to injure. He got a little carried away, he doesn't have a history of being a dirty player. I was surprised he got 3.

#370 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,024 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:25 AM

Curious to hear everyone's thoughts on the suspensions yesterday. I think Hagelin getting 3 is hilarious in that it fvcks the Rangers, but I thought it was a little excessive. 1 game probably would've sufficed. Carkner getting 1 game is also hilarious in how it's enraged the Rangers fanbase, but he probably should've gotten 2. Thoughts?

Boyle is 6'7

Carkner is 6'4

Boyle could have defended himself but he just keeps on proving that he is turtling coward.

#371 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,024 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:27 AM

From what I've heard, its a possibility that Alfredsson could play tonight, at least that's what I heard yesterday. He was "feeling better" according to TSN. The thing with Hagelin's hit is I don't think it was with intent to injure. He got a little carried away, he doesn't have a history of being a dirty player. I was surprised he got 3.

but how many times does it have to be told to these guys, no head shots allowed, it's been talked about so much this year. Keep your elbows down, that's all he had to do.

3 games is fine to me because of the stupidity of these guys who don't listen.

#372 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:29 AM

Which team, Canucks or Penguins, will bow out first? Take your pick.

Article in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette today suggests the Flyers have tired themselves out by constantly raising their arms in celebration of a goal this series. The writer thinks this may work out in the Penguins' favor.

(Okay, for the record, he said this jokingly. Still...ouch.)

Edited by NJCroMag, 16 April 2012 - 10:38 AM.

"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#373 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,131 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:32 AM

Boyle is 6'7

Carkner is 6'4

Boyle could have defended himself but he just keeps on proving that he is turtling coward.

True. Boyle also got his ass kicked by Neil later on. Come to think of it, how can a guy that big be that big of a pansy? :P

#374 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,692 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:39 AM

but how many times does it have to be told to these guys, no head shots allowed, it's been talked about so much this year. Keep your elbows down, that's all he had to do.

3 games is fine to me because of the stupidity of these guys who don't listen.

It also appeared to be an intentional elbow directed at the head. I could see grounds for leniency if he was just trying to finish a check and got his elbow up or it was some sort of spontaneous reaction to Alfredsson making an evasive move (which was kind of the case with Volchenkov's elbow last year).

UPDATE: Apparently Alfredsson stated that he thought the hit was not intentional.

Edited by Daniel, 16 April 2012 - 10:57 AM.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#375 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:59 AM

Perfect suspension for hagelin..... Alfredsson didnt have the puck and Hagelin led with his elbow and forearm HIGH to throw the hit.... The hit took Alfredsson out of the game. Hagelin even apologized for the hit which means he knew he was wrong.
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#376 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:02 AM

I cant believe so many fans defending the Flyers in the Pens Flyers series. Yes the Penguins are playing dirty but it takes 2 to dance. The flyers love this type of hockey and live for it. They crash the net and do things to get under the other teams skin. Laviolette coached the hurricanes to do the same thing. Hartnell is a dirty whiner just like Crosby can be.

If we make it out of the first round and happen to play the flyers I will despise that series. they are going to go after players like Parise all game long. Hopefully we'll know to fight back to.... I guess thats why we have Boulton and Janssen waiting....
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#377 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

It greats to see, at the end of the year everyone was talking about Pittsburgh and Vancouver and how great they were and now they are both down 3-0.

:evil:

#378 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,124 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

Don't forget to join chat tonight, Guys!

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#379 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:37 PM

Rangers have a horseshoe shoved up their a$$. So lucky.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#380 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,275 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:41 PM

Not lucky, the Rangers have been playing playoff hockey all season. Ottawa's like a poor man's version of the Caps, same type of system but not with the same type of talent.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users