1219 replies to this topic

#381 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:45 PM

Anyone else slightly annoyed to see Brian Rolston score that goal?

#382 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:49 PM

Not lucky, the Rangers have been playing playoff hockey all season. Ottawa's like a poor man's version of the Caps, same type of system but not with the same type of talent.

They are completely getting outplayed.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#383 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:55 PM

Not lucky, the Rangers have been playing playoff hockey all season. Ottawa's like a poor man's version of the Caps, same type of system but not with the same type of talent.

Give me a break. Lundqvist saved their asses tonight.

#384 hockey3893498

hockey3893498

Banned Troll

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:55 PM

i dont remember where i read it but months ago there were people claiming the rangers were beneficiaries of a light schedule. im assuming that talk was quieted.

leave it to boyle to score that goal. the biggest pansy north of pittsburgh. ottawa missing alfredsson is huge more then the rangers missing hagelin as the rangers are the deeper team.

if it breaks right (devils lose, caps lose) for them they could have florida in the next round which would pave the way to the conference finals. its all a matter of draws and they'll potentially have two favorable draws in a row and perhaps three if they play the flyers in the conference finals.

Edited by hockey3893498, 16 April 2012 - 09:04 PM.

#385 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,940 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:10 PM

Give me a break. Lundqvist saved their asses tonight.

And? They also won a key game on the road after being jipped of one of their key role players thanks to the NHL's suspension roulette wheel. System teams usually match up well with run-and-gun teams in the playoffs, unless the run-and-gun team has a lot more talent - the way the Caps did when they played the Rangers. Ottawa has talent but not 'that' kind of talent.

Elite goalies can do that sometimes, unfortunately it's been so long since Marty did in the postseason we forgot what that looks like :P
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#386 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,899 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:13 PM

And? They also won a key game on the road after being jipped of one of their key role players thanks to the NHL's suspension roulette wheel. System teams usually match up well with run-and-gun teams in the playoffs, unless the run-and-gun team has a lot more talent - the way the Caps did when they played the Rangers. Ottawa has talent but not 'that' kind of talent.

Elite goalies can do that sometimes, unfortunately it's been so long since Marty did in the postseason we forgot what that looks like :P

The last time Marty stole a game the way Lundqvist stole this one was game 5 in 2009. He was epic in that game.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#387 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,940 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:16 PM

Pretty much...that game and Game 5 against Tampa in 2006 are the only times Marty's really 'stolen' one since 2003.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#388 USAkid90

USAkid90

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:33 PM

Rangers didn't play their best game, but Lundqvist stole this one for them.

I shutter to possibly play them next round, that goalie has our number.

#389 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,940 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:35 PM

I don't give a **** who we play in the second round, so long as we're playing there this year. All I really wanted out of this season is to finally win a series at the Rock and be competitive in the second round. This team really can't do much more than that unless they massively overachieve or Marty turns back the clock.

#390 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,899 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:37 PM

A lot of goalies have our number. :P

I don't give a **** who we play in the second round, so long as we're playing there this year. All I really wanted out of this season is to finally win a series at the Rock and be competitive in the second round. This team really can't do much more than that unless they massively overachieve or Marty turns back the clock.

Yeah, I think we have about equal expectations for this group this season. And from what I've seen in the first 2 games, Marty, while he's been pretty good, hasn't been turning back any clocks.

#391 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,944 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:38 PM

Bruins-Caps got a little feisty in the third period tonight.

A lot of these first-round matchups have been fun to watch, lots of rough stuff going on all over the place. So far, the least physical series out of all of them might be the Devils-Panthers, I guess?

#392 ringtwins

ringtwins

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

You guess? Hell yeah its been cream puff war out there , cmon boys get a little nastier. Please?
You do know that Devil fans are so used to being in the playoffs that people save their money for the later rounds, right? Triumph

#393 justintime2989

justintime2989

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:13 PM

man oh man was game 5 of 2009 gut wrenching and croud was loudest i ever heard after that goal went in from clarkson.

#394 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,944 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

You guess? Hell yeah its been cream puff war out there , cmon boys get a little nastier. Please?

LOL, I agree. But I also haven't seen a much of Wings-Preds or Hawks-Yotes, so I don't know if there's been any rough stuff going on in those series.

#395 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,926 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:31 PM

if it breaks right (devils lose, caps lose) for them they could have florida in the next round which would pave the way to the conference finals. its all a matter of draws and they'll potentially have two favorable draws in a row and perhaps three if they play the flyers in the conference finals.

Rangers can't play Florida next round no matter what happens.

#396 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,899 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:50 PM

Holy sh!t, Colin White has more goals in the playoffs than Zach Parise. :P

#397 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:58 PM

Holy sh!t, Colin White has more goals in the playoffs than Zach Parise. :P

:haha2:

believe-zubrus.jpg

#398 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,771 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:30 AM

Dude your gig has been up for years, it is obvious you are a Rangers fan. Go away.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#399 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:06 PM

Rangers can't play Florida next round no matter what happens.

Good catch. If the Devils and Caps both lose, the Rangers will play Philly/Pitt and the Bruins get the Panthers. The Rangers can only play seeds 4-7 (Pitt, Philly, Devils, Caps) in the 2nd round.
Posted Image

#400 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:15 PM

PARISE!!!!

now shut it down Marty.

no way. Gionta.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users