The Official "2012 Playoffs Excitement" Thread

Colin226

I like christie as a gov. i have no problems with his brash style and in your face politics considering i've lived though some terrible governors in this state who were no talk/no action.

nj has a severe identity problem. theres too many people who wish to identify with ny (and philadelphis) over nj and its not limited to sports. people are going to root for the locals even though its a majority ny teams, but the one nj team left should be and should have always been supported by new jersians since day 1. i supported the nets until they took a piss on nj and spent the last 5-6 seasons here as carpetbagging lame ducks. honestly i dont root for ny teams and i dont consider the jets/giants nj teams so i dont root for them. i feel i am free to choose my allegiances elsewhere.

I like christie as a gov. i have no problems with his brash style and in your face politics considering i've lived though some terrible governors in this state who were no talk/no action.

nj has a severe identity problem. theres too many people who wish to identify with ny (and philadelphis) over nj and its not limited to sports. people are going to root for the locals even though its a majority ny teams, but the one nj team left should be and should have always been supported by new jersians since day 1. i supported the nets until they took a piss on nj and spent the last 5-6 seasons here as carpetbagging lame ducks. honestly i dont root for ny teams and i dont consider the jets/giants nj teams so i dont root for them. i feel i am free to choose my allegiances elsewhere.

Right on with the wanting to identify with NY/Philly point, people are really sad. If you love NY or Philly so much, get the fvck out and go live in NY or Philly. Trust me, you won't be missed, as I'll have to sit in less traffic. And it annoys the sh!t outta me that the governor of NJ is a fvcking Ranger fan. fvck that.

unfvckingreal...

cant believe how LUCKY the Rangers has been ALL YEAR... i havent seen a team getting dominated like them all the time and still winning with sh!tty goals

it's not luck. its goaltending and defense which is why they'll get out of the east. they are rarely out of a game, too. when they are on their game they play 4 men back with a lead, block shots, and most importantly they do not beat themselves. they are so good defensively and in net they can afford getting dominated and win with 1 or 2 goals. to beat them you have to get the lead and force them to play offensively instead of a shell.

Wearing my Jersey proudly today as I walk around South Street in Philly. Been doing it since I moved to Philly from Cape May last year. People give me hell all the time and I just smile. Sad excuse for fans around here. LETS GO DEVILS!

Tell them to fvcking suck it. fvck the Phailures and fvck their mongoloid fans.

ffs Holtby. Three weak goals. Rags trapping up a storm.

That last goal was horrible defense, Richards was able to waltz right in from the boards untouched after whatever Capital was in the area showed no hustle and got beat to a puck he should have easily had control of.

That last goal was horrible defense, Richards was able to waltz right in from the boards untouched after whatever Capital was in the area showed no hustle and got beat to a puck he should have easily had control of.

Agreed, but that's the second goal on the short side today. Not going to win too often when things like that happen.

Making matters worse is the holy trinity bailing out Hank as the Caps have hit three posts so far. Couple that with the bad break on the intent to blow call, this could very well be 5-3 Caps.

it's not luck. its goaltending and defense which is why they'll get out of the east. they are rarely out of a game, too. when they are on their game they play 4 men back with a lead, block shots, and most importantly they do not beat themselves. they are so good defensively and in net they can afford getting dominated and win with 1 or 2 goals. to beat them you have to get the lead and force them to play offensively instead of a shell.

Basically this (plus the fact they have great role players, and Krieder's given them a jolt), people are 'still' underestimating the Rangers although I have to admit it was convenient timing Holtby came crashing down to earth today.

Basically this (plus the fact they have great role players, and Krieder's given them a jolt), people are 'still' underestimating the Rangers although I have to admit it was convenient timing Holtby came crashing down to earth today.

i'm not sure how others feel but i think the NHL should put in it's next CBA a cut off date about signing amateur players and placing them in the NHL playoffs. Maybe something like they have to sign play in X amount of regualr season games to qualify for playoffs or some restriction. to have outside help other then your AHL taxi squad (even if its a draft pick you sign and play like krieder) should be held in a different regard especially in the playoffs.

Edited by hockey3893498

i'm not sure how others feel but i think the NHL should put in it's next CBA a cut off date about signing amateur players and placing them in the NHL playoffs. Maybe something like they have to sign play in X amount of regualr season games to qualify for playoffs or some restriction. to have outside help other then your AHL taxi squad (even if its a draft pick you sign and play like krieder) should be held in a different regard especially in the playoffs.

Well since the college season really didn't end until the start of the playoffs it's hard to say he shouldn't be then allowed to sign with the Rangers after the season's over. I know they have a similar rule about overseas players, but it's a little different with college. If he wants to turn pro right after his college season ends, he should be allowed to.

speaking of drafting and draft picks it just occured to me that lamoriello has not acquired, drafted or signed a top defenseman in over 20 years. sure not drafting in the top 5 hurts, but by top defenseman, i dont mean anton volchenkov, paul martin, colin white and henrik tallinder either. it's too early to tell with larsson. if you want to go with rafalski that was an undrafted overseas player no risk move that happened to pan out. that kind of move you can make with two HOF'ers already.

another scott stevens is not falling into your lap from the stars lou. enough of this defense by committee this summer impact moves need to be made on defense even if it means saying goodbye to parise.

Edited by hockey3893498

Well since the college season really didn't end until the start of the playoffs it's hard to say he shouldn't be then allowed to sign with the Rangers after the season's over. I know they have a similar rule about overseas players, but it's a little different with college. If he wants to turn pro right after his college season ends, he should be allowed to.

thats fine but turn pro in the ahl right out of college. to be able to sign an amateur player right out of college (even if its your own pick) and throw them right into the NHL playoffs like two weeks later...i dont know. seems unfair epsecially if they are the difference in winning games and become contributors. not the first time the nyr have done this either they did it with amonte and weight.

Edited by hockey3893498

speaking of drafting and draft picks it just occured to me that lamoriello has not acquired, drafted or signed a top defenseman in over 20 years. sure not drafting in the top 5 hurts, but by top defenseman, i dont mean anton volchenkov, paul martin, colin white and henrik tallinder either. it's too early to tell with larsson. if you want to go with rafalski that was an undrafted overseas player no risk move that happened to pan out. that kind of move you can make with two HOF'ers already.

another scott stevens is not falling into your lap from the stars lou. enough of this defense by committee this summer impact moves need to be made on defense even if it means saying goodbye to parise.

Yes, I'm a huge proponent of doing whatever the hell it takes to land Ryan Suter. I'm sure we have no chance of that happening though.

Capitals hit five pipes and the Rangers only managed 14 shots that were not high quality. They cannot win like that, although they were badly out shot by the Sens, the number of shots they had in that series were high quality. I expect another 7 game series for these teams.

Edited by Zubie#8

thats fine but turn pro in the ahl right out of college. to be able to sign an amateur player right out of college (even if its your own pick) and throw them right into the NHL playoffs like two weeks later...i dont know. seems unfair epsecially if they are the difference in winning games and become contributors. not the first time the nyr have done this either they did it with amonte and weight.

Teams do the same thing with AHL players too...I don't think Spezza played at all for Ottawa before they threw him in the 2003 playoffs to try and get a spark against us. It's very rare a college kid or an AHL guy without experience can step right in and be a difference-maker in the NHL playoffs, if one does more power to them.

Edited by NJDevs4978

unfvckingreal...

cant believe how LUCKY the Rangers has been ALL YEAR... i havent seen a team getting dominated like them all the time and still winning with sh!tty goals

Neither team really dominated the other today. The difference was Holtby was horrid for the Caps tonight and the Rags took advantage. I hate them, but at this point you can't just call them a lucky team.