1219 replies to this topic

#561 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,298 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:55 PM

And so what? they win the cup? Their first since 94 - it would suck but would some of you slit your wrists?
I just don't get the preoccupation - it must be engrained since birth.

It's a big time rivalry. Part of the fun with sports it's rooting for your enemies to lose as well.

#562 hockey3893498

hockey3893498

Banned Troll

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:58 PM

That's easy for you to say from 3,000 miles away from the closest Ranger fan/media. I hate it when the out of area fans chatise us for hating the Rangers so much. Come back to the area and your perspective on things may change.

this. its a fact of life being a devils fan. only this time there wont be a 1995 after 1994.

#563 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:59 PM

funny, you have no problem calling people out then and you respond with a condescending attitude. maybe all the way out there in la you wont feel the effects of it but you can bet if the nyr win the cup and with the uncertainty following the devils it'll do major damage. you think theres no one in the seats now? watch the nyr win the cup, parise leave and brodeur leave...oh and that pesky bankruptcy situation and ownership.

Parise and Brodeur may be done anyway after tomorrow's game.
I'm not trying to be condescending, its just the folks looking for every gremlin behind a net, board, or puck set by the league to propel NYR further into the spotlight - every NJ conspiracy.
If they are good enough to win - they should win - same as any other team. I don't think they are, and I would HATE to see it, but a lot of their players play with more urgency than what I've seen from some of ours over the past few playoff seasons.

If NJ can't get to RD 2 it will be of their own failure not some other franchise - they had the best matchup, a deep team that was on fire going in - but at some point you have to put it all together.
Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#564 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,341 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:00 PM

perhaps it will be all that much sweeter when ottawa eliminates them at the garden under a serenade of boos
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#565 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:01 PM

That's easy for you to say from 3,000 miles away from the closest Ranger fan/media. I hate it when the out of area fans chatise us for hating the Rangers so much. Come back to the area and your perspective on things may change.

There is a difference between hating your rival - and trying to profess that the league is doing everything to favor them.
I lived in NY for many, many years - during the dead year as well- I haven't forgotten.
Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#566 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,037 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:03 PM

perhaps it will be all that much sweeter when ottawa eliminates them at the garden under a serenade of boos

That would be beautiful. Wonder if they'll drop confetti from the ceiling then.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#567 gata

gata

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:15 PM

It's a big time rivalry. Part of the fun with sports it's rooting for your enemies to lose as well.

I agree... Ask a Yankees fan how they would feel if the Red Sox won the Series.
Realistically we NEVER want our rivals to win . Esp a rivalry that trails generations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y71qCBPPv70

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#568 hockey3893498

hockey3893498

Banned Troll

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:23 PM

There is a difference between hating your rival - and trying to profess that the league is doing everything to favor them.
I lived in NY for many, many years - during the dead year as well- I haven't forgotten.

but this league does favor the rangers and certain markets. maybe not favor but more like obsess over. its up to someones pov if that extends to on ice calls. sometimes it makes you wonder.

ive been here all my life. im in my early 40's and i remember when the islanders were a dynasty and yet treated like bastards because they were not the nyr.

the problem with the devils is they are not ny. same with the islanders to an extent they are ny in name but long island in existance and to the media it might as well be ny state and the sabres. im a jets sth and i can tell you even with the giants winning the sb it wont hurt the jets all that much only in bragging rights. same with the mets/yankees dynamic only the bandwagon is more pronounced there see the 1980's and the 1990's early 2000's. ny sports teams are so vastly followed and supported that one winning will not effect the other to the extent of fan abandonment or what the devils go through media wise. if the nyr had what the devils had from 1995-2003 the devils would be playing in another city.

#569 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:34 PM

hold the phone! 3-2

and there goes lundqvist after the ref like the crybaby he is. of course he won't get a penalty in the same way richter didn't get a penalty for his game 7 tirade in 94

it shouldn't. he waved at the puck with his stick but completely missed. lundqvist put it in himself!

I too thought Lundqvist's stick might've jammed the puck in on that last Sens goal. Not that it matters now. The Rags won anyway.

#570 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,884 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:37 PM

I didn't really expect the Rangers to lose this round anyway. Problem is one of the few teams that could smoke them is out of the playoffs, and they own the Flyers/Bruins/Panthers. They could lose to the Caps, hell they could lose to us if we ever got our heads on straight (as unlikely as it is), but other than that tonight might have been the best chance to get them out of there for a while. Can't really expect Ottawa to win three in the World's Greatest Construction Site.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 23 April 2012 - 09:38 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#571 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,274 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:28 PM

Congratulations to the Phoenix Coyotes for advancing to the 2nd round. We talk about this being a brutal hockey market and that this team needs to move immediately, but guess what...this is their first playoff series win since the team moved from Winnipeg in 1996. Chances are Florida, Anaheim, Tampa Bay, Anaheim San Jose, Nashville, Colorado, New Jersey, Dallas would be on the very thinnest ice or gone if they had never won a playoff series since their team moved there.

Maybe this run helps bring in more season ticket holders, sponsors and a new owner. Every franchise deserves a chance to see if they can be successful. And you only really know if the team has success on the ice.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#572 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,037 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:34 PM

West match-ups are all set: St. Louis-LA and Nashville-Phoenix.

#573 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,604 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:11 AM

Check out the front page of the Panthers website...we have to win this series. :horse:

In the past 24 hours the Panthers, from their President to their coach to their marketing team, have shown no class:

Posted Image

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#574 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,133 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:30 AM

In the past 24 hours the Panthers, from their President to their coach to their marketing team, have shown no class:

Posted Image

Yeah, I wish they could lose the series simply for being bush league...between the rats and the twitter chastising and this I'm not impressed at all.

#575 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,037 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:27 AM

Posted Image

Hopefully someone in the organization caught wind of that and it's tacked up on the 'ol bulletin board.

#576 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:52 AM

This was on a play where Clarkson was behind the net and Weiss was performing and a good ol' evening raping and there was of course NO CALL.

#577 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:02 AM

This was on a play where Clarkson was behind the net and Weiss was performing and a good ol' evening raping and there was of course NO CALL.

Lol, I actually remember that... Couldn't help but scream out "WHAT THE FVCK!!!!!!!!"

#578 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:30 AM

Hopefully someone in the organization caught wind of that and it's tacked up on the 'ol bulletin board.

+1000

#579 NCDevsFan

NCDevsFan

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:37 PM

I can dig it. Hell, if the Devils cant win, the Canes better damn well lose. Sometimes I switch to their games from the Devs games if I know they are losing just so I can watch. I like to watch.
It's the whiskey talking.

#580 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,037 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:25 PM

I can dig it. Hell, if the Devils cant win, the Canes better damn well lose. Sometimes I switch to their games from the Devs games if I know they are losing just so I can watch. I like to watch.

Right on. I hate that fvcking franchise. It must've been brutal being down there in 2009.

Edited by MadDog2020, 25 April 2012 - 06:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users