1219 replies to this topic

#861 USAkid90

USAkid90

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:43 PM

If the rags play us they'll be gassed. The Devils are just too tenacious on the forcheck for them to handle. Throw out the season results, this is a different devils team.

Hope so, but Torts teams always have GREAT conditioning. Them getting majorly tired may not be the case with that team

#862 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,720 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:53 PM

It's not the Rangers' year because they're almost through two rounds...but they aren't lucky either. Coaching, goaltending, defense, and grit they have all of that. But by the same token their subpar offense and layered defensive system keeps other teams in the game too. If they get through four rounds playing like this it'll be one of the great feats in NHL playoff history.

And lol at the Bruins having 'luck' last year, the Bruins were a very good team.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 07 May 2012 - 09:54 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#863 hockey3893498

hockey3893498

Banned Troll

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:56 PM

lol. which banned poster are you? you can tell me. if you're who i think you are, you had me fooled for a bit.

their PP is awful. had ward not taken the penalty, they end the game 0-3 with 0 shots.

stop making excuses and pointing fingers at people because you don't agree with them. you do have a podcast right its linked to your posts so whats the big deal. man some of you just can't reply without the snide act

#864 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:58 PM

Hey remember when it was the Red Wings year in 1995, then again in 1996.

then

<----------------said hi

but by 1997 their window of opportunity had closed

Edited by '7', 07 May 2012 - 09:59 PM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#865 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,928 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:02 PM

stop making excuses and pointing fingers at people because you don't agree with them. you do have a podcast right its linked to your posts so whats the big deal. man some of you just can't reply without the snide act

you were the one who said 'their pp blows right? lol' that's a: snide and b: also true, even though you think it to be false. the rangers' power play was one of the worst in the league in the regular season and that has carried over to the playoffs.

you might not be a banned poster, but when random guys just throw shots at me, i generally think they have a previous history with me.

Edited by Triumph, 07 May 2012 - 10:04 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#866 hockey3893498

hockey3893498

Banned Troll

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:14 PM

you were the one who said 'their pp blows right? lol' that's a: snide and b: also true, even though you think it to be false. the rangers' power play was one of the worst in the league in the regular season and that has carried over to the playoffs.

you might not be a banned poster, but when random guys just throw shots at me, i generally think they have a previous history with me.

You originally said their pp blows a page or so ago and yet they win another important game with it.

so you're saying that anyone who disagrees with you and wisecracks you that causes you to be defensive. Y

#867 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,928 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:22 PM

You originally said their pp blows a page or so ago and yet they win another important game with it.

so you're saying that anyone who disagrees with you and wisecracks you that causes you to be defensive. Y

their PP still blows. it's one of the worst in the NHL. whoever you are, you don't really understand that even bad power plays score lots of power play goals. in the long run, it's a weakness. boston overcame it by being excellent 5 on 5 and getting ridiculous goaltending.

you've revealed that you've clicked on my blog, commented about 'spreadsheets' (don't think i've posted a spreadsheet here in months), and remembered a comment that another poster said about me. might want to back off the obsession a bit, that's all.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#868 hockey3893498

hockey3893498

Banned Troll

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:29 PM

their PP still blows. it's one of the worst in the NHL. whoever you are, you don't really understand that even bad power plays score lots of power play goals. in the long run, it's a weakness. boston overcame it by being excellent 5 on 5 and getting ridiculous goaltending.

you've revealed that you've clicked on my blog, commented about 'spreadsheets' (don't think i've posted a spreadsheet here in months), and remembered a comment that another poster said about me. might want to back off the obsession a bit, that's all.

wait a minute you link a blog to your posts and you dont think people read it. i saw two people refer to you and spreadsheets and statistical data and anyone who reads the blog you linked can see you like that stuff. that is your blog correct. i make one wisecrack at you and my god can you be anymore arrogant and thin skinned with your attitude towards me. i thought this message board we were here to share opinions and observations and not take things so personal.

#869 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,777 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:40 PM

:rofl: :rofl:
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#870 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:12 PM

I missed the game, did MSG really have fireworks, confetti, and streamers flying through the air like they just won the Cup? :lol:
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#871 justintime2989

justintime2989

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:17 PM

unfortunely they did have all of that.

#872 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:42 PM

Possibly the most important day for the Phoenix Coyotes, congratulations to them.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#873 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:43 PM

Oh man Mike Smith came ridiculously close to scoring a goal just now, that would have been awesome.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#874 Devil Fan

Devil Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,459 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:46 PM

Phoenix VS LA. Six teams left...

Posted ImagePosted Image

Chocolate + Devil = My life

#875 justintime2989

justintime2989

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:57 AM

yea i was like omg here is a goal but then missed i was like man why couldnt that been in.

#876 Matteau#32

Matteau#32

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:27 AM

Rangers were 44 for 280 on the PP this season. 15.71%. 23rd out of 30. So towards the bottom of the league. League average was 17.31%, which would have made them 14th out of 30. To have that percentage, it would have been 48.4, we will call it 49 goals on 280 chances. An extra 5 goals over the course of 82 games is really not that big of a deal.

Just as a side the top 13 teams in the league in order were Nashville, San Jose, Edmonton, Vancouver, Pitt, Philly, Florida, Isles, Avs, Leafs, Ottawa, Winnipeg, and Calgary. Well, only 1 of them is still playing and that may end tonight. Furthermore, only 2 got past the first round. If you want to expand on that 14th-22nd are the Devils, Bruins, Sabres, Kings, Caps, Blues, Canes, Ducks, Wings. Only 3 of them are still playing.

So, of the top 15 teams in the league, only 1 will be playing past the 2nd round and a very good chance that all 4 teams in the conference finals will be below the league average. Devils at 14th were just a tad below at 17.23%. BTW, if the Devils power play was as bad as the Rangers, they would have only had 4 less PP goals than they scored. A huge difference maker over the course of 82 games. So, basically one less goal every 20.5 games.

If the PP was as crucial as you claim, shouldn't the final 4 be amongst the best in PP?

Edited by Matteau#32, 08 May 2012 - 07:54 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#877 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,754 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:57 AM

fvckING RAGS GRRRRR! YOU fvckING KIDDING ME!?!?!

fvcking luck. fvcking unbelievable luck

I hate the Rangers as much as anyone...however:

Ward was guilty and did draw blood on the play. 4 minutes was the right call.
Caps had their chances to extend the lead and didn't.
Rangers dominated much of that game.

I hated to see the Rangers win that game too, but I can't say they were lucky.

At any rate, the Rangers were down 3-2 in their last series and pulled it out. Caps could very well do the same...they're not done yet.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#878 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:14 AM

Not to be a jynx or anything, but if the Devils (knock on wood) and the Capitals (crossing my fingers) advance, the Devils would be guaranteed home ice for the remainder of the playoffs.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#879 third man in

third man in

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:14 AM

Mike Smith shooting for the empty net last night and nearly making it...love that guy, what a post season he's having.

#880 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,720 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:30 AM

Not to be a jynx or anything, but if the Devils (knock on wood) and the Capitals (crossing my fingers) advance, the Devils would be guaranteed home ice for the remainder of the playoffs.

This point was already brought up earlier...but it looks a bit less likely now after last night.

If the PP was as crucial as you claim, shouldn't the final 4 be amongst the best in PP?

This playoffs have broken the mold in a 'lot' of different ways.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users