1219 replies to this topic

#961 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,160 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:40 AM

Capitals were great tonight IMO. Torts calling a horrible timeout and his press conference were both priceless.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#962 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:47 AM

Capitals were great tonight IMO. Torts calling a horrible timeout and his press conference were both priceless.

"Torts, thoughts on your presser?"
"- It sucked."

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#963 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,483 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 10:19 AM

"Torts, thoughts on your presser?"
"- It sucked."

As annoying as the press can be, Tortorella comes off like such a sore loser at times, and so frigging arrogant. Wow Torts, you won one damned Cup with a stacked team...I guess that makes you God's gift to coaching, and as such, no one is worthy of catching a glimpse into the mind of the hockey genius that is you. Is it too much to answer a friggin' question without being a complete dick about it once in a while?
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#964 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:00 PM

Gotta love the NY Post...

Posted Image
Posted Image

#965 aLowDrudge

aLowDrudge

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:06 PM

Lol, did that actually make the run of regular circulation?? Or is that a trashed copy of an early edition?

#966 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,899 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:48 PM

that picture is clearly from a rangers home game - that has to be a photoshop, right?

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#967 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:31 PM

Wow, New York, again, in a game 7. You would of thought they had already won this series, beaten the Devils, and were gearing up to take on the western winner by the way Ranger fans are talking. The last couple of days a lot of them have been talking like the Capitals were already beaten. Typical of Ranger fans.

#968 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,160 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 02:59 PM

As annoying as the press can be, Tortorella comes off like such a sore loser at times, and so frigging arrogant. Wow Torts, you won one damned Cup with a stacked team...I guess that makes you God's gift to coaching, and as such, no one is worthy of catching a glimpse into the mind of the hockey genius that is you. Is it too much to answer a friggin' question without being a complete dick about it once in a while?

I couldn't tell if they stopped the presser because the media gave up or because someone else ordered it when he started to get really quarrelsome.

#969 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,667 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:05 PM

Well the headline itself is a question mark so it's not like a Dewey beats Truman moment, the only thing that's really bad about that is the inset, it should read 'Loss in Game 6 would send DC home for the summer'.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#970 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,572 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:12 PM

I think Rangers are done. Thinking about watching them last night, the post game interviews and quotes - I think this team is out of gas. I fully expect the Caps to win game 7, and I have a feeling it could be decisive.

#971 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,667 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:19 PM

I think Rangers are done. Thinking about watching them last night, the post game interviews and quotes - I think this team is out of gas. I fully expect the Caps to win game 7, and I have a feeling it could be decisive.

As much as I've admired their grit all year it wouldn't shock me if you were correct and they got dominated in terms of play (though it would shock me if Lundqvist gave up a handful)...you can only go so long playing every game like it's Game 7. To a degree, the 2003 Devils did that but they also were loaded with vets who were used to playing a hundred games a year and had a couple of relatively easy series to start the playoffs. This is by far the longest most of those players on the Rangers have gone, other than Richards and Gaborik 'once', and they've played all these playoff games after going balls to the wall to overachieve and get the #1 seed.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 10 May 2012 - 03:19 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#972 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,436 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:25 PM

Anything can happen in 1 game. It won't surprise me if the game is still up for grabs with 10 minutes to go.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#973 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,138 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:31 PM

I bet you the team that scores the most goals will win.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#974 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,482 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:48 PM

I bet you the team that scores the most goals will win.

Ludicrous. The team with a better 2nd period shot index from sticks with white tape will win.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#975 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:35 PM

Bryzgalov gets rather candid (translated from Russian so some Russian word connotation may have been lost)

http://sports.yahoo....-210103643.html

Q. How to live under such pressure?
A. "I don't even know. I got very tired this season, to be honest…"
Q. What doesn't kill you make you stronger — is this about you?
A. "Yes. Now I know what it's like to be a goaltender in Philadelphia. Maybe from the outside it looks like there's nothing to it. You only realize it on your own."

Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#976 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,160 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:26 PM

http://sports.yahoo....-210103643.html

Maybe the series against the Penguins drained you emotionally?
"I wouldn't say so. It's just Pittsburgh plays and lets others play. And New Jersey plays but doesn't let others play."

U gotta like that.

Edited by ben00rs, 10 May 2012 - 06:29 PM.

#977 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:47 AM

That's the awesomesauce right therrrrr.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#978 Matteau#32

Matteau#32

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 966 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 07:43 AM

Ludicrous. The team with a better 2nd period shot index from sticks with white tape will win.

are you including blocked shots? I was thinking it will be the team that has the most tape-to-tape (color is immaterial here) passes while on a 5-on-3 advantage will take the game. Oh, and the team that misses the net with more shots will have a huge advantage.

Wow, New York, again, in a game 7. You would of thought they had already won this series, beaten the Devils, and were gearing up to take on the western winner by the way Ranger fans are talking. The last couple of days a lot of them have been talking like the Capitals were already beaten. Typical of Ranger fans.

Not this ranger fan. I am confident they will win, but certainly not looking past the caps. Not as if me looking past them will actually have any impact on the outcome.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#979 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,361 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 08:51 AM

I want 4 ots minimum tonight + debilitating injuries for the victor.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#980 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:09 AM

I want 4 ots minimum tonight + debilitating injuries for the victor.

The game is tomorrow.
-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users