1219 replies to this topic

#1101 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:30 PM

Listen, I think the shades on that guy are so blue that it makes the blue man group look like the beach boys. I just don't like posters telling him he can't post his opinion here.

i apologize to he who shall not be named
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#1102 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:03 AM

Listen, I think the shades on that guy are so blue that it makes the blue man group look like the beach boys. I just don't like posters telling him he can't post his opinion here.

All I'm saying is that the "2012 Playoff Excitement" thread is, at the very least, not for anyone arguing pro-Rangers.. That would go for the fan of any team.....

:koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid: WE WON!! :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid:

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#1103 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,411 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:06 AM

All I'm saying is that the "2012 Playoff Excitement" thread is, at the very least, not for anyone arguing pro-Rangers.. That would go for the fan of any team.....

Fair enough.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#1104 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:20 AM

Listen, I think the shades on that guy are so blue that it makes the blue man group look like the beach boys.

HAHA nice! :lol:

I think he's been alright though. His username and signature don't exactly say, "I come in peace," but I think he is tolerable.

Edited by devilsfan26, 17 May 2012 - 12:21 AM.

"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#1105 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:20 AM

Ny post headline after gm 1: hell yeah
Ny post headline after gm 2: two bad

Come on post we all know you love the rags but how bout some impartiality. The devs are a local team and jersey is a big chunk of your readership. If this was yankees mets ou can bet there wouldn't be these biased headlines.

#1106 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,721 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:56 AM

It's a NEW YORK paper, I'd expect them to look at the series from a NY perspective. If this was the Ledger, that'd be another story.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1107 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,303 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:05 AM

NY Post is obviously rooting for the Rags, but at least they give some props here and there to the Devils.

The NY Daily News is even worse. They literally did not talk about hockey at all until this series started and all of their articles are about how the Rags will tapdance their way past the Devils to the finals.

#1108 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:14 AM

It's a NEW YORK paper, I'd expect them to look at the series from a NY perspective. If this was the Ledger, that'd be another story.

We are a New York Metropolitan team

#1109 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,219 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:26 AM

We are a New York Metropolitan team

but the Devils were born in New Jersey and have never tried to pander to NY (unlike the Giants and Jets) so So NY rejects us, and we reject NY

Plenty of Devils fans live in places where you can't see the new york skyline.

Edited by '7', 17 May 2012 - 11:27 AM.

^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#1110 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,755 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:34 AM

It's a NEW YORK tabloid, I'd expect them to look at the series from a NY perspective. If this was the Ledger, that'd be another story.

Fixed.

They employ both Mark (N)Đ„verson and Larry Brooks. What else needs to be said?
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#1111 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,070 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:00 PM

Fixed.

They employ both Mark (N)Đ„verson and Larry Brooks. What else needs to be said?

One of which is our beat writer! Im not saying they have to root for us but at least try not to completely look bias.

#1112 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:40 PM

It just means hes been trolling longer then anyone else here. He can go fvck off for all I care. I can't stand having Ranger fans on here. It's been a hell of a lot nicer on here without Derek and I wish he would follow in Dereks footsteps.

#1113 Matteau#32

Matteau#32

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:04 PM

Eh, Ranger fans can post during a Ranger-Devil series. I just wish there was one that wasn't such a wanker that posted here, HF has some pretty cool Ranger fans (though a couple of them are avoiding the Devils' board during this series too).

HF boards? Oh please, that site is a bunch of clowns. Between the over-sensitive moderators and half the board being teenagers whining that it is not fair they can't afford to pay secondary market prices and how people selling their tickets just care about money and not the team.

Edited by Matteau#32, 17 May 2012 - 01:07 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#1114 Matteau#32

Matteau#32

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:07 PM

He won't be back until Saturday at the earliest.

I am right here, not going anywhere. The Ottawa series I was miserable after each loss, was a bit more even-keeled for the Washington series, trying to stay the same for this series and the Finals.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1115 Matteau#32

Matteau#32

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:15 PM

It just means hes been trolling longer then anyone else here. He can go fvck off for all I care. I can't stand having Ranger fans on here. It's been a hell of a lot nicer on here without Derek and I wish he would follow in Dereks footsteps.

I will say, I don't get your hatred towards Derek. I always thought he was a putz, but he used to kiss all your fannies back then. I even remember him getting ripped on at least 2 different Rangers boards because of his constant praising of the Devils during our down years. Was accused of being an imposter and a devils fan MANY times.

As far as what you think of me, do you really think I care? You are not even a real person to me. All you are is a name on a message board. I visit these sites for a little entertainment, info, and to kill some time. But, now I know it bothers you so much, I think I might have to start posting here more often.

but the Devils were born in New Jersey and have never tried to pander to NY (unlike the Giants and Jets) so So NY rejects us, and we reject NY

Plenty of Devils fans live in places where you can't see the new york skyline.

so says the person with the jets logo in their signature.

I don't like the posts that go after Matteau like this. Not only has he been around here a whole lot longer than the posters going after him but we are not HF boards and do not chase away a difference in opinion unless it becomes a personal attack.

Thank you, kindly!

When I first popped in, thought it was the thread to discuss all non-devils series.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1116 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:19 PM

Lets go devils!
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#1117 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,249 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:19 PM

I will say, I don't get your hatred towards Derek. I always thought he was a putz, but he used to kiss all your fannies back then. I even remember him getting ripped on at least 2 different Rangers boards because of his constant praising of the Devils during our down years. Was accused of being an imposter and a devils fan MANY times.

As far as what you think of me, do you really think I care? You are not even a real person to me. All you are is a name on a message board. I visit these sites for a little entertainment, info, and to kill some time. But, now I know it bothers you so much, I think I might have to start posting here more often.

so says the person with the jets logo in their signature.

Thank you, kindly!

I got sick of Dereks "breakdowns" They were annoying as fvcking hell.

Personally, I don't give a sh!t what you or any other Ranger fans post or have to say and it's why I scroll past many of your posts, that's my whole point. I know some other people don't mind that other teams fans like to post here and everyone likes to place nice but you're a troll.

http://outsidethegar...-view.asp?fid=4 is a great place for you, plus they all might actually give a sh!t about what you have to post.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 17 May 2012 - 01:20 PM.

#1118 itsfknnikp

itsfknnikp

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:11 PM

How is it possible that I didn't know the rags call their own goalie "Hankey" ?

How is it possible that a Mr. Hankey Lundqvist photoshop/ginormous poster hasn't been created?

#1119 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:32 PM

DAT STARE....

Posted Image

How is it possible that I didn't know the rags call their own goalie "Hankey" ?

How is it possible that a Mr. Hankey Lundqvist photoshop/ginormous poster hasn't been created?

"Mr Hankey, the Christmas Poo he loves me, I love you, therefore vicariously he love you..." :whistling:

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#1120 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,210 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:35 PM

Paterson, NJ born New York Met Andres Torres is getting into it!!

Posted Image

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users