31 replies to this topic

#21 Rangerfans

Rangerfans

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:12 PM

It all starts at the top with Mario. He is the king of the whiners, was his whole career, and now he's passed the torch to Crosbitch and Malkin. Ownership always sets the tone for the culture of an organization imo. Mario, being the whiner he is, has created a culture in Pittsburgh where if the Penguins do it, its fine- if someone else does it- WAAAAAH. Pretty much Mario's career in a nutshell, as great a player as he was.

I pretty much agree with you, noble adversary.

3 knee-on-knees in the past 3 games? I don't believe they were intentional, per se...but 3 can cause a stir in the media circles.

Remember the Islander/Penguins brawl when Mario called the NHL a "disgrace." Not only did he get nothing, but the Islanders were fined 100,000.

Lavi gets fined 10 k for standing on the bench screaming whatever he was at Pitt. Yet, their assistant coach gets a mere 2.5k for doing the exact same thing?

I know that it was my team that got hosed...so obviously, I'm far more bitter about it, but man...this is exactly why I hate the Pens out of everyone in the Atlantic.

#22 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,057 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

I pretty much agree with you, noble adversary.

3 knee-on-knees in the past 3 games? I don't believe they were intentional, per se...but 3 can cause a stir in the media circles.

Remember the Islander/Penguins brawl when Mario called the NHL a "disgrace." Not only did he get nothing, but the Islanders were fined 100,000.

Lavi gets fined 10 k for standing on the bench screaming whatever he was at Pitt. Yet, their assistant coach gets a mere 2.5k for doing the exact same thing?

I know that it was my team that got hosed...so obviously, I'm far more bitter about it, but man...this is exactly why I hate the Pens out of everyone in the Atlantic.

With every decision the league hands down, the more biased towards Pittsburgh they look. It's getting to be a joke now.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#23 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,554 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:55 PM

With every decision the league hands down, the more biased towards Pittsburgh they look. It's getting to be a joke now.

Have we forgotten that following Mario's statement, Matt Cooke got handed his giant suspension?

With all the talk of bounties in the NFL, you can't have coaches saying what Tortorella said. He wasn't asked during the game, he had time to collect his thoughts, and still he runs his mouth.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#24 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,057 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:12 PM

Have we forgotten that following Mario's statement, Matt Cooke got handed his giant suspension?

With all the talk of bounties in the NFL, you can't have coaches saying what Tortorella said. He wasn't asked during the game, he had time to collect his thoughts, and still he runs his mouth.

After that mess, the league had no choice, plus Cooke was a repeat offender with a reputation for being a cheapshot artist. What Tortorella said was the truth, and he shouldn't have been fined 20 cents, never mind $20,000.

#25 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,554 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:27 PM

After that mess, the league had no choice, plus Cooke was a repeat offender with a reputation for being a cheapshot artist. What Tortorella said was the truth, and he shouldn't have been fined 20 cents, never mind $20,000.

The league is not going to let people speak their mind about officiating. None of the 4 major sports allow this. If DeBoer trashed the officials after a bad night and accused them of favoritism, would I be happy? Yeah, I would, but he would also deserve to be fined.

#26 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,057 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:38 PM

The league is not going to let people speak their mind about officiating. None of the 4 major sports allow this. If DeBoer trashed the officials after a bad night and accused them of favoritism, would I be happy? Yeah, I would, but he would also deserve to be fined.

He didn't trash the officiating, he trashed the the Penguins, Crosby, and Malkin. I don't see where a fine is necassary in this case.

#27 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,421 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:47 PM

If he said that about the Devils, what would the fine have been?

No fine... DeBoer would just get a good talking to for letting his player crash into the Rag

I'm here for the party

#28 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,554 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:53 PM

He didn't trash the officiating, he trashed the the Penguins, Crosby, and Malkin. I don't see where a fine is necassary in this case.

I think what got him in trouble is 'I wonder what would happen if we did it to one of their two whining stars over there'.

#29 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,057 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:22 AM

I think what got him in trouble is 'I wonder what would happen if we did it to one of their two whining stars over there'.

Perhaps, but I still think if you're gonna fine him (which I still don't agree with), fine him $2,500 and be done with it. $20,000 is an obsurd amount of money imo.

#30 Cachorro Louco

Cachorro Louco

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:43 AM

Really this just proves that 2012 is really end of the world.

Both Devils fans and Rangers fans agree with the Ranger Coach Said.

Posted Image

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose."

Ayrton Senna da Siva

#31 Prucenterrules

Prucenterrules

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:50 AM

Really this just proves that 2012 is really end of the world.

Both Devils fans and Rangers fans agree with the Ranger Coach Said.

flyer fans are even agreeing with this as well!

LETS GO DEVILS!!!!!!!
Langenbrunner is #1
Devils + The Prudential Center = The Stanley Cup
Martin Brodeur gets win #500 11-17-07
Martin Brodeur gets win #552 3-17-09. I was there.
Posted Image Doc Emrik's "they're josling in the corner", Elias' team record 365th assist, and Devils' 12th Dec 2008 8-5 win over the Rags. Clarkson's "Gordie Howe hat-trick" against the panthers on 2-28-09. The "A" Line. Marty's 100th career shutout. Zubrus's game winner over the Rags (09/22/09).

#32 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,554 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 08:54 AM

Perhaps, but I still think if you're gonna fine him (which I still don't agree with), fine him $2,500 and be done with it. $20,000 is an obsurd amount of money imo.

tortorella has been fined before - he's a repeat offender.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users