Claim by head of Newark Housing Authority that VBK Threatened to Move

Daniel

Kinnard said Friday that he signed the letter at a time when the arena negotiations were at a critical stage and the city had already sunk about $100 million into the project. He said the Devils threatened to move to Kansas City if they didn't receive the concessions spelled out in the letter.

was that threat spelled out in the letter as well? Maybe they read that from espn. How can we believe what Booker says?

Booker on Friday echoed Kinnard's account and didn't back down from his earlier remarks.

Vanderbeek "claimed to be an altruist and that he wanted to help the community, but he went on finding every legal way imaginable to squeeze out of every commitment," Booker said. "This just shows the character of the man, that he's more concerned with squeezing every possible dollar off the table. The rec center is just one chapter."

Vanderbeek for Mayor of Newark Here Here!

Also interesting:

A 2007 letter signed by Vanderbeek and Newark Housing Authority head Keith Kinnard said that Devils Renaissance Development, the team's development arm, "shall not be required to construct a separate, free-standing community center; rather, DRD shall only be required to incorporate and conduct community programs in the `second sheet of ice' that will be constructed as part of the Arena Project."

The Bookerman can't be this clueless or so out of the loop from what's happening.

Where was this proven? Sorry I didn't see it before but read the same thing on the other thread ad wondering how they found this out

no sorry, i made it up, i thought there was enough cynicism in my post to convey that.

i mean get me a quote from Vanderbeek saying that he threatened to move the Devils to KC :noclue:

aaand; he resorts to namecalling, what more proof do you need than that

Edited by lazer

no sorry, i made it up, i thought there was enough cynicism in my post to convey that.

i mean get me a quote from Vanderbeek saying that he threatened to move the Devils to KC :noclue:

Lol I was just wondering about what you said about the post because someone said the same thing on another thread and I thought I missed it.

No worries.

I'm embarrassed by the way that VBK has acted during the last few months. Even if it is a bluff, he is making a mockery of my home team moving.

You're overreacting to the situation.. Is VBK the one coming out trash talking? He's certainly been the mature party this whole time

He made that bluff in 2005.

At today's STH event Jeff said to read the report from the ruling.. He basically said that all of these contracts were legal and an integral part of getting the financing for the arena.. The banks needed to see that guaranteed money in order to feel comfortable investing

Of course Booker is upset about this because he didn't like the arena to begin with and his job is to do what is best for his city.. He would be a ba mayor if he gave in an Jeff would be a bad owner if he didn't try to collect on money he felt he was guaranteed.. The proper legal channels sided with Jeff so that's all that matters

At today's STH event Jeff said to read the report from the ruling.. He basically said that all of these contracts were legal and an integral part of getting the financing for the arena.. The banks needed to see that guaranteed money in order to feel comfortable investing

Of course Booker is upset about this because he didn't like the arena to begin with and his job is to do what is best for his city.. He would be a ba mayor if he gave in an Jeff would be a bad owner if he didn't try to collect on money he felt he was guaranteed.. The proper legal channels sided with Jeff so that's all that matters

Oh def and booker is looking like the fool in this one.

Ok can you share anything else he said? He's been in hiding for quite some time now. I'm curious to see how that went.

Ok can you share anything else he said? He's been in hiding for quite some time now. I'm curious to see how that went.

Pretty much recapped it in my previous post.. He said he will take the high road and not resort to name calling.. Said the report put out by the board that made the ruling explains everything, but that he was simply trying to collect on guarantees that were made to him in writing back in 2005.. Those guarantees, like parking revenue, we're integral in getting financing for the arena from the banks..

I'd assume that now that this is straightened out in terms of guaranteed money, it will help with the current refinancing of the arena as its guaranteed cash.. So that's good news

On Zach, he said resigning Zach is the organization's top 5 priorities for this summer (everyone laughed)..

On the financial situation, he said he plans on remaining the owner for a long time moving forward.. Also said talks have been going well and he is hoping to make a positive announcement soon (which fwiw TG said Jeff's been saying for a while)

Also interesting:

The Bookerman can't be this clueless or so out of the loop from what's happening.

He's not but he's put in a rough position because the Newark Housing Authority is alot like the school board from Lean on Me.

Booker needs to cater to certain people or his political career ends in Newark before it can get started. So now he gets to look really dumb when he has to be enraged about something he knew was factual for years.