154 replies to this topic

#41 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,933 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:22 AM

If I'm the Panthers, I start Clemmensen. He's got insight into the Devils shooting tendencies, he's been very solid recently, he has something to prove against his former team and he's done well against N.J. since he left. I think it's pretty much a no-brainer. But I hope I'm wrong.

Just cause I was bored,

only Parise, Elias, Zajac, Zubrus, Clarkson, Salvador and Greene are still on the team since Clemmensen played his last season in New Jersey in 08-09

Edited by Satans Hockey, 08 April 2012 - 10:23 AM.

#42 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,963 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:26 AM

Florida fans are tossing the word "payback" around for the 2000 playoffs. :giggle:

That's sad on their part. It was 12 years ago, Marty and Patty are the only guys left. And Madden is on their team now. So payback. Right. :P

Edited by MadDog2020, 08 April 2012 - 10:27 AM.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#43 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:50 AM

Why are we in some kind of crazy world where everyone thinks Scott Clemmensen is an amazing goalie?? He has size and positioning, and that's about it. Other than that one year here, he's been a career back up and AHLer.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#44 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,009 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:52 AM

Clemmensen's better than Damian Rhodes, Kevin Weekes, Robert Esche and Brian Boucher, all of whom have beaten us in the playoffs. He's especially better against the Devils and has a major chip on his shoulder after we didn't play him for years and then threw him out after he finally proved himself for us.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#45 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,933 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:05 AM

Also, it's nice that they are doing a show to unveil the playoff dates but it's really unnecessary, just give us the dates already!

#46 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:07 AM

I know someone did this earlier, but I'll give it a shot.

Arena Conflicts:

Florida - Rammstein concert Friday Apr 20
New Jersey - Nets games Saturday Apr 14, Monday Apr 16, Wednesday Apr 18

My best guess for the schedule (even though we keep hearing a Thursday start):

Wed 4/11 at Fla
Fri 4/13 at Fla
Sun 4/15 at NJ
Tue 4/17 at NJ
Thu 4/19 at Fla
Sat 4/21 at NJ
Tue 4/23 at Fla

If it's a Thursday start, it pushes the whole series back by 2 days due to arena conflicts, and wouldn't end until Thu 4/25 at the latest (unless they schedule back-to-back games late in the series).

#47 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:21 AM

Clemmensen's better than Damian Rhodes, Kevin Weekes, Robert Esche and Brian Boucher, all of whom have beaten us in the playoffs. He's especially better against the Devils and has a major chip on his shoulder after we didn't play him for years and then threw him out after he finally proved himself for us.

The chip of not being played couldn't have been too bad, since he came back to our minor league team AFTER we didn't play him.(And after he couldn't crack the Maple Leafs!) The reason he didn't get played in his first stint with the Devils may have been because he was terrible... 13 games in 05-06 with a 3.35gaa and a .881%, 6 games in 06-07 with a 3.15gaa and a .889% before he went to Toronto.

Then he had one good half season as a Devil, the end of which was less than impressive. He was losing starts to Kevin Weekes by the time Marty came back. And he didn't get 'thrown out'. He left because Lou wasn't going to give him big money to be a back up. His numbers is Florida are nothing special, either.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#48 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,933 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:23 AM

I know someone did this earlier, but I'll give it a shot.

Arena Conflicts:

Florida - Rammstein concert Friday Apr 20
New Jersey - Nets games Saturday Apr 14, Monday Apr 16, Wednesday Apr 18

My best guess for the schedule (even though we keep hearing a Thursday start):

Wed 4/11 at Fla
Fri 4/13 at Fla
Sun 4/15 at NJ
Tue 4/17 at NJ
Thu 4/19 at Fla
Sat 4/21 at NJ
Tue 4/23 at Fla

If it's a Thursday start, it pushes the whole series back by 2 days due to arena conflicts, and wouldn't end until Thu 4/25 at the latest (unless they schedule back-to-back games late in the series).

This makes a lot more sense then starting on Thursday but we will find out in less the 40mins.

#49 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,009 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:26 AM

I'm not saying the Devils were wrong not to play him, I'm saying he probably thinks we stunted his career by making him a four-games a year backup. Remember his 'I don't feel like I'm in the NHL' interview?

I meant him getting thrown out as in being sent back to the minors that season AFTER winning 25 games and being a big part of winning the division. And he's got a .910+ save percentage every year since going to Florida with 20+ starts a year, that's not terrible.

You can dismiss it all you want, he's played spectacular against us in his starts since leaving. I'm not saying we can't beat him, I'm saying we haven't gotten to him yet and that's not insignificant.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 08 April 2012 - 11:29 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#50 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

Just cause I was bored,

only Parise, Elias, Zajac, Zubrus, Clarkson, Salvador and Greene are still on the team since Clemmensen played his last season in New Jersey in 08-09

Thanks for that, I was going to go back and pull that too. I understand Clemmensen has played well against us, and played well in general, but to think he has some insider knowledge or something is a little silly. New personnel and an entirely new system. I wouldn't put any stock into it. Having said that, he has been playing well and will be a good test for our guys.

#51 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,697 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:41 AM

I think they start Theodore, but will give him am extremely short leash. He was their horse this year and it'd be a huge slap in the face if he didn't get game 1

#52 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:44 AM

I'm not saying the Devils were wrong not to play him, I'm saying he probably thinks we stunted his career by making him a four-games a year backup. Remember his 'I don't feel like I'm in the NHL' interview?

I meant him getting thrown out as in being sent back to the minors that season AFTER winning 25 games and being a big part of winning the division. And he's got a .910+ save percentage every year since going to Florida with 20+ starts a year, that's not terrible.

You can dismiss it all you want, he's played spectacular against us in his starts since leaving. I'm not saying we can't beat him, I'm saying we haven't gotten to him yet and that's not insignificant.

In fairness, he was an emergency call up. They HAD to send him down once Marty came off the IR.

I don't think he's terrible. He's a decent goalie. But he's also beatable. I think Theodore would be just as much a challenge as Clemmensen would be. The Devils forwards need to get over this 'making average goalies look amazing' thing. I'd love for them to do it this round.

#53 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:45 AM

Well Panthers fans are beside themselves with joy down in Florida just lining up for their tickers.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#54 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,486 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:47 AM

He was recalled via emergency recall to avoid waivers when he would be sent back down. He owes his entire career in the NHL to Brodeur's injury and being with the Devils; he'd probably have a day job if not for that.

Florida are the biggest shot overcounters in the league, so his save percentage is probably closer to .906 had he stayed in New Jersey. Not too impressive.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#55 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:58 AM

If the Devils advance out of the 1st round the season is considered to be a success. Whether it be in 4 or 7.

#56 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,009 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:01 PM

In fairness, he was an emergency call up. They HAD to send him down once Marty came off the IR.

Yes they had to send him down immediately, but they didn't have to keep him down through the rest of the season and the playoffs. Especially with how little confidence Sutter actually had in Weekes.

#57 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:03 PM

its here its here!!!!

SERIES C TIME (ET) #3 VS. #6 NETWORKS
FRIDAY, APRIL 13, 2012 7 P.M. NEW JERSEY AT FLORIDA NHL NETWORK, TSN
SUNDAY, APRIL 15, 2012 7:30 P.M. NEW JERSEY AT FLORIDA NBC SPORTS NETWORK, TSN
TUESDAY, APRIL 17, 2012 7 P.M. FLORIDA AT NEW JERSEY NHL NETWORK, TSN
THURSDAY, APRIL 19, 2012 7 P.M. FLORIDA AT NEW JERSEY NHL NETWORK, TSN
*SATURDAY, APRIL 21, 2012 6:30 P.M. NEW JERSEY AT FLORIDA NHL NETWORK, TSN
*TUESDAY, APRIL 24, 2012 TBD FLORIDA AT NEW JERSEY TBD
*THURSDAY, APRIL 26, 2012 TBD NEW JERSEY AT FLORIDA TBD

My link
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#58 CMONPETEYD

CMONPETEYD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,574 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:04 PM

Yah - friday start - weird!

We get totally boned with no weekend games. fvck the NHL
My name changes every summer
Posted Image

#59 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:05 PM

Friday it is! I actually like the idea of it starting on a Friday.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#60 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 12:08 PM

Yah - friday start - weird!

We get totally boned with no weekend games. fvck the NHL

the second games on a sunday night, still counts as a weekend game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users