Posted Image

#122 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:31 PM

Lot of fans down there don't like Jersey Fans huh?

http://www.litterbox...devils#comments

I've worn my Elias jersey to every game I've gone to in the past two seasons (one Caps game, one Devils game, one Flyers game, and most recently an Islanders game) and I've never received any flak except the game where we played them. Had a kind woman scream at me to go back to Jersey. Probably going to expect more of the same. It's interesting, for a team that's been mediocre for so long, they talk a lotta sh!t now that they have, "won their division." (which I take about as much stock in that as I did when my 7-9 Seattle Seahawks won their division, Lol)

I think, overall, there is not much animosity between the fanbases and in general it's respectful... but it is April, and it is the 1st round... we're going to talk sh!t about them and they will talk sh!t about us. Just the nature of the beast.

Having said all of that, I echo Maddog's statements. Fvck em'! And I hope they really hate us after this coming weekend!

Edited by DevilsFanSteve30, 09 April 2012 - 03:32 PM.

#123 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:40 PM

The Devils will win in 4. These guys are gonna pushovers. Their entire offense is basically their Power Play. The Devils have the best PK in the league and are near the bottom in minor penalties. If the Devils don't win in 4 or 5, they are in big trouble going forward.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#124 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

I'll stop saying duty to refer to my sh!t work now lol....

Ever since I came to live here I've been waiting for the stupid Panthers to get in the playoffs against the Devils. Finally the time has come.

What section did you get tickets for?

Lol duty, work, military, civilian - what's the difference, we're all just Devils fans making paychecks to pay for tickets right? Posted Image

Game 1, I will be in Section 415, row 8 with two other people.

Game 2, still haven't purchased tickets. About to look on StubHub... still debating if I should up the ante and pay closer to or a little above $100 each so we can sit in the lower bowl. I'm only going with one other person to that game.

#125 RSwizzle

RSwizzle

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:23 PM

a panthers fan on their boards:

Though we matched up well against jersey in the regular season, they have some guys who are big-time players on offense. Guys like Clarkson will play a key role especially. Elias has been there, Sykora as well, Kovalchuk is a terrific player, Parise is also a big time guy. Marty's the biggest factor for them though IMO.

With the way their team is put together, it wouldn't be a shock to me if they were able to go to the east final. They'd be my "underdog" pick out of the east if I had a gun to my head and had to choose.

That said, I think we have some guys who will be very amped up and motivated to do what they can under the lights of playoff hockey. We need our goalie to be hot and we have to make sure we take advantage when we can.

The trio of Goc, Kopecky, and Bergenheim IMO can have a big impact on how we perform. All 3 are experienced and especially Goc and Bergie have a tendency to show up when we need them. Hopefully the first line goes out and scores some goals, but if Goc or Bergie are on the ice and we need an OT or late goal in a 0-0 or 1-1 type of game, they would be the guys I'd pick to get them.

I am a little worried that when it's a tight checking game, Versteeg is going to be smothered. I'd love for him to prove me wrong and fight through it, as he can be fiery and gritty, but I also think that if you hit him hard and consistently, you can take him out of the play easily. If they're physical against us and really take the body on Weiss, Flash, and Steeg, I don't see that line scoring much. The physicality is the biggest difference between the regular season and the playoffs, so how we respond to that will really dictate how far we go. Even guys like Matthias will have a big role, since he's the type of guy who is strong enough to go out there and play well off the cycle and grind it out. We're going to have to do a lot of that to win.

I think we have a shot, no doubt, but I'm perfectly content being the underdogs going into this series and having the talking heads pick Jersey. It's decided on the ice, not in the TV studios.

#126 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:26 PM

Well, secured tickets to Game 2, section 115 lower bowl side view. Row 10. Side where the Devils shoot twice.

Don't let me down Devils!

Friday is too far away, damn.

#127 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,325 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

its sounds ridiculously simplistic but i really think it comes down to the following rule throughout the playoffs:

marty has to have a GAA right around 2.

that's it.

if marty keeps his GAA what it's been since the ASG (2.05) and the devils score to their avg - 2.6, they'll be in pretty good shape.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#128 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:50 PM

My prediction is Kovalchuk having a hell of a series....

and i think the Devils will sweep florida in 4

#129 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,085 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:49 PM

All we need is for Marty to keep the softies to a minimum in this series.

#130 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,176 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:46 PM

All we need is for Marty to keep the softies to a minimum in this series.

This is the Stanley Cup Playoffs where goaltending is usually the difference. Bad goals will deflate your team. Brodeur has to eliminate all softies.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#131 mort4345

mort4345

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:19 PM

For me, the key to the series is going to be how well the Devils D performs. If they can hold down the fort, and the Clemmer doesn't stand on his head, the Devils should win this series fairly easily. But if the D isn't able to contain that top line and Clemmer is really on his game, then it could be a long, painful series. Overall, though, I'm pretty hopeful.

#132 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,322 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:12 AM

I'm getting pissed off reading predictions. I just don't see this being a close series. The only way it goes more than 5 is if the team doesn't show up to play.

Edit: Okay, finally found one that didn't piss me off.

Edited by David Puddy, 10 April 2012 - 12:19 AM.

Posted Image

#133 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:19 AM

I think we can win this series easily, but it's the playoffs. Anything can happen, and, weak as their division is, the Panthers belong here. I'm taking nothing for granted, and would be happy with a series win, be it 4 games or 7.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#134 devlman

devlman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:38 AM

5 impact rookies to watch for in the playoffs:

http://espn.go.com/n...okies-an-impact

Is Henrique part of it? Of course not, silly.

#135 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,757 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:00 AM

Of course not, he only finished 2nd in rookie scoring, why would they include him?
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#136 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,290 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:07 AM

Honestly I really do not care if they recognize Henrique or not. Hell I will go on to say that I hope he doesn't win the Calder as looking over the last 20 years of winners it looks like it is sorta a kiss of death for some players.

As long as he keeps playing well I am happy.

Edited by DevsMan84, 10 April 2012 - 11:08 AM.

#137 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:12 AM

Personally, I don't care who wins Pens/Flyers, just as long as they beat up on each other so the winner doesn't escape unharmed. If the Pens were to win the series as CBS thinks, I don't think it'll be 4-1, more likely 4-2 or 4-3. Unless the Flyers just submit, it's gonna be a close series.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#138 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:13 AM

I'm getting pissed off reading predictions. I just don't see this being a close series. The only way it goes more than 5 is if the team doesn't show up to play.

Edit: Okay, finally found one that didn't piss me off.

The problem is this team overall lacks a killer instinct so I could see this going more than 5.

Edited by Marv4Life, 10 April 2012 - 11:13 AM.

#139 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,708 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:18 AM

Well in fairness a couple of those guys (Voynov, Shaw) did get thrust into prominent roles due to trade and injury. And Henrique's own role and production has decreased recently. But yeah, he has gotten overlooked by the national media. Especially considering the national media can't wait to pimp Matt Read all over the place. I could be wrong but I honestly don't remember him being a big factor against us once this year.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 10 April 2012 - 11:20 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#140 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,121 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:15 PM

Personally, I don't care who wins Pens/Flyers, just as long as they beat up on each other so the winner doesn't escape unharmed. If the Pens were to win the series as CBS thinks, I don't think it'll be 4-1, more likely 4-2 or 4-3. Unless the Flyers just submit, it's gonna be a close series.

could not have said it better :cheers:

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users