104 replies to this topic

#21 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,033 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:05 PM

Trying to get to both three and four. Maybe six if it goes that far. Hopeful the prices are not too bad. Would've gotten Pay as we Play but I'll be on vacation mid may.

#22 zachattack9

zachattack9

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:26 PM

Trying to get to both three and four. Maybe six if it goes that far. Hopeful the prices are not too bad. Would've gotten Pay as we Play but I'll be on vacation mid may.

You can opt out of Pay as we Play after the 2nd round. Most likely the 2nd round would be over by mid May.

#23 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:42 PM

Picked up 4 for game 3. 1 going to a Panthers fan unfortunately.
Posted Image

#24 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:20 PM

Picked up 4 for game 3. 1 going to a Panthers fan unfortunately.

No need to apologize for that.. Pretty much any other Eastern team and we'd hate you but I can't see them having more than 30 fans in our building of 17,600 lol

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#25 trailblazer

trailblazer

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:20 PM

I am not trying to be pompous so I apologize for that.

I am serious though, I have a feeling the discounts are coming. I hope you are correct about the excitement and the eagerness waiting for our first home game but the Devils have done this for playoff games before, against a more marquee opponent.

I may sound pompous with the claim that if one playoff ticket to a round 1 game is the difference between paying bills on time, problems are larger than just ticket expenses.

I hope we can recreate that Game 2 crowd from 2010, we looked like Calgary that evening.

i agree, if it comes down to paying bills or devils tickets, then those people clearly don't go.
I'd like to think that even the state of the economy, that is the exception and not the rule with most people.
Especially when tickets can be had for around $60.

#26 ILikeItVeryMuch

ILikeItVeryMuch

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:22 PM

I would not be shocked to see a few Cats fans here and there. NJ and Florida can be interchangeable at times. NJ transplants in Florida and Florida ties in NJ.

I expect a ton of Devils fans to be at the Bank Atlantic Center, one of the many away venues Devils fans show up in droves to.

#27 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,033 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:42 PM

You can opt out of Pay as we Play after the 2nd round. Most likely the 2nd round would be over by mid May.

I think I'll be able to find cheaper tickets in the first round.

#28 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,445 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:27 AM

I think I'll be able to find cheaper tickets in the first round.

That's fine if you're only planning to go to the first round, but if you want to go to the second round and we get there, bear in mind we'll almost certainly be playing a division opponent (NYR, PHI, PIT) unless the roof falls in - i.e. Rangers and Boston 'both' lose their series. Whatever you save on the secondary market in the first round, you'll lose on the second and then some.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#29 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,033 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:50 AM

That's fine if you're only planning to go to the first round, but if you want to go to the second round and we get there, bear in mind we'll almost certainly be playing a division opponent (NYR, PHI, PIT) unless the roof falls in - i.e. Rangers and Boston 'both' lose their series. Whatever you save on the secondary market in the first round, you'll lose on the second and then some.

I agree, but I already noted I'll be on vacation for the middle of the second round, unfortunately.

#30 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,445 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:55 AM

I agree, but I already noted I'll be on vacation for the middle of the second round, unfortunately.

Yeah I didn't see that the first time. You said mid-May though...the first couple of home games in the second round would be before then, since we're the among the last series to end I doubt there'll be many days off before the second round.

Admittedly I am getting a little tired of seeing all the ticket talk on both message boards when the first home game is still more than a week away, and we're going to sell out or come very close to it against a supposedly death box office draw with much higher playoff prices than even in recent years :P Imagine these games at the CAA, before the current regime's marketing push?

Edited by NJDevs4978, 10 April 2012 - 06:57 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#31 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,124 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:33 AM

Maybe not worry about selling out, but worry about trying to be the loudest and proudest fans out there, while giving the team home ice advantage.

This is where those Devils Army chants should be heard across the building on TV. Or we could be like those annoying fan bases where we loudly boo the refs when any player on our own team falls down (when clearly there is no penalty) and chant "a$$hole" and "you suck" so loudly that ten seconds later there is a penalty called. That's what happens in Carolina and other places and boy does it work.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#32 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:37 AM

Maybe not worry about selling out, but worry about trying to be the loudest and proudest fans out there, while giving the team home ice advantage.

This is where those Devils Army chants should be heard across the building on TV.

It would also help if MSG's audio wasn't so pathetic. I mean check out the CBC and MSG+'s feeds from Saturday; there's a noticeable difference in crowd noise:

#33 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:59 AM

It would also help if MSG's audio wasn't so pathetic. I mean check out the CBC and MSG+'s feeds from Saturday; there's a noticeable difference in crowd noise:

Wow, your right, i never noticed that before but it is very noticeable.
Posted Image

#34 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,990 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

http://www.youtube.c...Rvdar__QKcwY%3D

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Wow, nice job coming up with that comparison. I wonder if there's someone to contact who might be willing to make the proper adjustment.

#35 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,901 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:23 PM

off the top of my head, i can think of three seasons that the devils didn't sellout their playoff opener. 1995, 2000 and 2003.

#36 ILikeItVeryMuch

ILikeItVeryMuch

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:58 AM

The fans can fill this building when it counts, hopefully the first game of the playoffs counts for enough people.

#37 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,967 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:43 AM

Wow good catch. CBC's audio just sounds so much cleaner.

#38 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:09 AM

Wow good catch. CBC's audio just sounds so much cleaner.

Seriously. The CBC audio gives the feeling of being there live. The sound quality is excellent. Unfortunately, MSG+ lowers the crowd background volume to focus in on the annoucers. Maybe they do this because our broadcast team basically annouces from an open booth in the lower bowl. I wish they would change it as the CBC broadcast sounds more natural.
Posted Image

#39 CMONPETEYD

CMONPETEYD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,574 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:26 PM

1800 tickets remain for game 3 on stub hub. LOL
My name changes every summer
Posted Image

#40 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:52 PM

1800 tickets remain for game 3 on stub hub. LOL

About the same amount for the Ranger game tonight.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users