#41 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,938 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:57 PM

1800 tickets remain for game 3 on stub hub. LOL

Who are these idiot scalpers who think they can make money on 1st round Devils playoff matchups against Florida? What's the logic there? How much money is going to be lost? It was pretty clear that the Devils would take on a Southeast team for almost a month now.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#42 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

I have no idea if that is good or not considering we are almost a week before the puck drops, but it seems like a lot. I know that ticket brokers buy up large blocks of playoff strips for the Devils (I know a guy that is a ticket broker), and I'm sure that they jumped on the chance this season considering (a) we are favored to get out of round 1, and (b) our second round opponent will almost certainly be the Rangers, Flyers, or Pens (all teams that travel well and have fans that will pay a sh!tload on the secondary market). They are willing to take the loss on the first round games for the potential of the large payday in the second round. And the pay as we play option makes it even easier for them because they don't have to shell out any money upfront.

At the end of the day, the Devils don't care who they sell the tickets to, as long as the tickets get sold. However, if we have 1,800 empty seats next Tuesday I will be disappointed.
Posted Image

#43 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:22 PM

About the same amount for the Ranger game tonight.

Remove the 1. It's 825 last I checked.

#44 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:28 PM

About the same amount for the Ranger game tonight.

Ranger game is basically sold out on the primary market with only $290-$1800 tickets available on ticketmaster.

We have 1800 tickets left on stubhub AND 1400 plus left on ticketmaster, and who knows how many tickets the box office is holding and not releasing on ticketmaster.

Its just sad :saddevil:

Edited by Zubie#8, 12 April 2012 - 01:36 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#45 ILikeItVeryMuch

ILikeItVeryMuch

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:39 PM

5 days left.

If that was today then I would be alarmed.

#46 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,546 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:41 PM

Remove the 1. It's 825 last I checked.

I checked earlier in the day and the number was above 1000. I guess a lot of people took the tix off once it got close enough to game time. Hopefully it's the same for us and it becomes a big crowd.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#47 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,942 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:46 PM

The number will change once electronic becomes the only way to sell tickets there.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#48 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:46 PM

More importantly those tickets are all SOLD! :)

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#49 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:52 PM

Ranger game is basically sold out on the primary market with only $290-$1800 tickets available on ticketmaster.

We have 1800 tickets left on stubhub AND 1400 plus left on ticketmaster, and who knows how many tickets the box office is holding and not releasing on ticketmaster.

Its just sad :saddevil:

The only number the Devils care about is the 1400 seats left on the primary market (ticketmaster) that they haven't sold yet. Once those go, they will declare it a sellout even if 1/2 the seats are empty during the actual game.
Posted Image

#50 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,944 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:02 PM

If it makes anyone feel better, a quick scan right now on Ticketmaster for tonight's Game 1 in Florida shows tickets are still available in approximately 77 of the 90 total sections.

http://www.ticketmas...04&minorcatid=9

#51 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:05 PM

If it makes anyone feel better, a quick scan right now on Ticketmaster for tonight's Game 1 in Florida shows tickets are still available in approximately 77 of the 90 total sections.

http://www.ticketmas...04&minorcatid=9

I was looking at ticketmaster for game for and there was quite a few seats that were single seats (you can zoom in to see the individual seats that are available).
Posted Image

#52 trailblazer

trailblazer

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

spoke to my ticket rep.
still a lot of tickets for game 3 left.
not sure what the offer is but they emailed/left automated messages on peoples phones.

With the higher tickets prices, Devils made what they wanted to for the game already, now just sending out deals to fill the building.

call Devils and ask for the deal if you don't have tix yet

Everyone buy up!

#53 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,944 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:29 PM

If it makes anyone feel better, the game did not sell out in Florida last night, the first playoff game not to do so.

However, at 19,119, it was 99.3 percent full. So it came close.

Edited by 95Crash, 14 April 2012 - 05:31 PM.

#54 NJ4life

NJ4life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:12 PM

If it makes anyone feel better, the game did not sell out in Florida last night, the first playoff game not to do so.

However, at 19,119, it was 99.3 percent full. So it came close.

I was at game 1, it wasn't even close to sold out. The upper tier behind the nets was completely empty on both sides. There were also completely empty rows in lower bowl where devils shot twice. the Panthers had full rows of seats they were selling on stubhub which never sold and they falsely counted as sold. It was pathetic for a playoff game after waiting 12 years. I hope our building is full!

#55 NJ4life

NJ4life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:27 AM

Anyone have any real update on if the devils think games 3 & 4 will be sold out?

#56 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,326 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

Anyone have any real update on if the devils think games 3 & 4 will be sold out?

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0200487CF0EC9B7D?artistid=805982&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=9

Zoom in and see for yourself, doesn't look good. :(

believe-zubrus.jpg

#57 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,806 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:35 PM

I hope that fans, especially those that devote their time on this forum (the diehards, I'd like to think), that can't somehow justify buying tickets to this game, can look in a mirror a few years down the road if this team faces relocation and admit to themselves that they were part of the problem.

I've hesitated to comment on this thread, because I know I'll ruffle feathers saying stuff like this, but people who call themselves fans need to be able to step up and financially support this team.

Obviously, paying rent, supporting your family, etc. takes priority over supporting a sports team. That goes without saying. However, and I think I speak for most of us on this forum and in New Jersey in general, I don't think going to a game, using the correct methods, is absurdly expensive or out of reach.

I just checked stubhub right now, and there are around 700 tickets available for under $100. Less than $100/ticket is not unreasonable to see a professional sports team in a playoff game. Not wanting to pay that for a Wednesday night regular season game against a non-divisional rival, I understand. But this is the playoffs people.

I know I'm going to get flamed by the usual people, but man.. you can't have your cake and eat it to. People can't complain about this team potentially relocating and going bankrupt (can't wait for July 1st when the banks can come after the Devils, by the way) if they're unwilling to financially support them now.

And, just for the record, I'm a broke unemployed college student, but I still forked over the dough for two tickets for game 3 and 4. I began planning in March to be able to do so.

Alright, so I've said my bit. Now I'll just..sit back, and prepare for the incoming sh!t storm I've likely created. :tomato:

Edited by Devilsfan118, 15 April 2012 - 12:37 PM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#58 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,905 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:46 PM

I hope that fans, especially those that devote their time on this forum (the diehards, I'd like to think), that can't somehow justify buying tickets to this game, can look in a mirror a few years down the road if this team faces relocation and admit to themselves that they were part of the problem.

I've hesitated to comment on this thread, because I know I'll ruffle feathers saying stuff like this, but people who call themselves fans need to be able to step up and financially support this team.

Obviously, paying rent, supporting your family, etc. takes priority over supporting a sports team. That goes without saying. However, and I think I speak for most of us on this forum and in New Jersey in general, I don't think going to a game, using the correct methods, is absurdly expensive or out of reach.

I just checked stubhub right now, and there are around 700 tickets available for under $100. Less than $100/ticket is not unreasonable to see a professional sports team in a playoff game. Not wanting to pay that for a Wednesday night regular season game against a non-divisional rival, I understand. But this is the playoffs people.

I know I'm going to get flamed by the usual people, but man.. you can't have your cake and eat it to. People can't complain about this team potentially relocating and going bankrupt (can't wait for July 1st when the banks can come after the Devils, by the way) if they're unwilling to financially support them now.

And, just for the record, I'm a broke unemployed college student, but I still forked over the dough for two tickets for game 3 and 4. I began planning in March to be able to do so.

Alright, so I've said my bit. Now I'll just..sit back, and prepare for the incoming sh!t storm I've likely created. :tomato:

Bought my tickets, like I do every year. And the Devils will not at any point in the near or distant future face relocation, so we can we knock it off with this sh!t already?
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#59 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,942 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

Not to mention selling 1000-2000 more tickets to one or two playoff games isn't going to be the difference between this team going under or not. VBK has bigger problems than trying to sell a few hundred playoff tickets.

And if StubHub (already sold seats) has tickets available well below face and if those aren't selling you know they aren't selling the remaining 'unsold' seats at face.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#60 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,688 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:55 PM

Very true and at least you have acknowledged those who cannot make it due to other financial priorities.

I know I bitch and moan about the prices but I did managed to snag a couple of tickets to game three the other day on stubhub in the middle tier for $39 a ticket. I really can't complain too much about that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users