Photo

Why don't Devils get more national attention?

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#21 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,910 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:52 PM

:lol:

New Jersey: The "Fvck you!" State

Damn straight. No place I'd rather be, no place I'd rather be from.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#22 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:14 PM

When I go out of state, I proudly tell people I'm from New Jersey. And if they give me a look, I tell them to go fvck themselves, because I'm from New Jersey.

Absolutely. Usually, the most annyoing comment I'll get is from a Texan asking me to say something because of my "acccent."
Posted Image

#23 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,910 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:20 PM

Absolutely. Usually, the most annyoing comment I'll get is from a Texan asking me to say something because of my "acccent."

That's cool, I'd tell them about how we whacked Dallas in the Cup Finals in 2000. :P
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#24 ScoreMoreThan3

ScoreMoreThan3

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:42 PM

When I go out of state, I proudly tell people I'm from New Jersey. And if they give me a look, I tell them to go fvck themselves, because I'm from New Jersey.

That's right. We will own you! :cheers:
Respect The New Jersey Devils 30 Year History
Stanley Cups 3 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2002–03)
Conference championships 5 (1994–95, 1999–00, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2011-12)
Division championships 9 (1996–97, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2002–03, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2008–09, 2009–10)

#25 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

I'm cool with the NHL channel honestly. I get it in HD down by Cherry Hill and I DON'T get MSG. So this works out great for me :)

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#26 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:04 PM

Tell you what--win the first round and the Devils will get the national attention they deserve.

#27 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:09 PM

People hate NJ.
It's as simple as that.
To those of you that are from New Jersey, have you ever gone somewhere and actually said you were from NJ?
People look at you like you're a piece of crap and compare you to the show Jersey Shore. We're known as the 'worst place' in America.
It's not a coincidence our football team isn't called the New Jersey Giants.

I'm proud of the state I was born and raised in, E Rutherford for 38 yrs I moved to Florida 7 yrs ago and will be moving back next year. Jersey Strong, fvck the rest.
LGD

#28 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,979 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:12 PM

Who the fvck cares, to be honest? I like flying under the radar. That's what this franchise is all about.

New Jersey: Where the weak are killed and eaten.

#29 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:14 PM

Tell you what--win the first round and the Devils will get the national attention they deserve.

Yup. We'll be facing the Rags or the winner of Pens/Flyers most likely, so we will definitely get some attention then.

The coverage is something to complain about, but I do understand that this isn't a favorable matchup to a national audience.

#30 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,807 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:17 PM

That should be the post of the day.

I do *exactly* the same
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#31 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,555 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:21 PM

We have crappy attendance. The rest of the country doesn't have much of an interest in us even when on the national spotlight, as evidenced by ratings. We're crowded out by the Rangers and to a lesser extent Flyers.

Seriously, if you were the league, would you feature a series between the Devils and Panthers?

But really, does it matter at all? Devils playoff games could be on Travel Channel Plus. So long as we're holding the Cup at the end of the year that's all that matters.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#32 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:55 PM

Rds (french brodcast)present every game from devils panthers series

#33 newarkcupparade

newarkcupparade

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:07 PM

Why would anyone expect other people to care whether or not NJ is in a series in the first place? Do we care who Phoenix is playing??? And PS: I never encounter probles with telling people I'm from NJ. They always seem interested. They're blown away when I tell them about the wine country and ski resorts and the fantastic beaches. Maybe because I'm older.

No, it's not because you're older. I'm only 26 and I usually testify to the beauty of NJ in the beginning of any conversation I have with someone who is not familiar. Believe me, it can be a little daunting to break the stereotype and I actually may be counterproductive by doing so. Because, honestly, I don't want any more people moving here!

#34 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,169 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:12 PM

I proudly wear Devils gear and say I'm from NJ when I travel.. In Europe this summer I had several people recognize the Devils logo on my hat.. One dude in Iceland had a Brodeur card he said he keeps in his wallet

I'd have to believe we are big in Sweden with so many Swedes old and young
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#35 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,683 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

well to be specific they do get national attention but in Canada lol... all their games will be on TSN

www.SterioDesign.com

#36 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:05 PM

All in all I'm hoping the Devils go far, but I think it would be hilarious to see the NHL try and market a Nashville/Florida SCF.

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#37 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

Don't know if any of you guys are in / were previously in the military... but it seems whenever you meet somebody new in this career the second person out of someone's mouth after learning your name is "where are you from?" Here's an actual conversation I had with a new guy on my ship:

F'n New Guy: "So where are you from?"
Me: "I'm from Jersey... Jersey Shore to be exact."
FNG: "Naw, you don't seem like you're that type."
Me: Posted Image

Have to explain it to people every single time... the locals are NOT like what is seen on TV!! Other than that though, always rocking Devils T's, snapback hats, jerseys around the island... if I'm not in uniform I'm in Devils swag. It's funny the looks you get when you wear a Brodeur jersey to the bars downtown in Key West. Actually had a Wings fan come up to me once and say, "Heyyyyyyyy, Stefan Brodeur!!" ... once again, me: Posted Image

So it's always a constant battle but one I gladly wage. Jersey proud. You can take the man out of Jersey, but you can't take the Jersey out of the man!

#38 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:34 PM

Redman's from Jersey. Nuff Said.

Posted Image

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#39 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:49 PM

Welcome to my life as a New Jerseyan living in North Carolina :lol:

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#40 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:52 PM

Oy, do I get that one. One of my best friends always laughs when I go to Starbucks with her, because I apparently say "caw-fee" and "chaw-colate."

I then proceed to make fun of her for being from fvcking Florida. I'm not talking to her for the next couple of weeks even though she doesn't care about hockey :P

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users