lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:15 PM

he sounds like a panhandler talking to himself

Posted Image

Edited by lazer, 11 April 2012 - 07:18 PM.

Posted Image

#82 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:07 PM

What a bunch of idiots. It shows how uninformed those people of Newark that they interviewed are. Same goes for that lady with the bullhorn. Unbelievable. Can't wait to see if this becomes a routine thing. Occupy Pru Center? Gimmie a fvcking break.

Indeed. Let's go Nets? I'll admit I don't follow the NBA, but don't they play at the Rock, at least for now? How does trying to keep people out of the Nets' arena help the Nets? :dizzy:
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#83 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,281 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:46 PM

This guy just continues to embarrass himself. :blahblah:

http://www.nj.com/ne...oker_expre.html

After the name-calling, Devils officials let it be known Booker’s office requested tickets to Bruce Springsteen’s sold-out concert next month, a request Booker said was denied.

lol

#84 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:36 PM

http://www.nj.com/ne...oker_taken.html

Newark Mayor Cory Booker was taken to a hospital tonight after a fire broke out in his neighborhood and he went inside to rescue one of the occupants, according to city officials.

Booker, who was taken by emergency medical workers to University Hospital in Newark, later told The Star-Ledger he suffered second-degree burns on his hand.

The woman inside the house was taken to Saint Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston with burns to her back and neck and was in stable condition tonight, said Newark Fire Director Fateen Ziyad.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#85 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 11:46 PM

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/04/newark_mayor_cory_booker_taken.html

Good for him, its refreshing to hear these type of stories in the news.

Edit: Imagine it was fake and just a ploy for him to win the peoples vote :o Lol

Edited by Zubie#8, 12 April 2012 - 11:49 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#86 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,985 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:10 AM

So I guess he's going to make budget cuts for the fire department now since they are clearly not needed anymore.

#87 squishyx

squishyx

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,281 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:35 AM

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/04/newark_mayor_cory_booker_taken.html

I know he is trying to throw our team owner under the bus, but I just find it so hard to dislike this guy. He's doing great things for Newark, he chased down a mugger by foot, and now he saves a woman from a fire after a day at work. He's like a superhero :P

#88 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,676 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:38 AM

Good for him, its refreshing to hear these type of stories in the news.

Edit: Imagine it was fake and just a ploy for him to win the peoples vote :o Lol

Apparently JVB was at the scene too, but was busy twirling his mustache, adjusting his monocle and stealing money from orphans when the building was burning.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#89 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:42 AM

Hero gets bashed by NJ Devils owner in press today. Bad timing Jeff! He needs a better PR rep. Just kidding, I know he couldnt have predicted the events of the night after his presser. I was reading the article and the Devils have an on paper shortfall of a couple hundred grand to the "community training" maybe they should just gift the judgement award and call it all even?

http://www.nj.com/ne..._booker_br.html

#90 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,258 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:54 AM

Hero gets bashed by NJ Devils owner in press today. Bad timing Jeff! He needs a better PR rep. Just kidding, I know he couldnt have predicted the events of the night after his presser. I was reading the article and the Devils have an on paper shortfall of a couple hundred grand to the "community training" maybe they should just gift the judgement award and call it all even?

i don't think JVB is in any position to gift anything - that's part of this, I'm sure.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#91 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,997 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:56 AM

I know he is trying to throw our team owner under the bus, but I just find it so hard to dislike this guy. He's doing great things for Newark, he chased down a mugger by foot, and now he saves a woman from a fire after a day at work. He's like a superhero :P

how convenient...reminds me of that story of putin going scuba diving while the cameras were rolling, and magically finding some greek vases underwater!
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#92 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:12 AM

That "Booker-rushing-into-a-burning-building-to-save-a-lady" story is all over the Internet.

#93 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:27 AM

Well played Booker.
Posted Image

#94 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:58 AM

I loved booker. His jvb rant was so uncharacteristic.

Edit: Give the man some Springsteen tix

:doh1:

Edited by devlman, 13 April 2012 - 10:44 AM.

#95 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:32 AM

I made a comment to my brother about Booker being nuts and he schooled me on how much Booker has done for veterans and their foundations. I guess I will refrain from further comments on him.

#96 Aznjsn

Aznjsn

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:11 AM

Not only does Cory Booker blow a lot of smoke... he saves people from it!

http://www.cbsnews.c...ent;cbsCarousel
Put food on my family

#97 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,079 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:13 AM

Well, he's getting re-elected now I guess lol.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#98 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:30 AM

Bad timing Jeff. Booker is looking good.

#99 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,676 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:36 AM

Bad timing Jeff. Booker is looking good.

What are you talking about. It's all Marty's fault.

Edited by Daniel, 13 April 2012 - 11:36 AM.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#100 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:38 AM

how convenient...reminds me of that story of putin going scuba diving while the cameras were rolling, and magically finding some greek vases underwater!

:giggle:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users