35 replies to this topic

#21 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,895 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:41 AM

Damned if you do, damned if you don't, I guess. Lots of complaints that every team but us has one, followed by complaints that it's stupid. For a quick 30 second TV spot, I think it's fine. Nothing's going to beat the awesome History Will Be Made ones anyway.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#22 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:22 AM

Damned if you do, damned if you don't, I guess. Lots of complaints that every team but us has one, followed by complaints that it's stupid. For a quick 30 second TV spot, I think it's fine. Nothing's going to beat the awesome History Will Be Made ones anyway.

Yeah I don't get it.. And this video looks great so I have no idea why people are complaining

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#23 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,351 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:27 AM

Yeah I don't get it.. And this video looks great so I have no idea why people are complaining

You have no idea why people are complaining? Well, it starts with the 12-year old doing the voice-over, and continues with the sh!tty spot-writing. "Because Jersey is heating up". I mean that's just lazy.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#24 Demonic26

Demonic26

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

who the f*ck cares about the damn voice over! Jeeze people will find anything to complain about. Finally Devils hockey is back!

#25 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,895 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:59 AM

who the f*ck cares about the damn voice over! Jeeze people will find anything to complain about. Finally Devils hockey is back!

New Jersey fans. You're not gonna please us, but we'll be upset if you don't attempt to.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#26 Demonic26

Demonic26

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:46 PM

New Jersey fans. You're not gonna please us, but we'll be upset if you don't attempt to.

Get a grip... so you only want the commercial for the damn voice over? Who the hell cares who does the voice over, just be happy that the Devils even got a commercial even though it isn't the best or the "voice over guy sucks" and concentrate on the more important things such as our playoff series starting tonight!

#27 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:29 PM

Oh great another one of these. Every once in awhile a poster complains about board complaining and it is so annoying. That's part of what we do on the boards, we find things to talk about, usually Devils related, and voice our opinion on the subject. Why do I care about the "voice over"? Because I truly don't like it and wanted to voice that here. I love the NHL and love to talk about what they do like every other poster here. One thing we follow is the playoff ad campaigns which IMO happens to suck this year. I can't believe I had to explain this.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#28 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,895 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:52 PM

Oh great another one of these. Every once in awhile a poster complains about board complaining and it is so annoying. That's part of what we do on the boards, we find things to talk about, usually Devils related, and voice our opinion on the subject. Why do I care about the "voice over"? Because I truly don't like it and wanted to voice that here. I love the NHL and love to talk about what they do like every other poster here. One thing we follow is the playoff ad campaigns which IMO happens to suck this year. I can't believe I had to explain this.

So you can complain about the voice over, but no one can complain about you complaining about the voice over, but if anyone DOES you can then complain about them complaining about you complaining about the voice over? Got it. Let's Go Devils.

#29 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 01:58 PM

So you can complain about the voice over, but no one can complain about you complaining about the voice over, but if anyone DOES you can then complain about them complaining about you complaining about the voice over? Got it. Let's Go Devils.

Not what I said at all. Some can like the voice over. I can complain about the voice over. a poster can complain about anyone who states an opinion about the voice over. then that is fair game for me to defend myself and complain about someone who doesn't think it should be debated.

Anybody can debate anything, that's the point of the boards. I was responding to his post that I shouldn't be talking about something with the point that I should that's it.

I didn't say he could or couldn't do anything - those were your words.

Edited by ben00rs, 13 April 2012 - 01:59 PM.

#30 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,895 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:16 PM

Not what I said at all. Some can like the voice over. I can complain about the voice over. a poster can complain about anyone who states an opinion about the voice over. then that is fair game for me to defend myself and complain about someone who doesn't think it should be debated.

Anybody can debate anything, that's the point of the boards. I was responding to his post that I shouldn't be talking about something with the point that I should that's it.

I didn't say he could or couldn't do anything - those were your words.

Jesus man, lighten up. I was clearly making a joke about the complaining about complaining.

#31 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

I love the commercial :noclue:

believe-zubrus.jpg

#32 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

Jesus man, lighten up. I was clearly making a joke about the complaining about complaining.

no prob. but I am "lightened" up. I didn't read your tone the same way you didn't read mine.

#33 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,895 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:32 PM

no prob. but I am "lightened" up. I didn't read your tone the same way you didn't read mine.

Word. Beers? :cheers:

#34 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:35 PM

Word. Beers? :cheers:

Cheers. Posted Image

#35 Demonic26

Demonic26

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:22 PM

Never asked you to explain yourself, nor was I even referring to you. You are allowed to have your opinion, and I agree with you the ad campaign does suck, as well I don't like the commercial either but honestly don't care who does the voice over. Relax all I was saying was stop the whining about the voice over and get excited for some playoff hockey. Sorry if you felt that I was attacking you in some way? :noclue:

#36 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:23 PM

Never asked you to explain yourself, nor was I even referring to you. You are allowed to have your opinion, and I agree with you the ad campaign does suck, as well I don't like the commercial either but honestly don't care who does the voice over. Relax all I was saying was stop the whining about the voice over and get excited for some playoff hockey. Sorry if you felt that I was attacking you in some way? :noclue:

No problem. It's all good, let's get excited.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users