General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:49 PM

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=79448

think its funny who this guy has us mocked to be taking lol

NO THANKS

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#22 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:41 PM

Hockey Prospectus Draft Rankings 51-60
Hockey Prospectus Draft Rankings 61-70
Hockey Prospectus Draft Rankings 71-80
Hockey Prospectus Draft Rankings 81-90
Hockey Prospectus Draft Rankings 91-100

Buzzing The Net: Scout’s take on the top goaltenders of the 2012 draft class

This year it seems quite unlikely that a netminder's name won't be called in the first round. Belleville Bulls' Malcolm Subban, Russian native Andrei Vasilevski, and Swedish native Oscar Dansk have separated themselves as the top talents in the crease of the 2012 draft class. All three youngsters are regarded as possible top-30 draft choices.

Although there isn't a clear-cut consensus, Subban seems to get the most votes as the top puck-stopper of this year's draft class. He was the top-ranked North American goaltender by NHL's Central Scouting Service.

The 6-foot-1, 188-pounder, who is the younger brother of Canadiens star P.K Subban, finished tied for fifth in the Ontario Hockey League in save percentage this year, averaging an impressive .923 average. He also posted 25 wins in 39 games and maintained a 2.50 goals-against average.

The Scouting Report Draft Rankings 1-25
The Scouting Report Draft Rankings 26-50
The Scouting Report Draft Rankings 51-75
The Scouting Report Draft Rankings 76-100

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#23 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:36 PM

Interesting story on a Jackson, NJ kid:

Buzzing the Net: Goaltender Anthony Stolarz’s NHL draft year has been ‘a total 180′

Very few can say for certainty who among the much-ballyhooed goalies in the NHL draft class of 2012 will pan out, but none have had the arc of Anthony Stolarz over the past 10 months. Last summer, the 6-foot-5, 200-pound native of Jackson, N.J., was searching frantically for a place to play goal. The Jersey kid ended up getting it down near the Gulf of Mexico with the North American Hockey League's Corpus Christi IceRays.

"From last summer until now, it's been a complete 180," says Stolarz, who was NHL Central Scouting's fourth-ranked North American goalie in April after being ranked 21st at midseason. "I'm so grateful for it, a lot has changed in a year. I just have to attribute that to hard work."

Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#24 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 01:09 AM

Button's Top 60 - June Edition

As usual his rankings differ from a lot of the others. Some of the things that stood out to me:

1. Grigorenko ranked 20th
2. Murray ranked 13 (Dumba 2, Rielly 3, Reinhart 6, Finn 9, Lindholm 10, Ceci 11, Trouba 12 are the D ranked ahead)

I don't know much about Finn or Lindholm unlike those other D. I'm going to have to consult my Future Considerations Guide and Hockey Prospect Black Book to get some background.

3. He ranks goalies high (Subban 8, Vsilevski 15, Dansk 31)
4. Frk ranked 59

#25 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:39 PM

The discussion in the thread on the Devils keeping their 1st round pick got me to thinking to get a discussion going on the top 3 draft eligible goalies as well as a sleeper for a later round. The two draft guides I use are Future Considerations and Hockey Prospect. I highly recommend them both if you are looking to buy a guide. I'm not going to copy everything from their reports, instead I'll give a summary/paraphrased version.

Malcolm Subban - 12/21/93 (18) Canada, 6'1" 188lbs
Rankings: 1st CSS NA Goaltender, 29th Overall by Future Considerations, 28th Overall by Hockey Prospect

Summary from Future Considerations Draft Guide
: "Unorthodox style, quick feet, moves laterally effortlessly, instincts are strong, sees the puck through heavy traffic well, good rebound control when set, relies on reflexes and athleticism instead of positioning, plays deep in his net, needs to be more aggressive to take away angles, needs to wait out shots more, could use real goaltending coaching."

Summary from Hockey Prospect Draft Black Book: "Played for Belleville Bulls, Exceptional reflexes, slick lateral movement, quick glove hand, athletic, kicks out too many dangerous rebounds, good recovery skills, has had multiple groin issues and is an injury concern."

Andrei Vasilevski - 7/25/94 (17) Russia, 6'3" 204lbs
Rankings: 1st CSS Euro Goaltender, 21st Overall by Future Considerations, 27th Overall by Hockey Prospect

Summary from Future Considerations Draft Guide: "Big, powerful, athletic, plays butterfly, balance and positioning allow him to read play well, quick legs and blocker, glove is a weapon, covers upper portion of the net from knees well, extremely flexible, moves well post to post, goes down early, doesn't close off angles consistently, gives up a lot of rebounds, not good puckhandler, footwork can be clumsy."

Summary from Hockey Prospect Draft Black Book: "Played for UFA 2, Son of Russian league goalie and coach, Very athletic, fantastic reflexes, butterfly is top notch, looks huge in his net - gives shooters very little to shoot at, very good lateral movement, combines quickness, size, strength, and flexibility"

Oscar Dansk - 2/28/94 (18) Sweden, 6'2" 186lbs
Rankings: 2nd CSS Euro Goaltender, 25th Overall by Future Considerations, 35th Overall by Hockey Prospect

Summary from Future Considerations Draft Guide: "Calm and confident, uses natural frame to cover down low, good lateral mobility and anticipation, takes away upper portions of the net well, scrambles back into position well when situation arises, not great at handling puck around crease, doesn't play angles aggressive enough."

Summary from Hockey Prospect Draft Black Book: "Played for the Shattuck St. Mary's program for 2 and a half years before playing for Brynas Jr. in Sweden, excelled in league and international tournaments, big kid that plays big in his net, strong mechanics, great butterfly, strong down low, great puck tracking skills and rebound control, plays a sound technical game, plays well on the PK and against dump ins - creates breakout passes, loves the smaller rinks surfaces of NA."

Sleeper: Francois Brassard - 1/31/94 (18) Canada, 6'1" 154lbs (Jason mentioned him in May)
Rankings: 15th CSS NA Goaltender, NR in Future Considerations, 191st Overall by Hockey Prospect

Summary from Hockey Prospect Draft Black Book: "Backed up Louis Domingue for Quebec Remparts, calm and composed, excels with his butterfly, good lateral movements, covers the bottom of the net well, reads the play well, needs to develop glove side, plays too deep in crease. Upside not high end at the moment but good guy to take a flyer on late in the draft."

Note: Info on age from EliteProspects, Info on Height/Weight from Hockey Prospect.

#26 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:37 AM

Buzzing the Net: Top 10

Nothing crazy on the list but they have Grigorenko slipping to 7th. Nice read though.

Hockey's Future: 2012 Staff Mock Draft

29. New Jersey Devils

Tim Bozon, LW, Kamloops Blazers (WHL)
The Devils don't frequently draft WHLers this high, but Bozon is arguably the best pure-goal scorer available at this point. His high-end speed, puck skills and lethal finishing ability are too hard to pass up. His 36 goals led all WHL rookies. Bozon is responsible defensively, pressures hard on the forecheck, and displays a little bit of grit not typically found in many Swiss-trained players.

Other potential picks: Scott Laughton, Colton Sissons, Nicolas Kerdiles, Phil Di Giuseppe, Martin Frk.

Surprised to see whoever was picking for the Canucks was taking Tanner Pearson in round 1.

Future Considerations is doing an interesting scout series where each scout names a player that impressed them, disappointed them, and could be a sleeper from their region. Here are the ones that have been uploaded:
Zenon Herasymiuk (WHL)
Sean Lafortune (OHL)
Brian McGee (USHL)
Dan Sallows
Brian Huddle (OHL)
Patrik Hall (Sweden)
Jeff McCarthy (WHL)
Dan Chan (USHS East)

Edited by thefiestygoat, 14 June 2012 - 12:37 AM.

#27 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 847 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:16 AM

It's amazing how far Frk has fallen. Is his laziness something he isn't likely to get over?

#28 GA Devil

GA Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:36 AM

Buzzing the Net: Top 10

Nothing crazy on the list but they have Grigorenko slipping to 7th. Nice read though.

Hockey's Future: 2012 Staff Mock Draft

Surprised to see whoever was picking for the Canucks was taking Tanner Pearson in round 1.

Future Considerations is doing an interesting scout series where each scout names a player that impressed them, disappointed them, and could be a sleeper from their region. Here are the ones that have been uploaded:
Zenon Herasymiuk (WHL)
Sean Lafortune (OHL)
Brian McGee (USHL)
Dan Sallows
Brian Huddle (OHL)
Patrik Hall (Sweden)
Jeff McCarthy (WHL)
Dan Chan (USHS East)

I enjoyed those links. Thanks, TFG.
Let the celebration begin in the Daneyko household!!!!

#29 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:28 PM

Mark Spector Sports ‏@SportsnetSpec

#Oilers won't trade No. 1 overall pick. Also won't decide until Thursday night, Friday morning who they'll take.

n2eg.jpg

#30 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:20 AM

Mark Spector Sports ‏@SportsnetSpec

#Oilers won't trade No. 1 overall pick. Also won't decide until Thursday night, Friday morning who they'll take.

It will be interesting to see what they do. Even though they have a great crop of young forwards, they have to take Yakupov if they feel like none of the defenseman can be on that same level.

Even though this is considered a weaker class, its nice that this draft will be unpredictable. I'll only be able to follow the 1st round live since I'll be working during the 2nd-7th rounds unfortunately.

#31 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,372 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:27 AM

It will be interesting to see what they do. Even though they have a great crop of young forwards, they have to take Yakupov if they feel like none of the defenseman can be on that same level.

Even though this is considered a weaker class, its nice that this draft will be unpredictable. I'll only be able to follow the 1st round live since I'll be working during the 2nd-7th rounds unfortunately.

I would trade that first pick for a defenseman if I was Edmonton. They are set on offense but they really do lack any talented guys on D.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#32 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:35 PM

I would trade that first pick for a defenseman if I was Edmonton. They are set on offense but they really do lack any talented guys on D.

It will be interesting to see if they move the pick and who it would be to. I'm not expecting it but I can see it happening.

Hockey's Future: New Jersey Devils 2012 Draft Preview

After using nine of their last 18 draft picks over the course the past three NHL drafts on defenseman, the Devils built up what was once a dilapidated and thin blue line into what is now the strength of the system.

The Devils have only selected four European-born players over the past three drafts and three of those four have been from Sweden.

Of late, the team has shown a tendency for selecting players out of the USHL, more specifically, the US Under 18 National Development Team Program. Three of the Devils six choices last year came out of the USHL. The Devils don't hesitate to draft players from the CHL and haven't really shown a tendency to favor one league or another lately.

#33 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:19 AM

Being that we're pretty darn thin on the right side, if you look at player rankings, you see among for 1st fifty on Craig's (Buttons) list, there are only about 5 right hand (fw) shooters? I see guys play RW, but shoot lefty. Like Kovy (shoots righty, plays left wing) Not much to pick from. Maybe that for Lou/Conte it's not even a priority. Hopefully we'll be able to get a natural RW like (if they're still around)Sebastian Collberg, Tomas Hertl,(both play in their countries elite league) Samuel Kurker (Mass prep school HS) maybe Samuelson from Edmonton (WHL)

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

#34 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:39 PM

Well this is certainly something to follow. The New York Islanders (or the Icelanders as Steve Somers calls them) are interested in trading their 4th round pick for P.K. Subban.

https://twitter.com/...400445882445824

#Newsday‬ reports ‪#Isles‬ considering trading No. 4 draft pick to ‪#canadiens‬ for ‪#PKSubban‬. ‪#Montreal‬ hesitant. ‪#nyi‬ ‪#NHL

Edited by TheMazz, 17 June 2012 - 12:39 PM.

n2eg.jpg

#35 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:12 PM

Being that we're pretty darn thin on the right side, if you look at player rankings, you see among for 1st fifty on Craig's (Buttons) list, there are only about 5 right hand (fw) shooters? I see guys play RW, but shoot lefty. Like Kovy (shoots righty, plays left wing) Not much to pick from. Maybe that for Lou/Conte it's not even a priority. Hopefully we'll be able to get a natural RW like (if they're still around)Sebastian Collberg, Tomas Hertl,(both play in their countries elite league) Samuel Kurker (Mass prep school HS) maybe Samuelson from Edmonton (WHL)

I'd rather see the Devils take the best player available with their first pick and then try to target organizational weaknesses in the latter rounds. I'm still curious as to if the Devils are going to move this pick in a deal or if they really feel strong about some of the guys that are going to be available there.

Well this is certainly something to follow. The New York Islanders (or the Icelanders as Steve Somers calls them) are interested in trading their 4th pick for P.K. Subban.

https://twitter.com/...400445882445824

#Newsday‬ reports ‪#Isles‬ considering trading No. 4 draft pick to ‪#canadiens‬ for ‪#PKSubban‬. ‪#Montreal‬ hesitant. ‪#nyi‬ ‪#NHL

Montreal would be nuts to take that trade. They'd have to be getting more than just the 4th overall pick back imo. Besides all the prospects, I'm looking forward to all the trade rumors and deals that will go down during the draft. Always a fun weekend in the summer for us hockey fans.

#36 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:14 PM

Kyle Woodlief of Red Line Report/USA Today Mock Draft:

29. New Jersey — Malcolm Subban. Hey, what Martin Brodeur just did at the age of 40 is phenomenal, but he can't keep this up forever. Can he?

#37 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:24 AM

Montreal would be nuts to take that trade. They'd have to be getting more than just the 4th overall pick back imo. Besides all the prospects, I'm looking forward to all the trade rumors and deals that will go down during the draft. Always a fun weekend in the summer for us hockey fans.

I doubt it would be a straight up Subban for the 4th type of deal, but never know with the Isles. I completely agree about the draft espc this year. I was prepared for it to be low-key but with us keeping our pick, Friday just got a lot more interesting.

The mocks are all over the place this year, but its understandable. Ive read about 6 of them in the last hour and the only repeat position is goaltender, but have seen wingers, d-men, and centers mocked to us too.

Edited by ghdi, 18 June 2012 - 12:24 AM.

#38 Brandon

Brandon

Trenton Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:15 PM

My full mock:

http://holmesnhl.wor...-draft-61512-5/
25smul5.png

#39 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:57 PM

I'm 100% convinced that one of Maidens, Frk, Sissons or Fox will be picked on draft day by the Devils.

Edited by TheMazz, 18 June 2012 - 04:57 PM.

n2eg.jpg

#40 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,750 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:22 PM

I'm 100% convinced that one of Maidens, Frk, Sissons or Fox will be picked on draft day by the Devils.

Frk finished the season ranked in the low 50s by iSS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users