#41 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:10 PM

Frk finished the season ranked in the low 50s by iSS

So I take it he's no longer on the Devils draft watch?

n2eg.jpg

#42 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,813 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:40 PM

So I take it he's no longer on the Devils draft watch?

I thought you were referring to the first round. And from all accounts he's a lazy, cocky and out of shape player.....certainly not lous type

#43 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:00 PM

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=79448

think its funny who this guy has us mocked to be taking lol

What the WHAT????...

#44 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,262 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:15 PM

In Lou We Trust: Mock Drafting The Devils Selections in Rounds 2-6

Future Considerations: Wildcards to be had Between the Pipes

Includes a prospect Jason has brought up here:

Francois Brassard – Quebec – QMJHL – 6’-1” 160 lbs

A butterfly style puck stopper who when he is on his game plays with very good poise and calmness in the crease. Has a good glove and does not give up many rebounds but can go through stretches where he plays too deep in his crease and allows bad goals that should be stopped. This can also be attributed to a lack of focus from time to time, but other than these consistency issues his size and style are impressive and Brassard could catch the eye of an NHL team.

Future Considerations: FC’s Scout Series: Dan Shrader (Upper-Midwest)

Interesting comments on Jake McCabe and others.

As usual, I highly recommend the In Lou We Trust post. Great stuff!

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#45 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:16 AM

In Lou We Trust: Mock Drafting The Devils Selections in Rounds 2-6

Future Considerations: Wildcards to be had Between the Pipes
Yea what a great article. He clearly has a great understanding and spent a good amount of time on that.

I definitely just learned a ton about all those prospects
Includes a prospect Jason has brought up here:

Future Considerations: FC’s Scout Series: Dan Shrader (Upper-Midwest)

Interesting comments on Jake McCabe and others.

As usual, I highly recommend the In Lou We Trust post. Great stuff!

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#46 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,262 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:01 PM

TSN: TSN's Final Draft Top 60 (Includes reports from Craig Button)

TSN: Craig Button and Pierre McGuire Mock Draft 1st Round

29. Devils: Mark Jankowski (Center) Craig Button's Notes: "The Devils always find diamonds in the rough, and Jankowski is that player. "

In Lou We Trust has a very informative prospect profile on Jankwoski here. Well worth taking the time to read.

Future Considerations: Blueline Bolstered with Wildcards

A lot of names and notes to take in with that report. The Devils love taking defenseman and have had success with some late in the draft (Fayne 5th Round 2005) while last years 6th Round pick (Reece Scarlett) is showing promise despite not being well known entering the draft.

The United States of Hockey: USA Goalie Coach Weighs in on Draft-Eligible American Netminders

One of the 4 goalies featured is Jackson, NJ's own Anthony Stolarz.

Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#47 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:30 PM

I remember reading about him in the local papers, it was him and another goalie I think and they were the best in the state? That would be cool to have a jackson native win, maybe he will bring the cup here one day.

#48 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:47 PM

It be interesting to see what Lou and company do with the 29th pick. Maybe he figures a new CBA would cancel the penalty, maybe he sees a potential project available at 29, or maybe he will trade up or do something else.

I just have a feeling the Devils have something up their sleeve at the draft.

#49 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:30 PM

It be interesting to see what Lou and company do with the 29th pick. Maybe he figures a new CBA would cancel the penalty, maybe he sees a potential project available at 29, or maybe he will trade up or do something else.

I just have a feeling the Devils have something up their sleeve at the draft.

We HAVE to be cooking up some sort of trade IMO, why else on Earth would we not give up the 29th pick. In Lou we trust. :koolaid:

Edited by Zubie#8, 19 June 2012 - 10:31 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

#50 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:11 AM

I think the Devils would take either Subban or VASILEVSKI if still available. I'm wondering when you get to choose 29th, that it's a crapshoot whether there's truly a "best player" available. I think they're poised to make a trade as well.

I'd like to see them choose (of course if they're still around) Tomas Hertl, Sam Kurker, Devin Shore, Chris Calnan, or Jake McCabe.

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

#51 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,262 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:25 PM

Future Considerations: FC’S SCOUT SERIES: CLAUDIA FORTIER (QMJHL)
Future Considerations: PLENTY OF WILDCARDS LEFT OF CENTRE
In Lou We Trust: NHL Mock Draft 2012: ILWT Selects Tom Wilson with No. 29 Pick

I think the Devils would take either Subban or VASILEVSKI if still available. I'm wondering when you get to choose 29th, that it's a crapshoot whether there's truly a "best player" available. I think they're poised to make a trade as well.

I'd like to see them choose (of course if they're still around) Tomas Hertl, Sam Kurker, Devin Shore, Chris Calnan, or Jake McCabe.

I'm curious to see where McCabe ends up getting selected since his draft stock fell with his injury last year. FC has him ranked 35th, CSS has him at 47th (NA Skaters), Hockey Prospect has him at 98th, and Hockey Prospectus ranks him at 67th. I'd love it if the Devils could select him with their 2nd pick but I doubt he falls that far.

#52 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:50 PM

We HAVE to be cooking up some sort of trade IMO, why else on Earth would we not give up the 29th pick. In Lou we trust. :koolaid:

I have to agree with this. However, I just can't imagine that a Devils 1st round pick in this years draft holds a lot of weight in a trade. I don't think Lou would hold off on giving the pick up this year unless he already had been talking with someone and they had specifically asked for that pick to be on the table or he had been planning to attempt to trade up already. In Lou we trust. :koolaid:

Edited by NJDevils1214, 20 June 2012 - 05:51 PM.

815631765.gif

#53 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:58 PM

I gotta work Friday night... who wants to be the awesome, fabulous individual to text me when the devils make a move/draft and any other big news?

:uni: :uni: :hail: :hail: :pray: :pray:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#54 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,262 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:01 AM

NHL Numbers: 2012 NHL DRAFT TOP 100 - JUNE UPDATE: YAKUPOV IS UNANIMOUS

The sources for the consensus list are Bob McKenzie, Redline Report, Future Considerations, ISS, Craig Button, Hockey Prospectus, The Scouting Report, and Win Shares via Nick, A.K.A. Mathletic. Their prior records are used to establish a weighting so that the opinions of the more accurate (McKenzie and Button) have more value than the opinions of the less accurate.

The Hockey Writers: 2012 NHL Draft: The Next Ones Final Rankings

A lot of info, links, and a top 150 ranking in that post.

#55 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:04 AM

It would be lovely to see Parise with Lou and Management at the Draft, of course it was in Mionnesota last year but I would love to see him in Pittsburgh :)

believe-zubrus.jpg

#56 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:53 AM

I gotta work Friday night... who wants to be the awesome, fabulous individual to text me when the devils make a move/draft and any other big news?

:uni: :uni: :hail: :hail: :pray: :pray:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

If you are facebook friends with NJDevs you will see any moves quickly. Unless you got an old style phone

#57 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,128 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:14 AM

NHL.com has an Atlantic Division preview for the draft:

Draft Preview

Devils greatest needs:

Biggest Need: The Devils are in a position where they can address their needs at center and wing through free agency and trades. They'll likely fortify those areas in this year's draft as well. If Salvador does not re-sign, look for the Devils to target a defender in the draft with shutdown tendencies to complement the more offensively minded Larsson. It's possible the organization may draft another player in goal. Right now, the top three goalie prospects within the organization are Scott Wedgewood, Keith Kinkaid and Jeff Frazee.

Possible targets:

Possible Targets: Tomas Hertl, C, Slavia (Czech Republic); Scott Laughton, C, Oshawa (OHL); Brady Skjei, D, USA U-18 (USHL); Oscar Dansk, G, Brynas Jr. (Sweden)

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#58 capo

capo

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:13 PM

My opinion is the Devils need Subban out of this draft. They have a hell of a defensive group of prospects all they lack now is goaltending depth. I'm not sold on Wedgewood. If he ends up panning out there is nothing wrong with having two good goaltenders. Subban apparently put on a good show at the combine so he'll probably go well before 29 but if he's on the table he should be a Devil. Solidifying their end of the ice should be priority number 1. Subban is going to be the real deal.

#59 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:16 PM

They'll be feeding headline writers' dreams for years if they pick Devin Shore.

Edit: Especially if they pick Paul DeJersey at some point as well.

Edited by thelastonealive, 21 June 2012 - 09:20 PM.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#60 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,262 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:53 PM

McKeens Mock Draft at Rotoworld

29. New Jersey - Malcolm Subban (G)
Amazingly Subban did not pick up the position until he was 12 however he has the reflexes, athleticism and skills to be a potential starter in the NHL. Missed a bulk of the season with several nagging injuries but still managed to lead the OHL in many statistical categories. Belleville played considerably different with him in the pipes as he has the ability to steal games. It’s a bit of a surprise that the Devils kept this pick as they have to surrender a number one pick in the next three years as punishment for the irregularities in the signing of Ilya Kovalchuk two years ago but if Subban is still available in this spot, it’s a steal.

Future Considerations: Wildcards Getting It Right

Future Considerations: FC’S SCOUT SERIES: DAN STEWART (SCOUTING DIRECTOR)

My most impressive draft eligible this season and the one with a very high NHL upside is Sault Ste. Marie goalie Matt Murray. His season started strong as he was top guy in the Soo and playing like it, until the Jack Campbell trade with Windsor that really shook his confidence.

His frame, at over six-foot-four, and athleticism are extremely high end and he brings a strong work ethic to the table as well. Rated 41st overall for the 2012 NHL draft, Murray has had his high points and his low points of the season but for pure upside he is one of the top prospects in my book.

Livingston, NJ's own Nick Ebert was his most disappointing prospect.

The United States of Hockey: Top 15 Americans Part 1 and 2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users