28 replies to this topic

#1 Vic Rattlehead18

Vic Rattlehead18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:12 PM

I finally got around to reading one of TGs blogs from last week (http://blogs.northje..._sleep_at_home/).

First, hopefully there will be a lot of "swarm it up" signs against the glass during warmups.

But what got me thinking was the dice they have on the back of their hoodies. I initially thought to bust out the D&D game and grab a 16 sided die and throw it on the ice after they win. But they're small and could be missed during clean u,p and do have the possibility to cause injury. So even better, would be those fuzzy car mirror dice (there are red and black ones). Red wings have the octopus, florida has their rats. We don't have anything :( . So maybe we could throw some fuzzy dice after each playoff win. Opinions?

Side bar: What are the theories of the dice? Does everyone agree it was martys comments about rolling dice and the 16 are for the 16 wins?
Devils.

#2 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,121 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:21 PM

While it would be cool for the Devils to have their own thing like the Octopus and the Rats, seems kind of weird to jump on the team's inside joke that the fans don't understand and that they don't want anyone else to know about really.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#3 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:31 PM

It would be cool to have something after the game. I feel like at the least everyone who is able to attend should get a "Swarm it up!" chant going.

#4 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:49 PM

Swarm it up. Sounds like something S.Mouse would come up with.

Edited by Jerzey Devil, 14 April 2012 - 12:52 PM.

#5 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:16 PM

I don't get how dice relate to swarming it up

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#6 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,858 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:16 PM

While it would be cool for the Devils to have their own thing like the Octopus and the Rats, seems kind of weird to jump on the team's inside joke that the fans don't understand and that they don't want anyone else to know about really.

This is kind of how I feel, too. It's something between the players and a lot of them didn't seem interested in explaining it. I don't really think fans should be trying to include themselves in it if that is the case.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#7 Demonic26

Demonic26

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:43 PM

This is kind of how I feel, too. It's something between the players and a lot of them didn't seem interested in explaining it. I don't really think fans should be trying to include themselves in it if that is the case.

+1

#8 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,128 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

Throw a bee hive or a wasps nest.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#9 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:08 PM

Pine cones for the Jersey Devil home of the Pine barrens?

#10 hit the post

hit the post

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:13 PM

I finally got around to reading one of TGs blogs from last week (http://blogs.northje..._sleep_at_home/).

First, hopefully there will be a lot of "swarm it up" signs against the glass during warmups.

But what got me thinking was the dice they have on the back of their hoodies. I initially thought to bust out the D&D game and grab a 16 sided die and throw it on the ice after they win. But they're small and could be missed during clean u,p and do have the possibility to cause injury. So even better, would be those fuzzy car mirror dice (there are red and black ones). Red wings have the octopus, florida has their rats. We don't have anything :( . So maybe we could throw some fuzzy dice after each playoff win. Opinions?

How about we just cheer,clap and root....At the 95 finals,one of our fan throw out some jersey corn...dumb then...and now!!!

Side bar: What are the theories of the dice? Does everyone agree it was martys comments about rolling dice and the 16 are for the 16 wins?

And The Rags Have How Many Cups--Can't win many with a Farm team.

#11 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:28 PM

rags lose blues win

Posted Image

#12 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 10:29 PM

I don't get how dice relate to swarming it up

Obviously you aren't in on it. Hehe.

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#13 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:15 AM

I definitely don't think the fans should include themselves in a team joke because it takes away the comradery formed by it. I also don't think that we necessarily need to have something to throw on the ice. Maybe we should be creative and come up with our own tradition instead of copying other teams. I'm pretty sure if we had a tradition and another fan base started copying it people here would be complaining about how its "ours" or "they should get their own/be original", etc. That being said, it would be funny if Ducks fans threw rubber ducks on the ice haha. I can't think of anything Devils fans could throw and NOT hurt someone.

815631765.gif

#14 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,674 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:27 AM

No, but I like Swarm it Up as a chant on the PK along with KILL KILL KILL

#15 Demonic26

Demonic26

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:20 AM

No, it's the teams thing it should be left with them. Don't think fans should get involved with it.

Edited by Demonic26, 15 April 2012 - 09:21 AM.

#16 Devs4LordStanley

Devs4LordStanley

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:22 AM

is this it>My link?

Let's Go Devils!

@NTylerNJD

#17 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 11:36 AM

Posted Image

not sure if thats it, pic from a temp tattoo img.
Posted Image

#18 Gunslinger27

Gunslinger27

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:10 PM

Oh kinda like the New York Football Giants "All In"..... We as fans need to come up with something, as far as throwing things how about blueclaw crabs, lol....... We need a great good Jersey Chant....
#19 Gunslinger27

Gunslinger27

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:17 PM

Oh kinda like the New York Football Giants "All In"..... We as fans need to come up with something, as far as throwing things how about blueclaw crabs, lol....... We need a great good Jersey Chant....

What was Kovy thinking about ! :D
#20 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,121 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:15 PM

"Swarm it up" would be a cool chant to implement for game 3.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users