Photo

Fan runs into Jets coach. They talk. Fan blabs.

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:27 PM

Imagine running in to Lou at Panera Bread or DeBoer at Subway and had a conversation like this:

fan meets coach

#2 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:52 PM

That article was retarded. I don't what the fan says about how it's true, there's no way to tell and I have a real hard time believing that an NHL coach is going to give up intimate details about his team to some random dude he meets while at lunch.

And we all know how the conversation would have gone had it have been Lou.

Fan: How do think the team is going to play next year?

Lou: Status quo

Fan: What's Marty's status for next year?

Lou: Status quo

Fan: Do you think the team's strong play heading in to the playoffs will carry over?

Lou: The team's play will be status quo

#3 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,279 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:06 PM

Am I the only one who thought when they read the thread title, some Jets fan ran into Rex Ryan, and Rex spilled beans on in-house stuff? Because I could totally see that happening. :P
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#4 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:17 PM

Am I the only one who thought when they read the thread title, some Jets fan ran into Rex Ryan, and Rex spilled beans on in-house stuff? Because I could totally see that happening. :P

Rex Ryan would immediately pick up and eat any spilled beans.

(I say that as a jets fan. Who likes food) hahaha
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#5 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:39 PM

I was wondering what this topic was doing in this forum. :doh1:
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#6 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:57 PM

The one about the guy being too slow for the NHL...awkward next the coach and player meet.

#7 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,022 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:53 PM

Rex Ryan would immediately pick up and eat any spilled beans.

(I say that as a jets fan. Who likes food) hahaha

:rofl:

#8 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,961 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:02 PM

Can you imagine how fast a Devils coach would be fired if he spilled stuff like this to a fan?

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#9 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,279 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

Can you imagine how fast a Devils coach would be fired if he spilled stuff like this to a fan?

Fired? His body would turn up in the Hudson River. :P
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#10 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,399 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 06:09 PM

You're not the only one, believe me...
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#11 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:40 AM

If Noel wasn't drunk when he blabbed all that to a random fan, then he's got a screw loose. If it's true that is.

Edited by ben00rs, 15 April 2012 - 12:40 AM.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#12 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,497 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:48 AM

Wow, that's incredibly irresponsible journalism on the part of the author. So basically all a Jets' fan has to do is get a picture taken of himself with the Winnipeg Jets' coach, claim to have a detailed conversation with that coach, and the author will then print quotes from the alleged conversation because, hey, the fan swears it's the truth? That's beyond lame. If I'm the Jets, I blackball that guy.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#13 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,497 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:56 AM

Wow, that's incredibly irresponsible journalism on the part of the author. So basically all a Jets' fan has to do is get a picture taken of himself with the Winnipeg Jets' coach, claim to have a detailed conversation with that coach, and the author will then print quotes from the alleged conversation because, hey, the fan swears it's the truth? That's beyond lame. If I'm the Jets, I blackball that guy.

I find it a little suspect as well, unless the team or coach ended up admitting that it happened.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#14 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,726 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:22 AM

Not only that, the coach is saying things and this guy is writing them down? Wouldn't the coach think, 'Hey, maybe I shouldn't be talking to this guy'? Why didn't the coach sign the written record of his conversation afterwards?

Edited by Triumph, 15 April 2012 - 10:23 AM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#15 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:59 PM

Not only that, the coach is saying things and this guy is writing them down? Wouldn't the coach think, 'Hey, maybe I shouldn't be talking to this guy'? Why didn't the coach sign the written record of his conversation afterwards?

Could be wrong, but the way I read it, the guy wasn't actually writing anything during the conversation, he merely wrote a summary of what he remembered afterward. Either way, I agree that the story is pretty far fetched. Most likely the encounter did happen, but the details of what the coach actually talked about are greatly exaggerated.

Edited by iamtheprodigy, 15 April 2012 - 03:00 PM.

#16 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:47 PM

Could be wrong, but the way I read it, the guy wasn't actually writing anything during the conversation, he merely wrote a summary of what he remembered afterward. Either way, I agree that the story is pretty far fetched. Most likely the encounter did happen, but the details of what the coach actually talked about are greatly exaggerated.

Well, the journalist didn't do much to point out to the readers that there's is a high possibility this is not true.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users