functionless art is simply tolerated vandalism

#62 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,103 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:19 PM

This game is pissing me off really fvcking quick. Not only am I annoyed at the lack of intensity, but they need to stay out of the fvcking box. I don't care if the calls sucked or not, stay the fvck out of the box against this team. They're beating themselves.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#63 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,386 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:26 PM

This game is pissing me off really fvcking quick. Not only am I annoyed at the lack of intensity, but they need to stay out of the fvcking box. I don't care if the calls sucked or not, stay the fvck out of the box against this team. They're beating themselves.

The Devils have 16 SOG in their last three periods. This is as big a problem as anything else, though some of this was due to the Devils trying to settle down Game 1 in the third period, which they did to strong effect.

DeBoer has the intermission to make adjustments. If the Devils can get past the remainder of that 5-on-3, I'm curious to see how DeBoer counters...it seems like Florida is dictating right now.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#64 Devilsrock01

Devilsrock01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:28 PM

this team always play like this in the playoffs get your fkn heads out of your asses and start playing some fvcking hockey. They have no jump and no intensity.

Posted Image

#65 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,219 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

Greatest PK ever my ***, figures they can't kill a penalty when it matters.

Does Kovy have a pulse? He must have turned the intensity off so long he can't turn it back on again :rolleyes:

Edited by NJDevs4978, 15 April 2012 - 07:31 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#66 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,103 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

The Devils have 16 SOG in their last three periods. This is as big a problem as anything else, though some of this was due to the Devils trying to settle down Game 1 in the third period, which they did to strong effect.

DeBoer has the intermission to make adjustments. If the Devils can get past the remainder of that 5-on-3, I'm curious to see how DeBoer counters...it seems like Florida is dictating right now.

I just want playoff intensity. If I woke up from a coma, had no idea what month it was, and turned this game on, I would've thought it was November by the way the Devils played that period. Its fvcking April, get the level up. Its almost like they're content with winning 1 down there.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#67 Kovy138

Kovy138

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:35 PM

fvck..
LET'S GO DEVILS

#68 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:37 PM

Didn't clear it once. Didn't win one faceoff in the defensive zone. I mean, what the fvck are they doing?

believe-devs.jpg

#69 Devs3cups

Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

We're getting owned.

n2eg.jpg 

"BELIEVE in our team. We've had difficult momments as a fanbase, but we will get out of it"

#70 hockey3893498

hockey3893498

Banned Troll

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

This is the most frustrating hockey team you can imagine. theyre not even beating themselves because to do that they have to show up first. everybody on the planet knew youd see a different florida team, but the devils seem to be too busy still admiring game one and reading their own press clippings.

#71 CMONPETEYD

CMONPETEYD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,574 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

Really we have played 1 excellent period, 2 bad periods, and 1 so-so period. This one is not off to a good start either.

Time for # 1 line to step up. Their special teams have been MUCH better than ours.
My name changes every summer
Posted Image

#72 Parisalchuk

Parisalchuk

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:42 PM

The devils need to score a ppg/kill a penalty if they want to win this series, they're getting killed in the special teams department right now.

#73 CMONPETEYD

CMONPETEYD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,574 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:45 PM

Time to call a timeout.
My name changes every summer
Posted Image

#74 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:46 PM

Bad effort so far. Very bad effort

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#75 sassquash

sassquash

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:50 PM

In the dictionary, under the word frustrating they should just put a fvcking Devils logo.

functionless art is simply tolerated vandalism

#76 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:50 PM

Kovalchuk has literally been invisible.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#77 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,302 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:52 PM

Kovalchuk has literally been invisible.

Literally? I can still see him... :noclue:
Posted Image

#78 Devs3cups

Devs3cups

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:01 PM

Bye bye

n2eg.jpg 

"BELIEVE in our team. We've had difficult momments as a fanbase, but we will get out of it"

#79 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,302 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:03 PM

Unbelievable. The Panthers have been one step ahead of the Devils this whole game.
Posted Image

#80 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,991 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:03 PM

Let's get one goal before this period ends, please?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users