181 replies to this topic

#121 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,994 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:28 PM

I think Parise will come around..he fared well in the Olympics, and that's pretty much the biggest stage next to the SC finals. He just needs to bury one

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#122 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,987 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:30 PM

Wasted opportunity tonight. I don't know what they were doing the first two periods.

Can PDB just have the team watch video of the Flyers' series before the next game? That's a team that plays a full 60.

#123 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:31 PM

All I ask for is 60 minutes and no soft goals at the worst times. But at least they split. Now they got to start winning games on home ice when it counts.

#124 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:31 PM

hey we win one they won one... Nice but our 3 period is good for Devils momentum

Lets win 2 at the rock!

#125 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,231 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:34 PM

Are we playing 3 straight or straight at the Rock?

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

#126 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,429 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:34 PM

That wasn't the happy-go-lucky PDB in the postgame after this one, he was pissed and rightly so. Any kind of an effort the first two periods and they might at least be going to OT, especially with what happened once they finally started playing in the third. But again, this team gets arrogant and gives away playoff games :rant:

I thought this team was beyond this s***, I really did. The most discouraging thing about the first two games is our GREAT PK has come undone. And they still can't contain the top line at all.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 15 April 2012 - 09:37 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#127 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,327 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:35 PM

Are we playing 3 straight or straight at the Rock?

Games 3 and 4 are at the Rock, game 5 is in Florida.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#128 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,758 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:37 PM

Wasted opportunity tonight. I don't know what they were doing the first two periods.

Can PDB just have the team watch video of the Flyers' series before the next game? That's a team that plays a full 60.

You mean that's a team that goes down by 1 or 2 before getting the goalie to fold like an exceptionally cheap suit. Gimme a break, the Flyers play a full 60.

That wasn't the happy-go-lucky PDB in the postgame after this one, he was pissed and rightly so. Any kind of an effort the first two periods and they might at least be going to OT, especially with what happened once they finally started playing in the third. But again, this team gets arrogant and gives away playoff games :rant:

The most discouraging thing about the first two games is our GREAT PK has come undone. And they still can't contain the top line at all.

How did we watch the same game?

Yeah, the Devils didn't play well. That's the key. HOWEVER:

- first PP goal is a tough bounce.
- second PP goal comes after a 2 minute 5 on 3 (tough bounce there too, but lol @ expecting to kill off a 2 minute 5 on 3)
- other goal is Marty playing terrible

Devils defense had a good game, the PK isn't what it was during the regular season, but I'm really not impressed with the Panthers after this game. They got a bunch of breaks, played against a team that didn't bring its A game, and still had to hang on to win it.

Edited by Triumph, 15 April 2012 - 09:40 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#129 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:38 PM

Well, what can I say? First two periods were awful. We had nothing to cheer about at all. Then the third period was awesome. I said to my bud in the 2nd intermission, "well, I know a comeback is unlikely but I just hope they score a couple goals, make it interesting, and have that momentum carry over to Game 3." Well, similar to the end of Game 1 for Florida, they did just that. Hopefully it will carry over. Damn did they come so close to tying it though.

I was just glad they gave me something to smile about cause damn the first 40 were demoralizing. After the game I threw my Panthers rally towel in the trash which was well received. Then I came across a Panthers fan chanting "NEW JERSEY SUCKS BALLS! NEW JERSEY SUCKS BALLS!" so I told him he was the man, and then they said "Florida Panthers all the way!!!" So I told him yeah man! 12 years in the making! No reply to that...

Then someone was chanting "Newark is a sh!thole! Newark is a..." You stay classy south Florida!

I'm calling a big Devils win Tuesday. Now for the long drive home. I'll be back here Saturday.

#130 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:38 PM

I know I said playing the full 60 is fanspeak, but they need to play the fvcking full 60.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#131 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:40 PM

Parise has been unimpressive. He's playing like a glorified third liner.

And that call on clarkson in the first was bs. The officiating in this yrs playoffs have been unsurprisingly poor already.

I agree with triumph, the panthers weren't overly impressive. We should've done better tonight.

Edited by devlman, 15 April 2012 - 09:41 PM.

#132 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,156 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:40 PM

Then someone was chanting "Newark is a sh!thole! Newark is a..." You stay classy south Florida!

Well he's not wrong. :whistling:

#133 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,828 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:42 PM

The panthers first two goals were lucky ass bounces too. Weiss was in good position to pick up the trash after some unfortunate deflections. The panthers are an awful team and it pisses me off to lose see us lose to them. They have two ES goals all series and needed a bogus five on three to score. Didn't help that Marty gave up that third one. If this team doesn't come out flyIng Tuesday, they don't deserve this

#134 ILikeItVeryMuch

ILikeItVeryMuch

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:43 PM

If you are in any city in Florida not named Miami or Tampa, yeah, you would pray for Newark.

Congrats to the 14,000 or so Floridians who attended their first hockey game this evening.

Edited by ILikeItVeryMuch, 15 April 2012 - 09:43 PM.

#135 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,429 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:44 PM

You mean that's a team that goes down by 1 or 2 before getting the goalie to fold like an exceptionally cheap suit. Gimme a break, the Flyers play a full 60.

How did we watch the same game?

Yeah, the Devils didn't play well. That's the key. HOWEVER:

- first PP goal is a tough bounce.
- second PP goal comes after a 2 minute 5 on 3 (tough bounce there too, but lol @ expecting to kill off a 2 minute 5 on 3)
- other goal is Marty playing terrible

Devils defense had a good game, the PK isn't what it was during the regular season, but I'm really not impressed with the Panthers after this game. They got a bunch of breaks, played against a team that didn't bring its A game, and still had to hang on to win it.

First PP goal came after a stupid penalty from Greene fifteen seconds into the game, and came ten seconds after that. Whatever momentum they had from Game 1 they gave away in 23 seconds. The 5-on-3 was a tough break, fine but after already giving up two PP goals I have no patience for another from THE GREATEST PK OF ALL TIME. After killing off 90% with all these shorthanded goals in the regular season they've killed off 25% in the playoffs. Come on now. And which goal did Marty play terrible, the one where Goc (I think?) had all day to dipsy-doo at the side and Volchenkov missed the block? Marty wasn't the issue tonight.

You may not be impressed with the Panthers, but they've proven the close games in the regular season weren't a fluke now. The Devils are going to have to work to beat this team, and playing 20 minutes ain't gonna do it. This game reminded me so much of Carolina Game 4 it wasn't even funny. Another no-show for forty minutes where we were up in the series and had a chance to put a stranglehold on it. Then they decide to play in the third period and come up even more painfully short. How this team doesn't learn anything from that (at least the half of them that were there three years ago) is beyond me.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 15 April 2012 - 09:45 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#136 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,429 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:47 PM

I know I said playing the full 60 is fanspeak, but they need to play the fvcking full 60.

They barely played 20. This is one time where the fans aren't wrong when they rip the team for not playing 60. It's one thing to have ebb and flow stretches, but there was really little fight or intensity at all the first two periods.

#137 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,987 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:50 PM

What, do you want to compare the Devils effort to the Flyers effort? Or are you implying that Theodore is better than Fleury? Whatever, the Flyers are up 3-0 against the Penguins. The Devils are tied 1-1 versus the Panthers. Not saying the Devils aren't trying to win, but the efforts are not even close.

#138 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

thing is if we keep them close its no good...was trying to get adam in between zach and kovy but i think same lines would be best for now...LGD!

ok from kovy's interview hes trying to not lose his cool; hes playing it too cool...lost in translation

Edited by lazer, 15 April 2012 - 09:55 PM.

Posted Image

#139 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,758 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:54 PM

What, do you want to compare the Devils effort to the Flyers effort? Or are you implying that Theodore is better than Fleury? Whatever, the Flyers are up 3-0 against the Penguins. The Devils are tied 1-1 versus the Panthers. Not saying the Devils aren't trying to win, but the efforts are not even close.

Yes, Theodore is better than Fleury. The Flyers have gotten a million breaks to be up 3-0. And yeah, the Flyers have fallen behind in every single game - 3-0 in game 1, 2-0 in game 2, 1-0 in game 3. So what is this about 60 minutes?

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#140 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,231 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:58 PM

I know how we all feel about the Flyers, but damn! I would be happy if Jersey could be half as determined as they are.

frabz-Al-Bundy-Sees-Your-New-Shoes-Al-Bu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users