#22 ThreeCups

ThreeCups

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,380 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 04:56 PM

Thanks!

"I'm not drinking anymore of Lou's Kool-Aid. I'm fed up with it." - Mike Jefferson/Danton

#23 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:20 PM

Do you still need a college email address for that?
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#24 NJ4life

NJ4life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:33 PM

I understand why some STH's will be pissed about this deal based upon the fact that we invest a lot over the course of the season and someone buying tickets to 1 game gets a better deal. However, the demand obviously isn't there and I agree with you. I'd rather have a full house and pay a few bucks more than a few hundred people who got this deal than have a playoff game with 15-16,000 in the stands. That's just my preference, and it is a sentiment echoed by a number of people on HFBoards over the past week. In fact, it seems like there is a ticket manager that posts on there and he explained the reasoning behind the decision today. Basically said that they waited as long azs the could, but the market for the remaining seats was completely stagnanat and they needed to come out with the deals they did to sell off the remaining 1000 seats that were available for Game 3.

I'm a STH and I don't really care at all. I'd rather see the building full supporting the team than have 2000 empty seats.

The reality is that some people have been priced out of the building with the amounts they are charging and a deal like this gets those who really want to go into the building.

If we learned anything in the other thread about filling up the building, it is that we have fans that want to go but they have their financial responsibilities to take care of first before high priced playoff tickets. This deal helps some of them get to go if they jump on the deal fast enough!

More devils fans in the building will always be the best option for all!

#25 justintime2989

justintime2989

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:37 PM

thanks so have seats 231 row 8 seat 12&11

and i just bought tixs w/o college email

#26 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,720 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:46 PM

And btw, the Devils don't determine whether 'sth's get the best deal' nearly as much as the secondary market does.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#27 NJ4life

NJ4life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:50 PM

It's a delicate balance.. Don't want to condition the fans to just wait for deals, and you don't want to piss off the people who paid full price

Colin,

Why do the devils have an employee ( Devs Answer Services )answering questions and announcing things like ticket deals on HF Boards and not one on here?? Surely this board is big enough to get that kind of attention??

#28 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:28 PM

Argh I just tried buying college night tickets for Thursday and I got the same stupid error message I always get when I try to order tickets on the website.

An error occurred

Sorry, your request could not be completed at this time.

If you were purchasing tickets, your order may have been processed. To check on your order, please call customer service at 855-338-2769 or e-mail us at devarmy@newjerseydevils.com.

Does this happen to anyone else? Good thing I wasn't trying to buy tickets for tomorrow because I have to wait until tomorrow to find out if I got the tickets.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#29 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,519 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:33 PM

Colin,

Why do the devils have an employee ( Devs Answer Services )answering questions and announcing things like ticket deals on HF Boards and not one on here?? Surely this board is big enough to get that kind of attention??

officialdl used to be here, but stopped posting.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#30 NJ4life

NJ4life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:42 PM

officialdl used to be here, but stopped posting.

Yes i remember him but that doesn't answer my question. Why can't the one on HF also post on here?

#31 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,720 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:22 PM

Probably because the guy has a big job and posting on HF basically is him moonlighting as it is if you see how much he actually posts there in the Tickets thread :lol:
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#32 trailblazer

trailblazer

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

really not much people can say now about the tickets not being affordable.
Their is a price point for everyone to get into the building.
I'm a STH and I much rather have the building full than care what others paid.

Sometimes i think people forget NJ is one of the wealthiest states in the country.

#33 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:32 PM

It's probably because they have a structured ongoing topic about tickets and we post about once a month in the ticket discount thread. Someone (I can do it if no one else wants to) can send him a message and tell him about this place too.

#34 Stolen

Stolen

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:17 PM

We could just check that thread on HF I guess

#35 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:22 AM

Sometimes i think people forget NJ is one of the wealthiest states in the country.

What does that have to do with anything? Just because we are one of the wealthiest states doesn't mean every one of us is wealthy. We are also the second highest in cost of living.
--John Buccigross

#36 pattyelias

pattyelias

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:39 AM

really not much people can say now about the tickets not being affordable.
Their is a price point for everyone to get into the building.
I'm a STH and I much rather have the building full than care what others paid.

true, but unfortunately it's filled with ranger and flyer fans.

#37 lucifer91

lucifer91

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:52 AM

true, but unfortunately it's filled with ranger and flyer fans.

Truth.
Posted Image

#38 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,303 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:22 AM

What does that have to do with anything? Just because we are one of the wealthiest states doesn't mean every one of us is wealthy. We are also the second highest in cost of living.

This x100. People forget it is not cheap to live here and forget to factor in the cost of living when making the wealthiest state claim.

#39 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,720 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:32 AM

And like pattyelias said, the 'wealthiest' aren't always Devil fans, or hockey fans anyway.

But hopefully everyone can take advantage of the $27 tickets now on sale if they don't already have a seat. If you can't swing that, there ain't much hope for you getting to a playoff game period.

thanks so have seats 231 row 8 seat 12&11

and i just bought tixs w/o college email

The college e-mail address gets you a free hot dog and soda voucher with it, but yes anyone can buy tickets with that link.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 17 April 2012 - 07:31 AM.

#40 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:02 AM

I just got a call back saying the reason I got the error message is because I didn't use a college email address. What the hell.
--John Buccigross

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users